TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know more about the supposed narcotics, because in my mind there IS a huge difference between marijuana and meth, for example.... I have never heard a horror story about a mother trading her daughter to a drug dealer for pot, for example....

I am inclined to give Billie the benefit of the doubt on this topic until more information surfaces. Thinking of this case reminded me of an incident in college when I had scrounged some quarters from my boyfriend's laundry coin stash to buy cigarettes-- I didn't think he would mind, as I wouldn't have minded had he done the same while staying at my place. Except he did mind, and it turned out to be an "issue".
We broke up sometime after that, I can't recall if that incident played a part, but I took some time off of school and returned several months later. While reconnecting with an old friend she had to ask me about a disturbing rumor she'd heard while I was away, namely that I had stolen money from said boyfriend to buy drugs......

While I must say that was TECHNICALLY true, given that nicotine is a drug and laundry quarters ARE money, and I took his quarters without permission, which IS stealing, that interpretation of the event was a far cry from the truth of the matter, and that interpretation left several people who heard that version of events with a very different opinion of me than a more detailed account would have, KWIM?

Looks as if it is live tonight, Monday 17th, 2011;

Breaking now -- cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn. Have investigators found the missing teen cheerleader's remains? Nancy Grace live on the scene at 8 pm ET only on HLN.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/
I wish we could verify this. This sounds like "old" news from the end of last week and then on Saturday (I think) it was reported the landfill search was over and they didn't find anything. So is this new news? Or just reporting old news?

respectfully snipped from the last thread, OP Salem:

"Again CZ - I appreciate your heart and admire you for tenacity but I have to say that the affidavit clearly says that SA threatened the lives of BD & HD and that SA admitted that he had done so. At this point, knowing that LE will have a paper trail and that LE can not openly lie in a sworn affidavit, I have to go with what LE told the judge.

I know it can be embarrassing to admit to domestic violence in your home and there is a certain amount of shame associated with such disturbances, but I really question BD's response to YOU, her friend. A friend that is standing by her and doing everything she can to help. And, I'm sorry to say that if BD can tell you stories like this, I have to wonder what she is telling LE. This was a documented incident, not just some rumor that is floating around. Does BD not understand, that if you wanted to, you could, at a minimum, ask for the incident report on the 911 call? (At least in CA you can ask for any incident report from LE and they have to give it to you).

I'm going to leave this alone now. I am just amazed at BD's trying to sweep this under the rug.

Salem"

Again, I appreciate your honesty with me... however, I must continue this debate just a little bit more.

As far as the affidavits are concerned, I am not the only one who have noticed several things that I am just going to call 'off'....

First, is the fact that LE outright called Billie a liar, and told any MSM that would listen that they had NOT told her she had failed her poly. In the affidavit, it clearly states that: "Following the polygraph examination, DUNN was given an opportunity to explain her results of the polygraph examination and DUNN could not explain why she failed the polygraph examination."

The sentence before this, which is clear as mud to me, could be construed in one of two ways, IMO - either that Billie was told that SA failed, or the affidavit just simply contains errors: "On the second attempt to conduct a polygraph examination of DUNN, she did consent to the polygraph and the results of the examination was deception indicated, meaning that ATKINS failed the polygraph examination on the relevant questions of the participation in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn."

So, LE, in their own statement, have at the very least sworn that they told Billie she failed, and also either told her SA failed also, or just plain messed up and put ATKINS where they meant DUNN.

Then of course it the NYE 'party'. It was simply a gathering of Billie's family around her during a difficult time. But, the affidavit states that: "Information was also obtained that ATKINS and Billie DUNN hosted a New Years Eve party at their home after Hailey DUNN had been reported missing. ADKINS downplayed the 'party' stating they just had a few friends over to the house to have drinks on New Years Eve."

Where was the information obtained? Only by SA? I feel quite sure that LE must have interviewed the people who were with Billie that night.... I wonder if anyone else considered it a 'party'? Because we know that Billie did not.

