TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too... I am still trying to figure out what BBM & MOO means. LOL

I don't know if any teenage mom could afford to have a phone if they didn't offer monthly/unlimited. And she has 2.

LOL

BBM= bolded by me

MOO= my own opinion

Here's a list / thread for WS Lingo / Dictionary -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5679344&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NEW Websleuths Lingo[/ame]

From the looks of her friends... they don't look like the type.

BO said on NG that she recently learned Hailey had a 13 year old BF for 3 weeks so it doesn't appear she was hanging out with an older crowd.

Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey’s father, Clint Dunn, have said several times that they do not believe their daughter ran away.

“She’s got friends, she’s got everything she wants,” Clint Dunn said regarding Hailey’s home life. “Somebody’s got my baby.”

Clint Dunn said he does not believe family members are involved in this case.

He said he believes the person responsible is not nearby, and that as soon as he gets his vehicle running, he will hit the interstate to look for Hailey himself.

“I just pace the floors, walking back and forth to look out that window,” he said. “But I’m getting tired of waiting on a phone call with some information. It’s the scariest feeling. I’m helpless.”

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

There are also some interesting comments about Snyder, posted about 2-3 hours ago. (I don't want to bring the content over here b/c these FB comments are often unfounded).

i will be involved with that search but, I was under the impression that we were going to meet and go TO CCity to search. not sure now...

I am somewhat confused on what can be the difference between an old trail vs. a fresh/most recent trail. :waitasec: What distinguishes that to a dog?

Good question.
A trailing dog will follow the "scent" of a person that is cast of their body (which is made up of skin cells (think micro dandruff) that are being shed off, gases, oils and a whole multitude of other things) These micro particles leave a "trail" as a person walks. When a person stops, they "pool" or become thicker/more concentrated. When a person runs, they become more dispersed.

So, a fresh scent means a trail that has recently been left. In other words it is from someone who has recently walked/ran/crawled/etc that path, minutes to hours old.

An aged or older trail is going to be one that has been there for a day, to days, to weeks.

Scent does different things depending on how long it has been there. When a scent trail is "fresh" it is still up in the air, it is in a tighter "trail" because it hasn't had time to settle or be affected by the elements. As time goes by the scent disperses a bit, making a wider but thinner trail, it pools and hangs around vegetation, curbs, barriers.

Weather plays a huge part too, hot, cold, damp, dry, torrential rains, winds.... all are going to impact a trail.

Does that help?

Temperature,

I am heading to bed. I haven't been about to sleep very good in the last week in a half. I pray that things come to light by morning. Please continue to pray for our little town and our little HD. Lord, please bring her home.

On Jan. 4, television personality Nancy Grace discussed Hailey’s disappearance on her CNN Headline News show. Kampfer called the program “sensational and inaccurate.”He said that although Grace reported that bloodhounds had been used by police to track Hailey to a nearby motel, that was not the case.

“It is inaccurate that dogs traced the scent to the hotel,” he said. “Dogs showed activity at the hotel, which could have been a number of things. It’s not evidentiary.”

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

So that clears up the mystery of what he'd said before about NG's inaccuracies....and I bet she got that info from that San Antonio reporter.

I couldn't figure out why HLN had him on reporting about Jonathan in *Houston*....just as I was scratching my head as to why he was on talking about Hailey's case....ya'd think they would want someone closer to the sources.

i will be involved with that search but, I was under the impression that we were going to meet and go TO CCity to search. not sure now...

I am under the impression that they are searching in Snyder. To look at places they think that SA would have taken her. IMO

If you are going to be involved in searching, please take a look at this site, it has a lot of valuable information as well as downloadable and printable sheets for running an effective search.

www.4themissing.net

Good question.
A trailing dog will follow the "scent" of a person that is cast of their body (which is made up of skin cells (think micro dandruff) that are being shed off, gases, oils and a whole multitude of other things) These micro particles leave a "trail" as a person walks. When a person stops, they "pool" or become thicker/more concentrated. When a person runs, they become more dispersed.

