TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officials confirm Adkins as one of the "persons of interest" missing teen
According to Colorado City authorities, 'persons of interest' have been identified in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Late Wednesday afternoon, no names were released.
However, just before 7 PM Wednesday the Colorado City Manager did confirm for KCBD NewsChannel 11 that Shawn Adkins is one of the persons of interest. Names of other persons of interest were not revealed.
More...

Dunn details explored on "Nancy Grace"
When asked if she could be found in Scurry County, Billie Dunn said she didn't know and that Hailey Dunn has a lot of family and friends in Scurry County. Both of Hailey's grandparents live in Snyder.
During Wednesday evening's episode of Nancy Grace, the program spotlighted the disappearance and search for 13-year-old Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
On the show, Billie Dunn said that, contrary to an affidavit released, there was no New Years Eve party at her house. Dunn said she did have her some family over, including Billie's uncle and aunt, their grandchild, and Billie's two brothers.
More...

someone asked what does BD do at the hospital since she isn't a nurse? She said on NG tonight that she is a "secretary".

Her friend CZ said she was working as a ward clerk at the hospital. In every hospital I have worked in the Ward Clerk (secretary) was very busy and would not have time to be on the internet. Also, most hospitals I have worked in blocked out the internet on the computers used at the desk. Ward clerks usually order the supplies, put doctor orders in the computer and answer calls to the front desk from patients, answer the incoming phone ccalls, etc. The ward clerk/unit secretary can be an extremely busy position!

SA dob from affidavit is 6/30/85

Yep and now some guy is being slammed here and it's not THE Shawn in this case. I need to go to bed and pray for Hailey. I'm not on the hate train. JMO

:crazy: BD was kinda squirming there answering questions about the New Year's Eve party. She claimed that she did not even know that it was New Year's Eve.

She said they were watching the news on TV.

Dunno about in Texas, but up here in the Land of the Frozen Chosen, the NYE news broadcasts are mostly filled with fluff pieces about New Year's celebrations around the state & the world. Somehow I think they would have learned from the news that, yes indeed, it was New Year's Eve.

What a :liar:

jmo

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26469659/detail.html

Posted earlier, but from Clint. "Some" posters have said that CD wasn't on NG because he wanted to distant himself. I do not agree with that (see link above). JMO and I do not think Billie would hurt Hailey. FWIW.

Ransom, can I ask...why do you feel that Billie wouldn't hurt Hailey?..Not picking on you, I promise. I'm just always curious when someone says that without giving a reason because evil comes in all shapes and sizes, as we all know. Yet, we are still always surprised when the person one may least expect is guilty...TIA..whether you feel like answering or not! :seeya:..

That mug shot picture of Shawn Adkins is from California.

It's not the Texas person!!!!!

That wasn't the FBI or Texas Rangers. And if you have followed this case from the start they have contradicted themselves multiple times. Also, after the release of info last night (that was twisted for ratings) it just shows how much you can rely on the media or le in Colorado City. The FBI and Special Agents were more than likely brought in to do a clean up of le's reputation. It was after NG and MK slammed le... that they were brought in. The total release of info to the public, as well as, the Dunn family has been horrible. Sorry, just coming from someone that fled that town with my 2 daughters in tow because local le failed to show us the protection we deserved. I could go on about what was done. I feel vindicated by this getting National Attention. I would like to know who the UNKNOWN SUBJECT is that failed the poly also. MOO

First I'm sorry for what you went through. Yes, I have followed this case from the start. I see an investigation that is being kept close to the vest to trip suspects up. That info was not twisted for ratings, it was from the actual affidavits.

Its hard to keep up with these pages: someone asked what does BD do at the hospital since she isn't a nurse? She said on NG tonight that she is a "secretary". FWIW, I am a secretary myself at a small, hometown business and I spend plenty of time reading WS at work!! And posting on my Facebook... so it isn't that unusual or unethical, it just depends on the employer.

I really wish NG would have asked BD some better questions and then LET HER ANSWER. NG cuts people off to quickly and there are way too many commercial breaks. :( Anyway -- if you ask me the REAL story here is the CELL PINGS! The cell pings prove SA went back to the house while Hailey was there! And then no pings from nearly 7am to 9:38am when he is picked up by the tower near his mom's in Big Spring. Ok -- where was he for that 2.5 hours? huh???

