Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Noelle! Double check with Believe; I think she has been working with LE on this one.

Jules -- any update on this? I am also intrigued by the possibility of Paulette in spite of the age difference.... in the article about her, they said that when she began experiencing paranoia, she claimed that "Henry' was after her...and she may have been a victim of HLL?? whoa.

The Myspace for the victim is walker_county_jane_doe, I also created her a website today walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com. Please check it out and send suggestions or thought. I have contacted LE in WC, and he agreed this would a good idea. (the website)

The Myspace for the victim is walker_county_jane_doe, I also created her a website today walkercountyjanedoe1980.webs.com. Please check it out and send suggestions or thought. I have contacted LE in WC, and he agreed this would a good idea. (the website)

Can you give us a link to both sites please?

Wass ent this picture, I had not seen it before.. a frontal view of post mortem

Attachments

• Image2[1].JPG
    Image2[1].JPG
    41 KB · Views: 440
what's up with the 'fishing site'?

What do you mean??? I have had no trouble with the site, and have had over 200 hits in two days, and no one has reported any problems. I know if you try and go from MYSpace to the site, it says it COULD be a phishing site, but I have ran several scans and all are ok.. IF you have had problems please let me know

To Bump for WCJD

Also I was in Huntsville for three days this last week. I did not get near what I wanted accomplished. Most everything was closed with the holidays. Also there is so much construction on the interstate it is really hard to map. I have been working on the website, and waiting to hear back from some contacts I have made about this case. I have also contacted news agencys in the Rockport/Port Aransas Area hoping to get them to run a story on her. I still believe she said she was from that area for some reason. I did get a reply from one of the news manager with a maybe. I have also tried contacting people via MySpace that are about her age, from that area, so far nobody has replied. I know the possibilities of her being from there maybe unlikely, but I wanted to take the chance. I have enlisted the help of my daughter in this search also. Maybe one day we will know her name. As Lt Perkins told me finding her naem maybe the link they need to knowing who and why she was killed. Though my daughters theory on it makes sense.. she has convinced her self a trucker from the Hitchin Post picked her up and disposed of her.

Bump for Jane Doe...

Does anyone have the list from Walker County LE, of ruled out names. I spoke with Lt Perkins and he has not gotten the file back, but thinks several people online should have the names

I wonder if an inmate may not have recognized his own daughter if he had not seen her for years, if ever. Could it be possible she was recently told who her father was and she was attempting to reach him? One of the inmates may not even know he has a daughter. What if this girl was given her fathers name while her mom was on her death bed or something like that. Maybe she was embarrassed or just did not feel like explaining to strangers so she simply said friend instead of father. Back then, were minors allowed to visit inmates if they were not family? Just a thought.

....some possible matches?

Laureen Rahn
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/204dfnh.html

I think this could be Laureen Rahn. She looks a lot like our JD, particularly the front-view post-mortem photos. She was known to be in CA in October and there was info that she was caught up in the child *advertiser censored* industry. That may explain why she was going to visit someone in prison. She also had a silver/blue necklace.

Does anyone know if she has been ruled out?

I think this could be Laureen Rahn. She looks a lot like our JD, particularly the front-view post-mortem photos. She was known to be in CA in October and there was info that she was caught up in the child *advertiser censored* industry. That may explain why she was going to visit someone in prison. She also had a silver/blue necklace.

Does anyone know if she has been ruled out?

Goodness! They do look very similar. Laureen had dental work, and JD's report states that her teeth were well cared for. There is a bit of a discrepancy regarding the necklace, as one was gold and the other silver, but that is not enough for a rule out, especially considering the time lapse between when Laureen went missing and when JD was found.

Both do have DNA in CODIS. Does LE have to physically attempt a match, or would a match be automatic? It would be helpful to know for certain if Laureen has been ruled out based on DNA.

Both do have DNA in CODIS. Does LE have to physically attempt a match, or would a match be automatic? It would be helpful to know for certain if Laureen has been ruled out based on DNA.

LE does not have to specify possible matches. CODIS makes the match automatically. Therefore, if you know for sure that both the MP and the UID are in CODIS, and a match was not triggered, you can safely assume that there is no match.

Incidentally, a couple of weeks ago, I posted an LA Times article on a different forum about a 1975 rape/murder of an elderly woman that was just solved when the perp was pulled over for a traffic violation and arrested on an outstanding warrant. They routinely put his DNA into CODIS, and the system automatically returned the 1975 murder case (See Link).

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-elderly-slain3-2009dec03,0,4369169.story

Thanks for the quick response, Carl. It would appear that Laureen is not our JD.

The article that you posted certainly demonstrated how CODIS works. One can only hope that LE catches more of these perpetrators on unrelated offenses so that the database can be expanded and more matches made.

I didn't think that the official forensic sketch for Walker County Jane Doe looks much like the girl shown in the post-mortem photos.

Official Forensic
Sketch

l_fac544d7e8914a3688c0ac0ff9dd485e.jpgWalker County JD 2.jpg Walker County Jane Doe Color.jpg

So, since I have too much time on my hands, I constructed my own.

e711c51f-1aeb-48e4-8511-ce146545ed8a.jpg

One of you vigiliant sleuthers sent this case to me as a possible match for Deborah Ann Quimby of MA....never even occurred to me, but I can see why there was a connection made. Both have DNA available-I am going to check with the case manager on Deb's case to see if the MtDNA has to be compared sample to sample or if it will automatically run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value