Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe anyone has cross-referenced inmates name with those of any of the missing girls mentioned. I don't know how one would get access to those records? Do you know if it is possible?

Not just inmates... inmates who were executed. I believe someone mentioned that the particular facility she was heading to was the location for death row inmates.

Perhaps no one knew the deceased (at the prison where she was headed) because they'd already been executed... :confused:

Hi guys....just to update, haven't heard back from LE...will try emailing again. Also have a friend who is a homicide detective with the Harris County Sheriff's Department...going to contact him tomorrow and see if he can give me some direction or possibly make contact and get some answers for me. I would love to have a list of who has been ruled out, either by DNA or dental comparison. I'll keep you posted. And again, thank you so much for paying attention to this case, this girl just means so much to me, I don't know why, just one of "those" cases for me.

If I am reading this correctly, no inmates were executed at the time (1980) that Walker County, TX Jane Doe would have been visiting the prison. Death row was clear by March of 1973 and even though death row began filling up again by 1974, it looks like there wasn't any executions until 1982.

1964-1982: Moratorium

In 1964, judicial challenges to capital punishment resulted in a de facto moratorium on executions in the United States. On 29 June 1972, in Furman v. Georgia, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that every state death penalty law in the U.S. was unconstitutional because the death penalty was being unfairly and arbitrarily assigned. At that time, there were 52 men in Texas with death sentences. Governor Preston Smith commuted all of their sentences to life, and death row was clear by March 1973.

In 1973, Texas passed a new statue to standardize the way the death penalty was assessed. Juries quickly began imposing death sentences under the new statute, and death row began filling up again in 1974.

In 1977, Texas adopted lethal injection as its means of execution. The first lethal injection was given on 7 December 1982.

Source: http://www.txexecutions.org/history.asp

Not just inmates... inmates who were executed. I believe someone mentioned that the particular facility she was heading to was the location for death row inmates.

Perhaps no one knew the deceased (at the prison where she was headed) because they'd already been executed... :confused:

It would stand to reason that the prison isnt going to allow visitors at that time of night... So if they work in shifts (like most prisons), then the second shift should have been getting out at around 11pm. Now I see this going a few different ways...Either she never made it to the prison and was picked up as a hitchhiker who killed her. Or she did make it to the prison and did meet up with her unknown friend who then murdered her and dumped the body. It would be interesting to know how far away the prison was from the diner, and then where she was found in respect to both places. I wonder if anyone ever searched employment records to see if there was any connections.

I don't believe anyone has cross-referenced inmates name with those of any of the missing girls mentioned. I don't know how one would get access to those records? Do you know if it is possible?

You should be able to pull up a list of TX inmates on-line. I was doing a search for an inmate and I was able to pull up lists, that not only listed the name but also, location, sentence type, years sentenced, and a bunch of other info. Hope this helps.

Mel ~

I've been looking out for possible matches for this Jane Doe for a very long time, in part because of my interest in the I-45 corridor killings. I see that someone has already mentioned Rachel Garden - IMO, Rachel is the best match.

Similarities between Rachel Garden & our Doe:
-Nose. Someone mentioned Doe's ski jump. You can tell from the front view of Rachel Garden's nose that it is "perky" and likely a ski jump nose like the Doe's. Rachel's nose also looks like the reconstruction's nose from the front.
-The browbone & eye area/color are very similar.
-Rachel's age of 15 at the Jane Doe's TOD is also a great match.
-Both Rachel and Doe's ears are pierced.
-Same height. The weight is off, but we all know how that can fluctuate.
-Rachel's hair appears to have the same texture as the Doe's.
-They both have three fillings.

As for the wisdom teeth: I'm not sure what to make of it, honestly. There is no mention of Jane Doe's wisdom teeth at all, which leads me to think that perhaps they were removed like Rachel's?

This is really an exceptional match and I really think it should be submitted. It would be great if this poor Jane Doe could finally be given her name back, after nearly 30 years. :(

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bren...23198#/people/Brenda-Crowley-Selby/1802323198
I saw this lady on facebook to me she looks like Brenda Crowley what do you think?

