TX - Sgt. Craig Hutchinson, shot at his home, July 2016 *ruled a suicide*

It still seems like the ME should be able to state the cause of death was a gunshot wound without specifying further.

It just makes me WAY more curious than I would have been otherwise!
That's what made me look and think twice. That, and the 'hero' cop that called in something last year and was found dead soon after. I think the tone in both of their voices hit me as similar. But, If I wasn't on this forum, I'd never give suicide a second thought, and honestly I doubted it when it was first mentioned with JG.
Either way, I am sorry we have lost anothe LEO, and hope his loved ones have comfort from others at this time.

Secrets,secrets,secrets! Beginning to remind me of the Rhoden murders. If you were to ask AG Mike if one of the victims in the Rhoden murders was wearing a purple shirt, that would be confidential information!
We KNOW Craig was shot, I don't believe we have to know right now that for example, he was shot in both lungs and his left pinkie finger is missing! So I agree with the above post simply say he died from gunshot wounds. Maybe everybody's thinking is frazzled right now.

I am still learning the ropes here, and I don't know how to link, but Statesman.com has obit on their website. Austin newspaper.
Visitation is Aug 1st, 4p-8p Cook Walden Funeral Home. Aug 2nd @ 10a svcs at Shoreline Church.
I just went to search engine and typed in Sgt Craig Hutchinson obit and came up with a nice selection of articles.
There has been a memorial fund set up on a popular site we have all referred to here at WS!

I am still learning the ropes here, and I don't know how to link, but Statesman.com has obit on their website. Austin newspaper.
Visitation is Aug 1st, 4p-8p Cook Walden Funeral Home. Aug 2nd @ 10a svcs at Shoreline Church.
I just went to search engine and typed in Sgt Craig Hutchinson obit and came up with a nice selection of articles.
There has been a memorial fund set up on a popular site we have all referred to here at WS!

Here is his obit:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...-Hutchinson&lc=4884&pid=180814102&mid=7027125

42 days! Too bad he didn't have a flat tire on the way home. Maybe the idiots would have been gone by the time he got home!

Could have been a hit set up to look like a burglary also. Either way, Texans love the death penalty and killing a police officer is a capital offense.

Guess you could be right, but I hope not! And, when they catch the maggots, they will end up on death row, where they should be!

That's what made me look and think twice. That, and the 'hero' cop that called in something last year and was found dead soon after. I think the tone in both of their voices hit me as similar. But, If I wasn't on this forum, I'd never give suicide a second thought, and honestly I doubted it when it was first mentioned with JG.
Either way, I am sorry we have lost anothe LEO, and hope his loved ones have comfort from others at this time.

It took two months for the truth to come out in JG's case. When Don Allen was murdered in his home it took only two days to catch his killers. I don't have any stats, but from what I've observed here I think cop killers are usually found rather quickly.

So I'm leaning more toward what happened in JG's case, although I don't think one is better than the other. Both are awful in their own ways.

Officer Allen's case is nothing like this case or many others. There was a wealth of evidence in that case.

Random questions:

Had their been burglaries reported in his neighborhood?

Ovaltene Jones lives in the same neighborhood as Travis County Sheriff's Sgt. Craig Hutchinson. She says the neighborhood is known for petty crimes but nothing has ever turned deadly. "It's very scary. I was just the victim of a hummingbird feeder theft. To think, that if I had been up and caught them red-handed, that they would have turned around and shot me and possibly killed me... over just something minor that's in my yard or in my shed, that's very scary," says Jones.

Still no descriptions of the suspects?
Have their been any warnings to the public about being in danger?
Anything found on security cameras? If so - why no images or descriptions shared with the public?
Was he shot with his own weapon?
How likely is it he saw and chased prowlers without phoning in a description?

And...
Kristin Pillow also lives in the neighborhood. She lives behind Hutchinson's home and woke up to the commotion.

I would really like to know what the commotion sounded like.

eta: Also wondering what he knew about the petty thefts and hummingbird feeder incident.

This is so sad. Days from retirement and his life is ended.

Several questions popped up after reading this.

Had he gone into his house upon returning home or did he see the burglars from his driveway?

Is the creek where he was found, close to the shed that was being broken into? How far away was it?

Was his gun found? Had it been recently shot? Did he have gun powder on his hands? How close was the gun when he was shot?

The above questions, in red, are significant in this case! From what I've read, these questions have not been answered. With LE not wanting the cause of death released, and these questions unanswered, one's mind begins to wander. Another thing not mentioned is getting video from neighbors security cameras.

Perhaps LE is waiting for after the services to announce their findings. For one of their own to be killed, this is very quiet.

RIP Sgt. Hutchinson.

I hope we get some answers on this terrible, senseless murder soon. Two LE people killed in Kansas in the last two months, Dallas, San Diego, this has got to come to an end. It almost feels like an epidemic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back