TX TX - Leona Swafford, 83, Arlington, 4 June 2013

There is a special place in Hades for this guy. I hope justice is swift! RIP Leona.

This monster still hasn't been caught?

A local FBI Task Force has joined Arlington Police in the search for the man who murdered 83-year-old Leona Swafford Tuesday. Swafford was carjacked in her own driveway, then died as the suspect kidnapped her.

Task force members worked an area near Vandergriff Park late Wednesday afternoon, just a few blocks south and east of the carjacking. Police, and now the victim’s family, are asking for the public’s help to find a killer.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/06/05/fbi-joins-search-for-arlington-deadly-carjacking-suspect/

How sad!

Until recently, my sister lived a mere five miles away (in a direct line) from where Leona lived. There but for the grace of God...

If the abductor/murderer was just interested in the car, why abduct Leona? And then only to abandon the vehicle a short distance from where it was taken? A young man could walk that distance in a short amount of time...I don't get it!

RIP Dear Lady.

IMOO

I'm so angry. This monster has to be caught and given death. I wonder if they know who did this horrible crime to this poor lady. They have to find him. It just doesn't make any sense to me him forcing her into the car and then killing her. WHY??? :please:

I forgot to add...I wonder if he made her go to a bank???

Grandsons say Arlington widow slain by carjacker was ‘guiding light’ who went out of her way to help others

----------------

“She built you up, picked you up when you were down, gave you hugs when you needed ’em,” Ben Harben said. “When you’re growing up, you make mistakes. Your grandmother’s the one that tells you that there’s a future after that mistake.”

-----------------

Describing the crime as a senseless violent act against both Swafford and the community, Cook requested that anyone with information come forward and said people can remain anonymous.

Oak Farms Dairy is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment.

“This was a brutal crime,” Cook said. “There’s no secret about it. Leona Swafford was a grandmother. She was a mother. She was a defenseless woman. There was no reason to kill her.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...ht-who-went-out-of-her-way-to-help-others.ece

They still haven't caught this ? This is a case for John Walsh and America's Most Wanted IMO. Off to work now, but it is on my agenda to contact AMW this weekend!

No arrest yet?! :( Surely someone somewhere knows this monster!

The victim has been identified as Leona Faye Swafford. She would’ve turned 84 on Friday.

Leona-Faye-Swafford-251x300.jpg

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...fter-carjacking-kidnapping-this-morning.html/

What a beautiful, sweet lady. Rest well, ma'am. May justice be served quickly.

I thought for sure that this [censored] would have been caught within hours at most. So disheartened to learn he is still on the loose!

RIP dear sweet Leona...hoping you are celebrating your birthday in fine style as you so truly deserve!

~jmo~

WHY kill her?
There was another witness, what benefit did killing her have? :banghead:

That's overkill. R.I.P Leona.

Indeed. He killed her 3 times over. Indicates to me that she put-up a good fight, and how awful that it ended with the coward murderer as the victor.

This monster needs to be found & arrested immediately, and any/all who are hiding him need to be charged as well.

~jmo~

An 83-year-old Arlington woman found dead after a carjacking was shot and sustained blunt force trauma, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said Thursday.

The medical examiner lists Leona Faye Swafford's cause of death as a "gunshot wound and blunt force trauma of the head with asphyxia."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ME...or-Slain-Arlington-Grandmother-210470471.html

really?! was all of that REALLY needed?! the answer is NO! this man has a lot of rage inside of him to do something that horrendous to this woman. he needs to be picked up off the street before he takes another innocent life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back