TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not see a 13 year old girl (per story) going to spend the night at a friends house without taking anything at all.....I have dealt with alot of 13 yr old girls and when going to a sleep over just for one night they all packed a bag like they would be gone a week. MOO

Exactly. I have raised four girls; we have had our fair share plus some of sleepovers - here and them at others. you would think they were going on vacation by the way they pack for an overnight!

I have a sister who has mental issues, which I wont elaborate on, but explains her running away often as a teen. She never/not one time ran away, without taking stuff with her. She always took a duffel bag of clothes, makeup, and cash, and even a couple small favorite snapshots that she kept in a billfold. (I asked he about this)

As much as I hope Hailey ran away, in my heart, I dont think so.

WHY is he smiling? He doesn't appear saddened whatsoever in the pictures there. If you ask me, its more of a smirk. IMOHO

I do agree!

One other thing I noticed in the one interview he is absolutely staring. He is conscious of trying not to look around and/or blink. IMO

WHY is he smiling? He doesn't appear saddened whatsoever in the pictures there. If you ask me, its more of a smirk. IMOHO

Make the videos large,he is very very nervous,keeps swallowing.Maybe he all of a sudden got camera shy. ;)

If the link comes p with **************** it is not allowed.

Make the videos large,he is very very nervous,keeps swallowing.Maybe he all of a sudden got camera shy. ;)

I noticed the swallowing part. I also notice him chewing the side of his mouth. I do that when I am stressed or nervous.

That's a good question.

We've been told that her ITouch was "missing" a few days before Christmas and that BD was not sure if HD ever found it before she went missing. We've also been told it was broken and if that's the case LE should have it. NG also called it a "knock-off" so we're not sure if it really was a true ITouch. She also pretty much dismissed it which I don't understand. Not sure what the truth is here. :waitasec:

One thing we do know is that she posted on her FB on the 22nd with either an ITouch or IPhone. We just don't know if it belonged to her I guess.

We have also heard that she got a new IPod for Christmas this year. Not sure if it was a new ITouch or just an MP3 player. MP3 players do have cameras and considering that HD already owned an ITouch, she would have had no problem with the camera if she got a new one this Christmas. It was probably an IPod MP3 player that she got this year.

Oh geesh,I forgot about that of the Ipod being missing a few days before Christmas and Hailey didn't know where it was.Then it was broken,I don't know.

I think it matters that the clothing description is as complete as possible...in case someone runs across a t-shirt, or a pair of sweats in a field, or woods or someplace...if the brand names were included in posters, they might be recalled by the finder, and not overlooked, for example...anyway, it can only help to have as accurate a description as possible of what she was wearing.

Am I imagining things - I thought BD said on NG she met SA 2 years ago & he moved in 4 months ago...now SA is saying he's known Hailey for 3 years...did I hear that right - 3 years?

Just trying to keep facts straight in my own head if y'all can help.

Honestly looking at him talk on those interviews,if we hadn't seen the youtube videos,you wouldn't know it was the same person.

Am I imagining things - I thought BD said on NG she met SA 2 years ago & he moved in 4 months ago...now SA is saying he's known Hailey for 3 years...did I hear that right - 3 years?

Just trying to keep facts straight in my own head if y'all can help.

IIRC, it was stated on Nancy Grace that BD had known SA for 2.5 years before she moved him in. So, it would be almost 3 years that SA and BD were together.

I can not see a 13 year old girl (per story) going to spend the night at a friends house without taking anything at all.....I have dealt with alot of 13 yr old girls and when going to a sleep over just for one night they all packed a bag like they would be gone a week. MOO

Mine doesnt bother taking stuff. Maybe she will sometimes but it is not a given. Most of the time the only place she takes tons of stuff is her dads and that is because she gets bored there.

Like Hailey my daughter is a daddys girl and spends alot of time going to and from her dads. She does take a gym bag there but I have never seen it go anywhere else with her. All the neighborhood kids she hangs with flow in and out without alot of baggage either. Thursday night I even had to dish out Sweats for 2 girls because they didnt bring a thing. Not sure if they planned on staying or just decided to.

I woud have a hard time to try and locate all her shoes and stuff to firgure out what she did take and then going into my stuff so see if she had anything of mine. Guessing what she put on after I left for work would be a nightmare. Did she toss on the jeans she had on yesterday? The t shirt she slept in ? The one that I had in the bathroom ?? Pure hell I asure you.

Yeah They would probably say "nothing was missing" and she really could have taken a laundry basket full. Because I wouldnt be able to confirm if something was missing that I might of forgot about. I am always finding clothes I forgot she had. So is she.

If I could not find my kid I would not assume she took something or not. I would be scared to come to my own conclusions I would offer up what I know but whatever I suspected I would keep to myself in case I was wrong. My daughters life ,and safty depends on the correct information going to LE

I would not want to misleaad them with things like "I suspect a green shirt is missing"

And she is not unlike the other 13 yr olds in my family or the ones who are now in college,married and grown.

I noticed the swallowing part. I also notice him chewing the side of his mouth. I do that when I am stressed or nervous.

If you watch with the sound off, he seems to be breathing hard. Also, he has the "3 white sides of the eyes", you can see white under his irises.

someone said that BD was wearing a slipknot shirt in a photo or video somewhere - i cant dare to trawl back and look for the link...

IMO mind - i wonder if BD was into bands like that before she met SA? why would a 33y woman be wearing a slipknot shirt in the media whilst talking about her missing child? its a bit odd to me, knowing that all members of slipknot wear horror type masks and are quite a heavy band, i know you wouldnt be thinking "what do the public want me to wear?" in that situation, but you'd at least consider to wear a find my child shirt or something neutral and non logo'd?

im getting somewhere hang on.....what if its SA's shirt?! im sure many of us ladies have had a shirt or a tshirt or a sweater from a man we are enamoured with at some point in our lives, its pretty common isnt it? maybe she put it on hoping he'd see her wearing it in the press or on tv, like a show of unity?!?! this is my wild opinion only! (im not totally convinced BD had anything to do with anything ATM, so maybe its nothing. im still perching on that fence.)

Sorry to jump off of your post, but I just wanted to add, my DH is a huge fan of slipknot, and has many shirts, he probably would not even think about what he was wearing at a time like this. I at times (like teacher conference and such) have to remind him what his tshirt says, and how it is inappropiate. ( some aren't bands, just sayings and such) JMO, I am on the fence on everything on this case, and had to get that out there;)

First off WinterRose...excellent find!

Everyone should really take the time to watch these....wow, just wow!

He is obviously nervous and trying really hard not to appear nervous. He is staring, trying not to blink, his head is almost going in circles b/c he's trying not to subconciously shake it in the "no" position, he is trying to calm himself down by laboring his breathing, his ears and chest start to pink up.....I need to go back and watch them several times.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331907

Reported by: Laura Kellerman and Priscilla Luong
Sunday, January 16 2011

Abilene, TX—Shawn Adkins, who has been named a suspect in the disappearance of His girlfriend's daughter, Hailey Dunn, isn't saying much lately to the media or to investigators.

But KTAB's Priscilla Luong interviewed him together with Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, on Jan. 3 and Jan. 4, after the 13-year-old had been missing for seven or eight days.

Watch the raw interviews at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member