TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing on the first video...

Interviewer: Ok Shawn, your relationship with Hailey....

SA: I'm just her friend...um, I'm her mother's boyfriend.

Interviewer: Anything else you want to tell me?

SA: I just hope she makes it home safe and sound. (**All the while his head is steadily shaking back and forth saying no!**)

Funny. I misread this to say..."Especially if he can recall a red herring."

Okay, I changed it just for you... :)

(OT: reminds me of 'everyoneneedsavoice'. For the longest time, I thought it 'everyoneneedsadvice'.... :D)

Sorry to jump off of your post, but I just wanted to add, my DH is a huge fan of slipknot, and has many shirts, he probably would not even think about what he was wearing at a time like this. I at times (like teacher conference and such) have to remind him what his tshirt says, and how it is inappropiate. ( some aren't bands, just sayings and such) JMO, I am on the fence on everything on this case, and had to get that out there;)

agree here too! im so confused by everything going on, i try really hard to not come to conclusions in my head! i usually ask my boyfriend what he thinks and i think he now thinks im mad. im finding it helps to just write out the random thoughts (not all of them...:crazy:) that im having and then let someone else put a different perspective on them! TY

as for the video - i watched the first one then had to get my BF to watch it with me as i noticed the eye thing - at first i said "oh, look, he keeps great eye contact!" then as it went on i thought oh....he's staring?! then i found myself counting every time he blinked as it was so few times!

agree. when i was about 7 i "ran away" because my mum shouted too much, and even then i packed my ballet shoe case with a jumper, some shoes and my favourite doll, amy. and i only made it to my friends house and forgot about running away by teatime. even at 7, and without knowlege of what running away was i still packed my bag!

My brother and I "ran away" when we were about 6 and 7. We definitely packed some belongings and headed to the woods near our house. It got close to dinner time and he said he was hungry and wanted to go home. We didn't think to bring food, but I brought my favorite doll! My mother was furious with us. Oy! Fortunately, nothing happened to us in those woods.

I can't see any girl going for an overnight without bringing something, even if it's just her coat in winter. Now if she were already visiting at the friend's house and they decided that night to have a sleepover, sure, she probably wouldn't go home to get additional things.

I just don't see how this girl left with nothing, not even a jacket!

Am I imagining things - I thought BD said on NG she met SA 2 years ago & he moved in 4 months ago...now SA is saying he's known Hailey for 3 years...did I hear that right - 3 years?

Just trying to keep facts straight in my own head if y'all can help.

yes and she said they talked on the phone for 2.5 months before they even met. Given the fact they lived only miles apart and what's transpired, I have a very hard time believing her timeline on the relationship (or anything else she says).

IIRC, it was stated on Nancy Grace that BD had known SA for 2.5 years before she moved him in. So, it would be almost 3 years that SA and BD were together.

didn't grandma say on NG that Hailey was 11 when she (HD) told her that SA used to stand at her door at night?

Regardless of when he "officially" moved in, he was probably staying there from the get go.

Am I imagining things - I thought BD said on NG she met SA 2 years ago & he moved in 4 months ago...now SA is saying he's known Hailey for 3 years...did I hear that right - 3 years?

Just trying to keep facts straight in my own head if y'all can help.

In my head, I thought they met 3 years ago.... I think NG said one time it was 2 years, but other places have said 3 years. Sorry, I dont have a link handy.

I cannot see a 13 year old, from small town America, running away to beginwith, unless of course the family was very dysfunctional. But, if a 13 year old did run-away, I cannot fathom one leaving with out a few items at the very least. A coat, some cash, a cell phone or ipod, real shoes (not flip flops!), and at least a couple changes of clothing thrown into a backpack.

You just never know. Look at Devon K. She was gone for several weeks and IIRC, she didn't take anything with her... just went to school and didn't return. There were some differences in that case, but it does happen if a kid wants to be gone badly enough and an opportunity presents itself.