THAT's the key.

THANKYOU! I've been asking since last night if he really went to Big Spring and how the cell pings related to the home. You're right. How long does it take to get to Big Spring? I'm thinking a couple of hours. Maybe they need to alert people to what he was driving like they did with Terri Horman. This part of Texas isn't like some areas where there is a whole lot of overgrowth. It's pretty open and flat in many areas with farmers, and he could have been spotted.

Yep and now some guy is being slammed here and it's not THE Shawn in this case. I need to go to bed and pray for Hailey. I'm not on the hate train. JMO

:waitasec: It was an honest mistake.....but good night. :waitasec:

I think the cell phone pings will tell the story. Apparently, he went home after leaving his work. Maybe Hailey was in the car. Maybe she was still at home. He did whatever was done after he walked in then out of the job and when DD came home at 4PM (the doors were locked and SA did not answer the door coz he was covering/cleaning up). I think as others do that BD is naive - or maybe she turned a "blind eye" to some nefarious goings-on around her dealing with Hailey.
I saw on the show that NG said SA stated Haily was promiscuous - maybe trying to cover what may be found? JUST as always MOO!

If her printing out things that have nothing to do with work shows of her character and it makes her a bad person then I know a lot of very bad people including myself. I steal pens from work and have printed recipes and whatever else. I've also been a big sneak having multiple windows up and reading websleuths and fb while I was getting paid and suppose to be doing work. Not sure if that qualifies someone as being able to participate in their childs murder and/or disposal.

Cynsational and Tamfish I was the one that asked what BD did at the hospital. Thank you so much for answering. I just didn't know what she did that would allow her to do so much copying.

I think the cell phone pings will tell the story. Apparently, he went home after leaving his work. Maybe Hailey was in the car. Maybe she was still at home. He did whatever was done after he walked in then out of the job and when DD came home at 4PM (the doors were locked and SA did not answer the door coz he was covering/cleaning up). I think as others do that BD is naive - or maybe she turned a "blind eye" to some nefarious goings-on around her dealing with Hailey.

I saw on the show that NG said SA stated Haily was promiscuous - maybe trying to cover what may be found? JUSY as always MOO!

I don't think he harmed Hailey at the house. I think he was there for less than 30 minutes and took her elsewhere... :( ... and did whatever he did there. Then went to his mom's and back to the house later before getting Billie from work. MOO

Why did they keep showing old pictures of Hailey when she was very young on NG's show? I'm assuming that the family gave those pictures to NG. If the public is supposed to be looking for Hailey, then what good is a picture of her at 5-years-old going to do? Did they only take a couple of pictures of Hailey in the past year or two?

I think the theory is that showing pictures of the abducted person as a small child might create empathy in the abductor.

I'm posting my thoughts here again (which I had posted on the previous thread shortly before the NG program) because I feel even more strongly about this after BD's interview on NG tonight.

At this point, I'm skeptical of BD's direct involvement in HD's disappearance.

What I am NOT skeptical about is BD's direct involvement in putting her children @ risk by bringing this man into her life & into her home - especially after the Feb. 2010 incident where SA threatened her life & her little girl's life. If that wasn't a wake-up call to her, then she's obviously in need of professional help.

I suspect BD lives in a constant state of deep denial concerning many things, not the least of which is the impact her alleged lifestyle & choice of lover has potentially had on her children's health & safety.

I also suspect the Feb. 2010 domestic violence incident may not have been an isolated incident. But that is my opinion, based on my experience. IMO, it's highly possible there may have been other incidents that were not reported.

IMO, BD has the mind-set of a victim - and, according to everything I've studied over the past 16 years, makes her a prime target for a predator, which I believe SA to be, based on what has been learned thus far about him.

It's my opinion that SA sought a relationship with BD for the sole reason of acting out a sick murder fantasy (one that he'd been nurturing at least as far back as 2005 when he posted that comment on the MM site). I think he sought a relationship with BD in order to gain access to HD.

I hope I'm proven wrong on that count.

It's my hope & prayer that HD is miraculously found alive & soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea