TX TX - Leona Swafford, 83, Arlington, 4 June 2013

really?! was all of that REALLY needed?! the answer is NO! this man has a lot of rage inside of him to do something that horrendous to this woman. he needs to be picked up off the street before he takes another innocent life.

I completely agree... This is an act far beyond violence, it's utter disregard for human life and absolutely lacking any understanding, respect and compassion for humanity. This monster needs to be locked up immediately!

Surveillance video shows Arlington woman before kidnapping, murder

Arlington police have released new surveillance video connected to this week's carjacking and murder of a grandmother.

The video shows Leonna Swafford's car pulling up to a donut shop just minutes before she was abducted.

Two minutes later, the 83-year-old woman is seen getting back in her car and driving away.

Police said this is the kind of video they are seeking from the public to help solve Swafford's murder.

She was carjacked as she pulled into her driveway on Tuesday. Her body was found a few hours later.

Police said Swafford had been shot to death.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/210767061.html

Still no justice for Leona? :( I can't find any updates on her story.

Indeed. He killed her 3 times over. Indicates to me that she put-up a good fight, and how awful that it ended with the coward murderer as the victor.

This monster needs to be found & arrested immediately, and any/all who are hiding him need to be charged as well.

~jmo~
Agreed!
Where is this guy! He needs to be found yesterday.
Someone knows where he is, and knows who he is...
Kudos to the man who took this guy on to try and help Leona too.
Rest In Peace Sweet Lady in the garden of Angels
:rose:

Daughter Of Slain Arlington Woman Wants Answers

Swafford was accosted in her driveway at 8:30 in the morning on June 4, 2013. Swafford had just pulled into the driveway, after a quick trip to a nearby doughnut store when Keenan found the car across the street, crashed against a neighbor’s parked car, with a stranger at the wheel and her mother in the passenger seat.

“Her face was really bloody and she had this horrified look on her face,” she said.

Keenan opened the car door and tried to wrestle the man out.

“By his shoulder and shirt and I was pulling on him again and that’s when he pulled the gun,” she said. “He said, ‘I will shoot you. I will shoot you.”

She let go and ran to grab her mother, but the car sped away.

“I was so disappointed in myself because I couldn’t get her out. I felt like I had failed,” she said. “I just literally collapsed crying in the street.”

An hour and a half later, Arlington police found Swafford’s body in a nearby field with a gunshot to the head. Despite a sketch of the killer, investigators have yet to identify him.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25696303/one-year-since-elderly-arlington-woman-murdered

One year after an elderly Arlington woman was carjacked and murdered, police and the family believe the killer will be caught

The body of Leona Swafford, 83, was found three miles from her home, where she was carjacked and attacked on June 4, 2013. The killer dumped Swafford's car at an apartment complex a few miles away.

Police received 200 tips in the days after the crime and developed a sketch of the suspect. But a year later - with no arrest - the family is pleading for anyone with information to come forward.

I can't believe it's been a year. I was hoping the thread bump meant the killer had been caught. :( Thanks for the update OkieGranny.

Just read up. What a horrible crime. This monster has no regard for life. Please God, guide LE to find him.

Arlington Police Seek Help With Cold Case: Murder of Leona Swafford

COLD CASE FILES: This week marks ten years since the murder of Leona Swafford (pictured below), a loving mother and grandmother who was carjacked, kidnapped, and later shot as she was returning home from buying donuts for her family.

Detectives have worked relentlessly on this case since it occurred in June 2013 — but unfortunately, we have not been able to identify her killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back