Brenda's case here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/872dfny.html
Missing since March 1980 from Staten Island, Richmond County, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 5, 1963
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"- 5'6" (163-168 cm); 110 - 130 lbs. (50-59 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, straight hair; blue/green eyes that sometimes appears hazel. Brenda may wear glasses/contacts due to a slight cross in her left eye.
Marks, Scars: Brenda has a small scar on her nose, and has a slight cross in her left/right eye. She had a fractured arm when she was 5-6 years old.
Other: Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out.
Dentals: Not Available. Her teeth has some crowding.
DNA: Available in CODIS

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crowley lived with her mother in Staten Island, NY in 1980. The daughter of a mother who gave birth to eight children from three different men, Brenda had already disappeared from Curtis High School, which in February 1980 expelled her as AWOL, when she went missing. There was also an outstanding "PINS" (person in need of supervision) warrant issued for Brenda's arrest in Family Court. Her mother did not file a missing person's report with the police. On March 8, 1981, nearly a year after her 16-year-old daughter disappeared, Theresa Crowley was found strangled to death at a Castleton Corners intersection. The 40-year-old Stapleton woman was initially listed as an unidentified Jane Doe, until a Castleton Corners man whom Ms. Crowley knew from a bar pleaded guilty to attempted manslaughter and was sentenced to prison.
Crowley may have been placed in foster care. She has not been seen or heard from since March 1980.
On the Charley Project website, Brenda's sister, Teresa, says their father was incarcerated in 1980, mmmm, I have not been able to find out where he was imprisioned. Could it be that the mom told Brenda this and she set out to find him and hitch-hiked across country to do so?????

Here's the side by sides

Bump up for interest.

Ty! Bumping works. I just sent emails to everyone on our volunteer list from LTWH and asked them to check on cases listed in missing/uid forums in their states googlin' for updates and 'bump' if needed. We have seen cases go cold here and then with one bump get new attention!

Has Rachel Garden ever been ruled out?

Maybe this girl was headed to see someone who worked at the prison. Or the prison was just a direction landmark to the home she was actually headed too.

Just read through this thread this afternoon. God, poor baby.

So they showed her picture to inmates at the jail and no one claimed to know her? just a thought, but if she was underage maybe that would be reason enough for a man (especially one in prison) to deny knowing her. I mean, if you've already been in trouble with the law, it might not bode so well for you to admit you had some involvement with a young teenage girl.

The animal who did this sure did a number on this poor child. Sure glad to know people like that can sleep easy each night :mad::mad:

Hey guys, I am convinced that this is Paulette Jaster. If you go to this link and look down at all the pics, she has the SAME nose as the deceased!! I know she is older, but is the right height, the right eye color, and that nose! Perhaps with all the swelling by the eyes her scar, grey mark were not seen. She was seen in Mesa, AZ earlier that year too, and Mesa to Houston would have been I-10 straight east.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300620W

http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/PauletteJaster.html

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=225.0;topicseen

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/128416

She also went by the alias Paula Johnson, Paula Breck, Paulette Breck and Paula Lynn Sweet.

I have read that DNA has been entered for her, but NAMUS lists that there is no DNA, but there is dental.

Here is the UID dental info: https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=4630&=236&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

and Paulettes dental info:
https://www.findthemissing.org/photos/full/3698

Can someone with dental experience help me decipher this? From what I can understand, UID's #1 and 32 are missing, meaning that they were removed (impacted wisdoms, which would make UID possible older than 14?) #3 for both are fillings, as are 30. UID additionally has fillings on 31 and 18, where as Paulette has one on #19. I wonder if someone got 18 and 19 confused, and I wonder how old Paulettes dentals are and if she had more dental work done after this, which would account for the difference. It would be unusual for someone her age not to have wisdom teeth pulled.

I know nothing about dentals, so can't help there, but I think the resemblance is really good! Good find! The only potential discrepancy is the age, and those are often WAY OFF. I'd call it in and let LE take a closer look.

Thanks Noelle! Double check with Believe; I think she has been working with LE on this one.
I know nothing about dentals, so can't help there, but I think the resemblance is really good! Good find! The only potential discrepancy is the age, and those are often WAY OFF. I'd call it in and let LE take a closer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80