TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google "cadaver dogs" and all I get are a lot of hits of a band by that name-takes a while to start finding links to real cadaver dogs...:(

One of the experts here (thank you Sarx) informed me early on that the proper term is HRD dogs. Try that for your search - Im sure you'll find it very helpful.

I don't believe she left on her own accord. I do believe someone totally unrelated to her daily life may have taken the opportunity to steal her from her loved ones.
Just had a thought... I wonder if the kids came and went as they pleased... Thought it was possible that Hailey really did leave her house on her own accord and no one knew when or where and to save face, the story was created that she was going to a friend's house.

I could almost buy that except for the pings on SA's phone............why did he go back to C City, and then lie about that?

This is my first posting but have been following/reading from day 1. I don't think Billie should be out searching, but I do feel she could go out & show her support to the ones that are searching. I can't imagine what she is going through (whether she is guilty or not) & hope I never have to with my kids, grand-kids or anyone. MOO

I don't believe she left on her own accord. I do believe someone totally unrelated to her daily life may have taken the opportunity to steal her from her loved ones.
Just had a thought... I wonder if the kids came and went as they pleased... Thought it was possible that Hailey really did leave her house on her own accord and no one knew when or where and to save face, the story was created that she was going to a friend's house.

Isn't it true that all the things that she would take with her remained in the home? That's what really seals it for me. Her jacket, her music, her shoes... :(

This is my first posting but have been following/reading from day 1. I don't think Billie should be out searching, but I do feel she could go out & show her support to the ones that are searching. I can't imagine what she is going through (whether she is guilty or not) & hope I never have to with my kids, grand-kids or anyone. MOO

:wagon:

I could almost buy that except for the pings on SA's phone............why did he go back to C City, and then lie about that?

and WHY did he drive all the way to work to buy a dr pepper and go back to CCity

Why did SA's phone ping in CC/why was he there and why did he leave work? And what did he do on Tuesday, December 28th?

That's all, those answers would make me happy for now.

He could have been stoned in bed all day with no knowledge of anything going on in the house.

Not necessarily. Most dogs used in search and rescue have been cross trained. Cadaver dogs are generally tracking dogs (dogs trained to detect a specific human scent) that have been cross trained to detect decomposing human bodies. There is a different name for a dog trained specifically to detect human decomposition. But even those dogs will occasionally hit on human blood or tissue not associated with decomposition.

I'm in no way an expert on this topic, but it's been discussed here often enough that I've done some research. Let me see if I can find a link.

No, no no no. While it's possible for SAR dogs to be cross trained, it's not "most" of them at all. HRD dogs (what you are calling cadaver) are rarely (if ever) tracking dogs. They do not hit on live tissue or blood.
One of your K9 experts could give more details, but this much I am sure of.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125709"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Why did SA's phone ping in CC/why was he there and why did he leave work? And what did he do on Tuesday, December 28th?

That's all, those answers would make me happy for now.

those are the 1,000,000.00 questions

Yep, I really want to know about that Tuesday. And the longer we go without hearing ANYONE address it......well, just convinces me more that they are both involved. IMOIMOIMOIMOIMO.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333546

"Mikkilineni reported officers don't believe someone intentionally dumped a body in the trash."

BBM
...UNintentionally perhaps??? Just wondering if they might be choosing their words very carefully.

I guess if a body was put in someone else's trash on the same street, you might choose "unintentionally". I thought that was an odd word to use, also.

He could have been stoned in bed all day with no knowledge of anything going on in the house.

Well for Haileys and Billies sake I sure hope thats what he was doing...
but I doubt it

But his phone was moving around, so I think that would point to him moving around........

I'm not saying she ran away... But it is possible she was taken outside of the home. I realize that it's not likely... Just possible.

I didn't listen to the show, but about the comment that he "doesn't believe someone intentionally put a dead body in the trash" could be similar to Casey Anthony who may not have intentionally wanted the decomp in her trunk. Maybe he is thinking that part of the fluids or something in the trash got there unintentionally. Then again, he could have been snarky and meant that a dead body is not is what is supposed to found in the trash and not something that people intentionally throw out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA