TX TX - Leona Swafford, 83, Arlington, 4 June 2013

This is horrendous. What kind of coward kills an 80yo, disabled woman? :(

May she RIP & may her killer be caught & harshly punished.

Just searching neighbors on facebook there is one guy (friend of neighbor) who fits the description to a t.

The carjacker was described as a black male in his 40s with a bald head and stocky build, the statement read. He was last seen wearing a purple shirt and dark-colored pants.

Woman dies in Texas carjacking, attacker sought (San Antonio Express-News/AP)
---
Arlington police say the incident began around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday as a woman described as being in her 80s pulled into her driveway.

Police say a suspect approached and he assaulted the woman. A man who saw the incident struggled with the suspect but the attacker drove off in the woman's car with her inside.

Police say the woman's body was discovered around 10 a.m. Tuesday dumped a couple miles from her home.
---
a bit more at the link above

Just searching neighbors on facebook there is one guy (friend of neighbor) who fits the description to a t.

The carjacker was described as a black male in his 40s with a bald head and stocky build, the statement read. He was last seen wearing a purple shirt and dark-colored pants.

Was there a name in one of the articles? If not, do you mind sharing your sleuthing secret to get info? Tia

What is this world coming to? EIGHTY years old? How the heck much of a threat could she be to someone?

From the press conference:

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 3m
@ArlingtonPD- victim was driving into her driveway, suspect approached her there. victim did not live alone. @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 5m
@ArlingtonPD "we're using everything we can to locate that person. whatever leads and tips we get, we're going to follow up on. @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 5m
@ArlingtonPD - police don't know if suspect is on foot or in a car.

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 1m
police have ended their update- the gut of it is- they're still investigating, and looking for suspect believed to still be in area @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 2m
@ArlingtonPD -Search perimeter is "pretty wide" @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 2m
@ArlingtonPD- victim was driving into her driveway, suspect approached her there. victim did not live alone. @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 1m
victim is related to a retired @ArlingtonPD officer who works part time patrol. @NBCDFW

NBC DFW ‏@NBCDFW 1m
Investigators with @ArlingtonPD will not release name of victim in morning abduction & death yet http://bit.ly/11j4JuX

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 3m
@ArlingtonPD police believe the suspect is still in the area @NBCDFW

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 4m
@ArlingtonPD still investigating case. canvassing area, processing vehicle and locations. @NBCDFW

crimes against the elderly fill me with rage

I hope the has an 'accident' while in custody

Friends and neighbors say Leona Swafford loved the roses and flowers she planted, and was proud to have one of the nicest yards on the block. She had lived in the home for 40 years.

Swafford lost her husband to illness in 2010. She has a large and loving family that includes great grandchildren. Her 84th birthday would have been Friday.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/arli...apping-210082801.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y&c=y

Rest in peace, Leona.

The victim has been identified as Leona Faye Swafford. She would’ve turned 84 on Friday.

Leona-Faye-Swafford-251x300.jpg

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...fter-carjacking-kidnapping-this-morning.html/

Friends and neighbors say Leona Swafford loved the roses and flowers she planted, and was proud to have one of the nicest yards on the block. She had lived in the home for 40 years.

Swafford lost her husband to illness in 2010. She has a large and loving family that includes great grandchildren. Her 84th birthday would have been Friday.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/arli...apping-210082801.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y&c=y

Rest in peace, Leona.

Well, I know for a fact that heaven has beautiful gardens and I'm positive Leona will be busy there.

RIP Leona and condolences to the family and loved ones.

jmo

What a horrible end for a sweet lady who was much loved by her family. I hope the person who killed her gets caught and gets the death penalty.

RIP Leona. To life life this long only to be taken away in this manner? I'm furious. I'm so sorry it ended like this. May you rest in peace <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back