So, a fresh scent means a trail that has recently been left. In other words it is from someone who has recently walked/ran/crawled/etc that path, minutes to hours old.

An aged or older trail is going to be one that has been there for a day, to days, to weeks.

Scent does different things depending on how long it has been there. When a scent trail is "fresh" it is still up in the air, it is in a tighter "trail" because it hasn't had time to settle or be affected by the elements. As time goes by the scent disperses a bit, making a wider but thinner trail, it pools and hangs around vegetation, curbs, barriers.

Weather plays a huge part too, hot, cold, damp, dry, torrential rains, winds.... all are going to impact a trail.

Does that help?

Temperature,

All I can say is Wow!!! I would like to know how the dog is able to determine for instance HD went to her Dad's, then to MB and then the motel? I understand they followed her trail but how do the dogs know she didn't start at the motel, go to MB's and end at her Dad's?

Billie Jean Dunn and Hailey’s father, Clint Dunn, have said several times that they do not believe their daughter ran away.

“She’s got friends, she’s got everything she wants,” Clint Dunn said regarding Hailey’s home life. “Somebody’s got my baby.”

Clint Dunn said he does not believe family members are involved in this case.

He said he believes the person responsible is not nearby, and that as soon as he gets his vehicle running, he will hit the interstate to look for Hailey himself.

“I just pace the floors, walking back and forth to look out that window,” he said. “But I’m getting tired of waiting on a phone call with some information. It’s the scariest feeling. I’m helpless.”

Interesting...from that updated article:

Although Billie Jean Dunn said she appreciated the media attention the case has received, Kampfer said it may have hindered the investigation.

On Jan. 4, television personality Nancy Grace discussed Hailey’s disappearance on her CNN Headline News show. Kampfer called the program “sensational and inaccurate.”

He said that although Grace reported that bloodhounds had been used by police to track Hailey to a nearby motel, that was not the case.

“It is inaccurate that dogs traced the scent to the hotel,” he said. “Dogs showed activity at the hotel, which could have been a number of things. It’s not evidentiary.”

Police were following leads Wednesday regarding information from evidence collected from the teen’s home and from the polygraph administered to Adkins.

And MOO - I think Nancy Grace was the best thing that happened to this case. Hinder my you know what...hinder is calling this angel a runaway with NO evidence. Just as Marc Klass stated today on his site...

http://pollydad.viviti.com/

So that clears up the mystery of what he'd said before about NG's inaccuracies....and I bet she got that info from that San Antonio reporter.

I couldn't figure out why HLN had him on reporting about Jonathan in *Houston*....just as I was scratching my head as to why he was on talking about Hailey's case....ya'd think they would want someone closer to the sources.

I was scratching my head to.

Well Im going to get some sleep

Prayers for the family.

Can someone point me the address of her place last seen? And any other pertinent addresses?

Good question.

Does that help?

Temperature,

It does!

Older trail spreads outward on ground as it settles? Fresher one more concentrated in a tighter close area.

So - much would depend on the dog handler reading dog's reactions or range of movement over a trail?

Can someone point me the address of her place last seen? And any other pertinent addresses?

Her mom's house: 1802 Chestnut Rd, Colorado City, TX

Interesting...from that updated article:

Although Billie Jean Dunn said she appreciated the media attention the case has received, Kampfer said it may have hindered the investigation.

On Jan. 4, television personality Nancy Grace discussed Hailey’s disappearance on her CNN Headline News show. Kampfer called the program “sensational and inaccurate.”

He said that although Grace reported that bloodhounds had been used by police to track Hailey to a nearby motel, that was not the case.

Police were following leads Wednesday regarding information from evidence collected from the teen’s home and from the polygraph administered to Adkins.

And MOO - I think Nancy Grace was the best thing that happened to this case. Hinder my you know what...hinder is calling this angel a runaway with NO evidence. Just as Marc Klass stated today on his site...

http://pollydad.viviti.com/

I agree, if there had not been the media blitz, she would have been in all likelihood still classified with the runaway stigma. It's amazing how fast things started to roll once the press started calling and questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member