TX - LEO officer & bystander dead, 4 injured in College Station shootout, 13 Aug 2012

will come back within the next hour to give more info.

Constable was born 11/29/1970

Consable Bachman has a fb page and I'm seeing a precious daughter as his profile pic.
My deepest condolences to Constable Bachman's family. :rose:

Suspect was shot and taken into custody.

Constable - Deceased
Female civilian - injured, being treated at hosp
Male Civilian - Deceased
College Station LEO - shot and being treated at hosp.
LEO injured, extent not known
LEO injured, extent not known

I think I have this right. Please correct me if I didn't hear it right.

Also, looking at the Constable's FB page, he seemed to be very active in coahing little league baseball.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...ed-on-uni-campus/story-e6frea7u-1226449711988

Shooter kills two near Texas A&M University campus

Constable Brian Bachman attended a house that the gunman was "barricaded" inside. According to some reports he was there to serve an eviction notice.

He was shot in the front yard, before other officers arrived and shot the gunman, and began CPR on the constable.

Another policeman was shot in the leg and is in a stable condition.

Two civilians were shot, a woman who is in surgery and a male civilian who was pronounced deceased.

Two officers received non life-threatening injuries.

Athens Banner-Herald ‏@onlineathens

Police: Gunman in shooting near Texas A&M has died; in addition to constable, 1 other civilian http://bit.ly/NuaOj1

From what I understand:

1 LE Officer died
1 male, suspect, died
1 male civilian died (bystander)
1 female, bystander, wounded, in hospital/surgery (conflicting reports)
1 LE being treated for GSW, in hospital, expected to survive
1 LE serious condition, expected to survive (cannot confirm this)

I am fairly sure of the above, although I can't yet find an updated link. I heard it from Fox, national cable news.

God bless those LEs and civvies who have died, and may God have mercy on the suspect's soul.

Best-
Herding Cats

Another nut job with a gun. We have to enforce stricter laws as to WHO is allowed to purchase firearms!

God bless all who were wounded or died. So sad.

How very sad! We need an island to put these mass shooters on. Give them a few guns and let them shoot up each other instead of innocent people.

Unless there are warning signs before hand, there is not much that can be done sadly.

I'm interested to hear more about the gunman.

No.....................here we go again. GB those who have have died or was wounded. LE officers know they may not make it home when they go in for work, but you never expect it to happen. Those civilians had no reason to think it was anything other than a typical Monday.

Life is so precious and I am sick and tired of these senseless deaths/murders. The murderers have no right to take our loved ones from us. Kill themselves or each other, but not innocent people.

MOO

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16995655

A 65-year-old man also died, while three other law enforcement officers and a 55-year-old woman were wounded, in the shootings at an off-campus home not far from the university's football stadium, College Station Assistant Police Chief Scott McCollum said.

*article also said gunman was in his 30's

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther