TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What range - 1 mile, 5 mile? That is a huge number.
I have the NG recording. I had stepped away and didn't know you guys knew they were covering it! I am so glad this is now getting attention. Earlier today I was so sad that this thread had only a few posts -- now we will have the media attention to draw a team together to brainstorm.
I was shocked at the # of SO's in the area, just Houston alone. But we do have to remember they are not all child offenders. BUT The # is shocking. What would the National # be just for crimes against children.

Jean C - Joe Gomez reporter in Houston
Timeline - last seen: conflicting reports in the afternoon, hung up caller.

Me: not much of a timeline

I'm confused. If the Step Dad was at home, why was he at the babysitters?

Back to watching NG.

Maybe he stayed at the babysitter because there was other kids there. Rather than staying home with just the stepdad. I know a lot of families who do that.

Wait a minute.... WTH is this?? It was not there earlier when I posted from this article.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26291558/detail.html

Police said that he might be in the company of an adult woman with a raspy voice.

J should have not have been left even to go next door - caller's
ADD is an increased duty on babysitter. Cannot put all this blame on babysitter. This child was used to going about the apt complex. Does this negate the duty of the babysitter? How long did babysitter wait to notify LE?
White male 45 lbs. has a visible overbite, tan shirt and NO COAT <what?!>

I haven't heard it said, but the video I saw with the mom and stepdad the mom talked about him going to get the video in a way that gave me the IMPRESSION (mine only) that she gave the sitter permission for him to run home - so she might have called the mother and said, I can't walk him down due to maybe a baby or something or it could be that the mother let him walk to her unattended and had given permission.
It is just awful anyway it goes.

Some mention of domestic issues, but no reports of CPS over at this house.
Jean C asks about ADD-what are the challenges that J would have? J more hyperactive and most likely off medication now if abducted. Kelly in KY caller: how old is babysitter? Does Stepfather have a jealous person from another relationship?
Babysitter lived a couple doors down. Focus should be back at the house when the stepfather saw him, and the call that was placed to mom. Did another neighbor see the abduction?

Just thought this should be mentioned: Bio Mom got a mysterious phone call at work. Someone called saying there was an emergency to tell her, when she came to the phone, they had hung up.

I sure hope that call can be traced. That is just bizarre is it not?

If the child made it to the house - IMHO then any negligence on the part of the sitter then shifts to the adult step dad.

That was wrong for JC to say that missing boys dont go missing very often

We don't know if the sitter called the step father and asked if Jonathan could come and get the video. I don't think I'd be concerned if he lived just TWO DOORS DOWN.

And yes, why didn't we know about this before today???

Where's a mod. I need a TO before I blow my stack.

Maybe he stayed at the babysitter because there was other kids there. Rather than staying home with just the stepdad. I know a lot of families who do that.

Wait a minute.... WTH is this?? It was not there earlier when I posted from this article.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26291558/detail.html
Police said that he might be in the company of an adult woman with a raspy voice.

WTH? is right. Maybe a neighbor ID'd this "woman" in the vicinity.:waitasec:

J deserves a better time line and LE needs to start sending out a description of the raspy woman NOW darn it!!

A scanner thread has been started in the private forum for WS members only.

Remember, you may link to the scanner posts but do not quote them in the public forum.

Read the Opening Post for instructions and feel free to ask those who man the scanners regularly for help.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5936122#post5936122"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ugggggggg - so is the Garden Oak where the sitter lived and Nueva Apartments, in the 800 block of Oak the parents? Or is the typical confusion in a breaking story.?

Nueva Apartments, in the 800 block of Oak
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7355330.html
or
Garden Oaks home
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Authorities-search-for-missing-12-year-old-Houston-boy-112505914.html

Ohhhh - maybe a local can tell me is that area called Garden Oaks - like a subdivision name or part of town name?

This is moving fast now -- btw, I was not feeling the stepdad in the video. Not blaming him, but I am REALLY GLAD they are interviewing him.

You know, It just makes me so %$^& mad. He went missing on XMAS Eve and we are just hearing about this. He had to be declared abducted in order for the Amber Alert to be issued. It is widely known that the first 24 hrs in ANY case is crucial. The laws and protocol have been improved but just not good enough yet. Hope Jonathan is found soon.

I think the stepfather killed him!! I think it is weird they are saying that he was with a babysitter but that the stepfather was the last to see him. My question on that is why would he have a babysitter then? I think that step dad did it. I don't think this is a stranger abduction at all. Maybe as someone said above they are covering all bases.

Sadly ITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member