Which brings me back around to the Feb. 2010 incident. I am fully aware that there is a log of all calls coming in, that includes at least the date, time, address, at least one party involved, and type of call. I am also quite sure that LE looked back as far as they were able to ascertain how many times they had been called to Billie's house. If there were no charges or report filed, then LE only has the small bit of info in the call log to go on.
So, it is very possible that all LE saw recently was "2/??/2010, 00:00?m, 1804 Chestnut, B.Dunn, domestic", or something to that effect. And, again, JMO, this is all LE has.

Now, in my mind (and JMO), LE questioned SA about this in their investigation of Hailey's disappearance. And he brought up (or admitted after being questioned more than once about this incident) that he threatened both Billie's and Hailey's lives. I think this for a couple of reasons - one being that this incident is wedged in between LE looking at SA's phone and then SA's defamation of Hailey's character. Also is the wording of this particular paragraph... it just could be interpreted more than one way. Another is because, as many people here have pointed out, he just seems to get a kick out of lying and misleading LE.

Then, there is the 'illegal narcotic' issue. After everything else in the affidavits, why would anyone believe this in particular. Personally, I find it hard to believe that anyone would admit to buying illegal narcotics from someone to LE just out of the blue. Yes, LE may have questioned Billie about the ATM withdrawals, but still, it's not like LE had any evidence or proof, or even an idea (that I would think) about that. I don't really believe that some random 'dealer' would have called the tip line to say 'Hey, I sold Hailey's mom drugs the day she went missing'. So, in my mind anyway, I am wondering why in the world would Billie say this? And if LE has already 'stretched the truth' in the affidavits, why not just go ahead and go all out?
Again, this is just debating, I am not calling LE liars.

Again Salem, I mean no disrespect at all..... in fact, I have come to appreciate your honesty and integrity, which is why I would like to continue this little back and forth. I am actually looking forward to your thoughts on this. I am not able to keep up with the threads very well anymore (as you can see since I am just now responding to your post where I am), so if you could shoot me a PM with the thread and post #, that would be great. :) Thanks.

I will ask my son who is LE, but I am pretty sure that requests for search warrants, do NOT have to be based on 100% fact... they can and often do contain LE's perception of facts... and we all know that sometimes their perceptions are not always correct. Just because they are "sworn affadavits" does not mean a thing. They are swearing to what they BELIEVE to be facts... and they could be wrong.

I also know that LE is not above twisting facts to get what they want. The affadavits clearly state that "due to information they received..." that the two hosted a NYE party... now, who gave them that information? Probably a neighbor. LE was not there, they do not KNOW that it was a party, they are basing that on a tip they received.

If people are basing their beliefs on what is in these affadavits and thinking that they are actual evidence, then they may be in for a shock. LE is allowed a LOT of leeway when it comes to investigations and a judge very often just skims over these papers and signs them without even reading them thoroughly.

It's interesting really...I've heard that she can't possibly be involved in any way because she is pretty, she is soft spoken, she doesn't seem to be that kind of person, a mom couldn't do something like this, she went on NG when she didn't have to (as have many guilty parties) etc..and every lie she has been caught in justified in some manner. It may turn out that she didn't have anything to do with her daughter's disappearance and I truly hope that is the case, but it won't be because of any of the reasons above I don't believe..:waitasec:..but sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees. I don't want to see her 'fall apart' but it sure would make me feel a little more positive if she had taken any of the opportunities that were met with silence to speak to Hailey or plea for her return...

Two words: Scott Peterson. Whether or not he actually did the deed, he was convicted. Why? Because he lied again and again about everything.

Two more words: Casey Anthony. Lied and lied again.

I just received the same update about the landfill on FB, but cannot confirm if new or old news.

Breaking NEWS: According to HLN, cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn. Nancy Grace will be covering this tonight.

I just sent an email to the show and asked them if this was OLD info from last Friday/Saturday. I think it is. Her show doesn't air a "new" show on Friday's. It's pre-recorded from earlier in the week. I wish they wouldn't post this BIG BREAKING NEWS, when she's just behind. I'm sure I won't hear back from them, but I wanted to let them know they shouldn't be falsely alerting the public when it's really just old news.

