TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to this article: http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Authorities said Jonathon Foster vanished from his Garden Oaks home sometime on Christmas Eve.

Foster was last seen by his stepfather around 1:45 p.m. Friday. A few minutes later, his mother received a mysterious phone call at work.

"Someone called and said it was an emergency," said Gifford. "But by the time she picked up the phone, no one was there."

my comments...this whole case has me enraged! No media coverage for a child gone missing Christmas Eve??? Wondering...

1. When was he reported missing? I haven't found that yet..or I missed it if it was previously reported.

2. How long was he to "stay" with the babysitter?

3. What's the sitter saying??????

Was he last seen by the stepfather or the babysitter?

I guess under Texas Law in order for and Amber Alert to be issued an abduction needs to be suspected. Dumb law IMO Hes been missing since Xmas eve for Gods sake.

You know what? This is just making me :furious:. What's wrong with letting a boy his age run home really quick to grab a video game and go back? Nothing! At least in MY world it was nothing!!!

Now you can't take your eyes off your kids at ANY time. This country is falling apart. I'm so angry. :anguish:

JMHO - Here we go again :(

ETA - When was the last reported independent sighting? Anyone know? TIA

- who is the Bio dad of J? caller asked
all parents are cooperating with LE. They are just trying to find J.

Where is the biological Dad? I am assuming LE eliminated him before issuing an Amber Alert... but could this be another holiday custody issue?

It's great that the stepfather and/or father is being cooperative but that doesn't mean he didn't do it. But if LE thought he did it, why would they issue an Amber Alert? They waited 3 days to issue the Amber Alert... I have to believe they have reason to do so now.

(I agree with Jean, since she basically said all that.)

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26291558/detail.html

Jonathan's mother said he had been staying at a baby sitter's home a few doors down from where the family lived. He went home to get a video game but never returned to the baby sitter's home.

"He was supposed to run home, go get it and go back to the baby sitter's," mother Angela Davis said.

Jonathan is white with a fair complexion, 4 feet 7 inches tall and 85 pounds with sandy blond hair and a very visible overbite.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/12/jonathan_foster_12_have_you_se.php

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

I guess under Texas Law in order for and Amber Alert to be issued an abduction needs to be suspected. Dumb law IMO Hes been missing since Xmas eve for Gods sake.

This is the exact reason why there was no Amber Alert issued for Ali Lowitzer - no evidence of abduction or foul play. And yes, it's a dumb law IMO as well.

JMHO - Here we go again :(

ETA - When was the last reported independent sighting? Anyone know? TIA

Not sure, but LE needs to start working on that SO list. Either it was a friend or relative visiting that complex. Do we have a map of the complex yet?

One thing as far as identification is concerned he has an obvious overbite and was last seen wearing a shirt with a guitar on it.

OMG!! They are interviewing the mother and stepfather separately. Police suspect foul play possibly murder.

Investigating the mother and stepfather separately?

The stepfather is the last person to have seen him?

OMG!! They are interviewing the mother and stepfather separately. Police suspect foul play possibly murder.

Right but they are also saying that an amber alert was issued. Maybe LE covering all their bases.

I hate to think that the boy stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen WRT the stepdad. :(

Why would he need to be at the babysitter if the stepdad was home?

Just trying to catch up, so the babysitter wasnt the last person to have seen him? Guess I need to read back.

OMG!! 1,442 s/o in the area.

What range - 1 mile, 5 mile? That is a huge number.
I have the NG recording. I had stepped away and didn't know you guys knew they were covering it! I am so glad this is now getting attention. Earlier today I was so sad that this thread had only a few posts -- now we will have the media attention to draw a team together to brainstorm.

<modsnip> I think it is weird they are saying that he was with a babysitter but that the stepfather was the last to see him. My question on that is why would he have a babysitter then? <modsnip> I don't think this is a stranger abduction at all. Maybe as someone said above they are covering all bases.

I hate to think that the boy stumbled on something he shouldn't have seen WRT the stepdad. :(

Why would he need to be at the babysitter if the stepdad was home?

Right, also the way the link above reads is J stayed with the babysitter all the time <HUH?!>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther