GUILTY TX - Officer Don Allen, 27, killed in Craigslist robbery, Abilene, 31 Aug 2015

Violet Walter, 30

Phillip Walter, 29

Both charged with murder.
$500,000 bond each.

Everyday Grace: Thanks for all the links to the current articles! It will be interesting to learn more of the story, if we do.

So young. Rest in peace officer Allen. May justice be swift and severe!

Everyday Grace: Thanks for all the links to the current articles! It will be interesting to learn more of the story, if we do.

I think we will learn much more after Officer Allen is buried tomorrow morning.

The Walters are both graduates of Abilene high schools. They have three young children.

He was booked into the Taylor County Jail on 11-3-2014 on a charge of Assault/Family Violence, a Class A Misdemeanor filed in JP court in December 2014 that appears to be an open case. -- the least of his legal problems from this point forward.

The mug shot for him presently being shown is from his 2014 arrest.

http://publicaccess.taylorcountytexas.org/PublicAccess/JailingSearchResults.aspx

https://m.facebook.com/PhillipWalterJr?pn_ref=info_relation&ref=content_filter

https://m.facebook.com/violetmwalter?ref=content_filter

So relieved 2 have been arrested!
Waiting to hear more of the what transpired, and why.

Thanks for the links!!!

Rest in Peace Officer Allen[emoji257]

I am glad to see there has been an arrest in this case.

I must say I am glad to see that the report of the "anti-police" rhetoric on the walls was false, but I am having trouble understanding why another agency released the inaccurate details. I suppose smaller agencies don't have the oversight that larger agencies do when it comes to releasing unconfirmed information. I still do not understand why they haven't given a simple explanation of what happened. Did Allen interrupt a burglary at his home or was he directly targeted for assassination. The reports say the suspects have been charged with 1st degree murder, which doesn't make much sense, if they killed him while committing a burglary or robbery it would be Capital Murder, if was retaliation for his actions as Law enforcement- Capital Murder. Apparently they took things from Allen's house so they committed burglary or robbery and then killed Allen, in that case the charge should be Capital Murder. I guess there is a LOT more to the story.

^^^^
Yes, just as I said at the very beginning since we heard about this Tuesday afternoon...they're very tight-lipped on this one.
A little "odd" to me at how tight-lipped, and the reason why.
Dunno...patiently waiting to hear more..............relationship between the 2 arrested and poor Officer Allen? Any? None?
Maybe they'll release prelim autopsy report today?

Just looked at the clock...his funeral is currently happening. RIP Officer Allen

I did see an alert from another agency detailing the circumstances of the scene, just as deputydawg said. Quite horrific and Manson Family like! My bet is that it has something to do with his job in a round about way.
You have just mentioned this "alert" you saw from another agency again. I would like to know what agency you are talking about and can you supply a link to the alert you saw?

^^^^
It may be like what I get...it's copied on a FB page of a LEO - related page? And email alerts from the same organization. That's where I initially saw it.

Officer Allen will be buried at Clyde Cemetery, in a plot donated by the City to the Allen family.
What a beautiful gesture by the City and community.

Interested in seeing what the details are as of WHY they did this... Especially since they have kids. The husbands fb is interesting to say the least. One post is seemingly pro cop. Makes me wonder if it was a burglary gone wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back