I'm starting to feel this same way--I REALLY want to believe her--her daughter's gone, for God's sake--but she does seem to be trying to just go through the motions of what would make her look like she had nothing to do with it or doesn't know anything. I don't know what to think--maybe her drug use has really affected her mind more than you would think, or maybe she subconciously knows he's guilty, and is trying as hard as she can to not fully realize this so she won't feel overwhelmed with guilt for bringing him into the house.

What puzzles me is why someone who was still young and fairly good-looking would want someone as obviously maladjusted as this kid is--yeah, it may be nice to have a younger boyfriend (my husband and I are the same difference in age as SA and BD are), but goodness, I'm sure she could have done MUCH better than him!!!

and we have to remember too that their hobby was reading and learning about serial killers. How much you wanna bet that just like us they have followed cases on forums and such..who knows, maybe even here for all we know! :eek:..They would KNOW how they would be expected to act and how important it would be to appear on shows like NG, etc..It seems SA also knew how to keep his phone from pinging at one point. Most people think that you can just cut the phone off..SA obviously knew better than that..

BD just doesn't seem that drugged to me..just that flat affect..I wish I could chalk it up to tranquilizers!

Two words: Scott Peterson. Whether or not he actually did the deed, he was convicted. Why? Because he lied again and again about everything.

Two more words: Casey Anthony. Lied and lied again.

There was evidence to prove that Scott Peterson and KC lied. Affidavits are not evidence.

I just sent an email to the show and asked them if this was OLD info from last Friday/Saturday. I think it is. Her show doesn't air a "new" show on Friday's. It's pre-recorded from earlier in the week. I wish they wouldn't post this BIG BREAKING NEWS, when she's just behind. I'm sure I won't hear back from them, but I wanted to let them know they shouldn't be falsely alerting the public when it's really just old news.

Thank you Nandee.. I am going to do the same thing. There's enough bad stuff going around without getting everyone's hopes up. This really burns me up if that is in fact the case. :furious:

So I was thinking last night while tossing and turning and fighting the urge to come back on here.......Notice when told SA failed his poly, she said she lost faith in the TEST, not SA.

I'm betting NG is just late........AGAIN.

I can't ever remember a time that she announced something REALLY important 24 hrs before showtime..and it really turn out to be something new..not once that I recall..

I can't ever remember a time that she announced something REALLY important 24 hrs before showtime..and it really turn out to be something new..not once that I recall..

lol, nope, the only time IRC was by accident. She was covering ICA and while talking to the producer on the ground, they pulled up to arrest her.......:floorlaugh:

So I was thinking last night while tossing and turning and fighting the urge to come back on here.......Notice when told SA failed his poly, she said she lost faith in the TEST, not SA.

Well of course..because she failed too!!! It always struck me as odd that she said she told him to leave BECAUSE he failed his poly when she did too..Not that she shouldn't have told him to leave..just wondering how she squared that reason in her mind...

Well if she ever does, that WOULD be a bombshell, now wouldn't it?

I am glad NG is still keeping Hailey's disappearance in the news, though.

and we have to remember too that their hobby was reading and learning about serial killers. How much you wanna bet that just like us they have followed cases on forums and such..who knows, maybe even here for all we know! :eek:..They would KNOW how they would be expected to act and how important it would be to appear on shows like NG, etc..It seems SA also knew how to keep his phone from pinging at one point. Most people think that you can just cut the phone off..SA obviously knew better than that..

BD just doesn't seem that drugged to me..just that flat affect..I wish I could chalk it up to tranquilizers!

BBM - I don't think this was done by SA on purpose. I think SA was in an area that had no service, thus no pings. He was in this area for 2 hours or so? I would be more inclined to believe this is where a search for Hailey should begin considering he has stated he was at 2 other places and his cell does ping those areas....JMO.

I wish we could verify this. This sounds like "old" news from the end of last week and then on Saturday (I think) it was reported the landfill search was over and they didn't find anything. So is this new news? Or just reporting old news?

I have a strong tendency to think it's old news. NG seems to have tendency to "get behind" over the weekends. Ive looked online; not finding anything at all about a new landfill search. If it was current, the local news there would have it posted already, Im sure.

But she SAYS she failed hers because she was upset about him failing his...so what was his excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member