MISTRIAL TX - Scarlette Olivia Newsom, 2, beaten to death, Dean, 17 Oct 2018 *mom & bf charged*

a bit.

The Clay County court site changed their format, so now I can not see court dates. Anyone hear/read anything about a new trial date or even a court date for Fulbright? And for Newsom - she had her last hearing on 3/21/22.

Fulbright - Clay County #2018-009C-CR
Newsom - Clay County #2019-0100C-CR

TIA if anyone can find something! :)

a bit.

The Clay County court site changed their format, so now I can not see court dates. Anyone hear/read anything about a new trial date or even a court date for Fulbright? And for Newsom - she had her last hearing on 3/21/22.

Fulbright - Clay County #2018-009C-CR
Newsom - Clay County #2019-0100C-CR

TIA if anyone can find something! :)
Niner there's been absolutely nothing!

How about now?? :) TIA!
This is not the same Josh in this link. It's an entirely different case. BUT... It has the same defense attorney, Mark Barber, that had been Joshua Fulbright 's defense attorney. For anyone not current on the former attorney/client relationship between MB and JF, jury selection had been done and the State of Texas had already called several witnesses to testify against Joshua Fulbright. Suddenly there was an alleged drinking and driving arrest of Mark Barber attorney at law on a Sunday evening in Archer County, Texas. Joshua Fulbright's trial was AGAIN declared a mistrial because of the defense attorneys suspected drinking and driving. Fulbright wanted to? Or did fire his defense attorney. Putting his murder trial off for who knows how long this time!?
I included the link to the other story to show that, for whatever reason or circumstances, that defense attorney is still actively practicing law in Clay County, Texas where Fulbright is accused of the murder of the child Olivia Newsom and the proof that Barber has actively filed a motion for a change of venue, once again out of Clay County, Texas but for a completely separate defendant/case.

MOO something smells fishy to me about the alleged drinking and driving arrest. IMHOO I feel like it was planned & deliberately done in order to cause further continuation and delay in the Joshua Fulbright murder case. IDK

This is not the same Josh in this link. It's an entirely different case. BUT... It has the same defense attorney, Mark Barber, that had been Joshua Fulbright 's defense attorney. For anyone not current on the former attorney/client relationship between MB and JF, jury selection had been done and the State of Texas had already called several witnesses to testify against Joshua Fulbright. Suddenly there was an alleged drinking and driving arrest of Mark Barber attorney at law on a Sunday evening in Archer County, Texas. Joshua Fulbright's trial was AGAIN declared a mistrial because of the defense attorneys suspected drinking and driving. Fulbright wanted to? Or did fire his defense attorney. Putting his murder trial off for who knows how long this time!?
I included the link to the other story to show that, for whatever reason or circumstances, that defense attorney is still actively practicing law in Clay County, Texas where Fulbright is accused of the murder of the child Olivia Newsom and the proof that Barber has actively filed a motion for a change of venue, once again out of Clay County, Texas but for a completely separate defendant/case.

MOO something smells fishy to me about the alleged drinking and driving arrest. IMHOO I feel like it was planned & deliberately done in order to cause further continuation and delay in the Joshua Fulbright murder case. IDK

Thank you for this! It seemed a bit fishy to me too. He finally goes to trial & then his attorney gets arrested for DUI. :rolleyes:

I am guessing there is nothing on Sarah Newsom. Her last hearing was on 3/21/22.

I did notice that the Clay County changed their court site on how to look up cases. I can't look them up anymore.... frustrating!!

And again - thanks! :)

Just bumping up - anyone hear anything on this case?

Just went into the court site - and it is back to what they had before. Guess they had too many complaints on their "new look".

It only goes thru 11/28 date - so again keep an eye on this.

Just bumping up - anyone hear anything on this case?

Just went into the court site - and it is back to what they had before. Guess they had too many complaints on their "new look".

It only goes thru 11/28 date - so again keep an eye on this.
Still no news on this. And Mark Houston Barber the former defense attorney has nothing on the Texas Bar website for the DUI arrest that allowed for the latest mistrial. He was arrested in Archer County,TX which is a county included in the same site as the Clay County court dockets.

Oh my goodness @Niner the whole entire Clay County, Texas judicial system is going through it. The current sheriff, Jeff Lyde has been arrested and charged AGAIN!

Oh my goodness @Niner the whole entire Clay County, Texas judicial system is going through it. The current sheriff, Jeff Lyde has been arrested and charged AGAIN!

Does not sound like he is going to go away quietly.... :eek:

Just bumping @#JUSTICE4WILDER - any recent news?

The court site is back to "nothing" on it again...

TIA if you can find something!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

I am only coming up with 2022 August articles.

Just bumping @#JUSTICE4WILDER - any recent news?

The court site is back to "nothing" on it again...

TIA if you can find something!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

I am only coming up with 2022 August articles.
There's absolutely nothing being reported on this trial or the case. Clay County Sheriff's Office has been in the headlines due to the accusations levied against the sheriff. I don't know exactly how much Clay County has to do with the case against Justin Fulbright since there was a change of venue granted and the trial moving to Montague County. Ludicrous and disgusting that the two murderers are currently STILL out on bond and nothing coming up anytime soon for the prosection of both of them.

Wilder McDaniel and Olivia Newsom were both murdered in a 7 day period. As you know @Niner there has not been as much publicity or public cries for justice with the case of Olivia Newsom. It's sad all the way around but to me even sadder that no one has been publicly vocal on social media or with the media in her case.
I'm glad you found the thread for Wilder McDaniel and I appreciate your input over there.
Now you know the meaning of my username here

Wilder McDaniel and Olivia Newsom were both murdered in a 7 day period. As you know @Niner there has not been as much publicity or public cries for justice with the case of Olivia Newsom. It's sad all the way around but to me even sadder that no one has been publicly vocal on social media or with the media in her case.
I'm glad you found the thread for Wilder McDaniel and I appreciate your input over there.
Now you know the meaning of my username here

Can not figure out WHY there is no info on this case! And the court site is no more help as it was before. Have you found anything on any hearings coming up?

I have Newsom on 3/21/22 & Fulbright on 8/22/22 as their last hearings.

Ah - now I understand your username! :)

I posted the link to the Wichita County Court Record's over on the Jason Wilder McDaniel thread but wanted to share the link over here with you as well.

You aren't going to believe it when you read what Wichita County defense attorney is representing Wilder's mom!

I posted the link to the Wichita County Court Record's over on the Jason Wilder McDaniel thread but wanted to share the link over here with you as well.

You aren't going to believe it when you read what Wichita County defense attorney is representing Wilder's mom!

Thank you! I saw that on Wilder's thread.

And Darn - I thought there would be an update on this case...

I have this link to the Clay/Montague county court site :

but it changed in the beginning of 2023 - and gives nothing on court dates. Do you have a different link to these county court sites - where you can look up the person individually? I have not been able to find one. TIA if you can! :)

Thank you! I saw that on Wilder's thread.

And Darn - I thought there would be an update on this case...

I have this link to the Clay/Montague county court site :

but it changed in the beginning of 2023 - and gives nothing on court dates. Do you have a different link to these county court sites - where you can look up the person individually? I have not been able to find one. TIA if you can! :)
Not for Clay County or Montague County I've tried to find a work around to get there but I've not had any luck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back