However, I do not think that is what happened here. There are too many lies and too much hinkiness concerning BD and SA.

SA said about Hailey.............
"I love her with all my heart and I believe she loves me with all her heart,"
I highly doubt that sentence!!

I agree 100% with you....

Here's my opinion on that statement...

It appears to me that S wants to give the impression that H and him were on good terms..and that they both had "good feelings" for each other...

We know that was not the case....She was afraid of him, etc...

H is not here to respond to that statement....and he KNOWS it....
He knows she is not going to show up..and deny it....

IMO...he is going to "paint" a picture that they had a great relationship...

IMO...On the other hand...him admitting he "loves her"....can show...that he had an attraction to her....and the opportunity/time wise/phone pings...to be alone with her....

this is just my opinion...and my 2 cents

Sounds like he was infatuated with her.....

I agree. I have this feeling that he was sexually attracted to HD, and that her grandmother's claims about him lurking outside her bedroom door were accurate. Here's another thought that's crossed my mind several times, that some of you may think is pretty wild. Take a hard look at BD. If you didn't know otherwise, you might guess that she is HD's older sister. It's hard to believe she's 33 - she's just sooooo young looking. Maybe SA is really attracted to the young ones...

someone said that BD was wearing a slipknot shirt in a photo or video somewhere - i cant dare to trawl back and look for the link...

IMO mind - i wonder if BD was into bands like that before she met SA? why would a 33y woman be wearing a slipknot shirt in the media whilst talking about her missing child? its a bit odd to me, knowing that all members of slipknot wear horror type masks and are quite a heavy band, i know you wouldnt be thinking "what do the public want me to wear?" in that situation, but you'd at least consider to wear a find my child shirt or something neutral and non logo'd?

im getting somewhere hang on.....what if its SA's shirt?! im sure many of us ladies have had a shirt or a tshirt or a sweater from a man we are enamoured with at some point in our lives, its pretty common isnt it? maybe she put it on hoping he'd see her wearing it in the press or on tv, like a show of unity?!?! this is my wild opinion only! (im not totally convinced BD had anything to do with anything ATM, so maybe its nothing. im still perching on that fence.)

Hi els.. You've got company cuz I'm perched firmly on this damn fence as well.. And I completely understand where your thoughts are about the slipknot tee.. And IMO it doesn't make Billie guilty of being involved in what happened to Hailey{but my gut instinct has NOT YET ONCE waivered from SA being responsible for Hailey's "disppearance"}..

My thoughts are similar to yours concerning Slipknot tee.. I began thinking that MAYBE the choice of t-shirts was similar to what you mentioned..but moreso as a way of letting him know she still cares.loves him..some pt about a week ago when she donned the "My Chemical Romance" tee and there was one other that I can't think of at the moment..

Sure she may just personally love and adore these bands, but just as Clint stated last week the 20 yrs he's known Billie she was never into the horror genre[movies, music, etc}, nor true-crime follower..thats what has led me to think that most likely it was SA that brought these particular genres into Billie's life..and sure she wouldn't bethe first female to take up liking/supporting whatever it was that the man in her life was into{I have a close friend that drives me nuts, as with each new man comes each new NFL team that she suddenly becomes a "die hard fan", over the top fan..at this point we all just roll our eyes at her..lol}..

So, I am getting what your saying concerning the slipknot tee, but see it that "IF" there is a cause/reason for her choosing to wear specific tees such as Slipknot, My Chemical Romance, etc that it would be more of a sign that she loves/cares deeply for SA..

The shirt deal in the grand scheme of things is minor, if relevant at all{and only 2 ppl are the ones that know that for sure}but it is an interesting thing to look at..and that is what we do here is pretty much go over any/all details trying to figure out what/why but most importantly how to find Hailey and bring her home...

For now, as I said I am firmly perched on the fence..Glad to know I've got company :)

Did you see the part where he is shaking his hid no, when he is say he wants Haley to come home safely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike