TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving right along...

Since the release of this new information, it seems likely that many of us are settling in on our POI. I think it's wise at this point not to name anyone at all-by initials or location.

I also believe the car in the SWFA parking lot is related to the murder. It's easy to overthink something like this crime, and it's all beginning to come into focus at last.

I feel like a good good review of my notes (discarding many old theories) and highlighting others might bring clarity. I must admit I was way off on the cause of MB's murder. That said, I feel like the current theory that the POI has a connection to LE just feels right. It makes sense.

i wonder why the family is so worried there may be more murders? Presumably they mean themselves, but perhaps not. What do they know? They have been asked not to speak out anymore by the police. The NG podcast was very interesting and informative.

Do we trust NG information? I agree that it adds up to my mind but based on past info from her HLN show I don't automatically assume the info is accurate;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we trust NG information? I agree that it adds up to my mind but based on past info from her HLN show I don't automatically assume the info is accurate;)

No, I don't trust NG but the info correlates with other info like a second confirmation of sorts. We shall see how it all pans out

It would be helpful to know where the source is. If it is coming from LE then it is something to work with. But if this is coming from the family or those close (like Tamara Jolee Metcalfe) then I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Exactly. Even a phone, that is turned off checks with a cell tower by the way. One has to power it down or all systems off, in order not to ping. Well, or one takes the sim card out, then we have just a blob of metal.

-Nin
If I say I've turned my phone off I mean it's powered down. They're the same thing. A phone that is asleep will still ping and receive calls but it is not off.

It would be helpful to know where the source is. If it is coming from LE then it is something to work with. But if this is coming from the family or those close (like Tamara Jolee Metcalfe) then I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Or social media!

Note: Websleuths is a FACT based forum. Whether the rumors read on social media turn out to be accurate or not is irrelevant. As of now, they are merely rumors and are not allowed to be brought here, discussed, or referenced.

Likewise, any names that you see mentioned on social media are not allowed to be sleuthed. Unless and until LE officially announces a suspect or POI, no one is open to be sleuthed or accused of being the perp.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

I think they skim over the cases and blurt out what they remember. Maybe it bugs me so much because we are involved in it every day and are desperate to find this monster.

Thanks again for finding the video!!! Maybe I watch too many crime stories on tv, but surely wiith all the resources available today, they could identify the car, see how many people in the car, see if he was in costume. That one pic here certainly looked like the driver had a helmet on. There are great sleuths on here... and we only have 5% of the evidence. No autopsy, interview transcripts, photos, heck, we don't even know who has been interviewed.

If the motive is what I think it is, it may not be over. Rage is not a one time event.

A cell phone that is powered on will continually ping for towers, even if it isn't being used to make a call. That's what causes battery drain throughout the day even if you haven't spoken on the phone. Those pings send identifying information to the cell tower. It is that information a stingray captures.
So, say the tower dump gave LE the digital footprint of a burner phone. If the burner phone was turned on and in range of the stingray, they could match the footprint and then trap any calls, texts, etc. I'm guessing LE took the stingray to the areas where POIs lived/worked to see if they could match any cell from the tower dump to any cell in the vicinity of the POI.
The news article does not say that a stingray was used in the Bevers case just that NYPD has the technology and they were helping analyze cellular data. I agree, from what I have read, that the stingray would not be able to go back in time and recover data from the night of the murder.

It really freaked me out when I started hearing conversations through my attached speaker set connected to the PC.... especially since the volume was turned off. That was several years ago, and only happened for a couple months

Jethro4WS est. the case map of CCoC for us.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-32&p=12692621#post12692621

attachment.php

In mid-August, 2016, upon entry from the Main Western Doors and turning right once inside to walk toward the SW Corner. There are 3 doors: 20, 18, 17. Using your map's key:

W3 - Door 20 * The green bar is also Door 20.
W4 - Door 18
There is another door here marked Door 17.

The Red Rectangular with the door opening is actually the "Family Room" or "Family RestRoom". Not numbered.

WB1 - Door 16 * Men's RestRoom; Needs to be rotated so door opens into alcove.
WB2 - Door 15 * Lady's Rest Room; Needs to be placed along the Western wall next to WB1.
The peach flooring in front of the Men's and Lady's Rooms form the alcove space. The alcove wall is missing on the map that begins at the SW corner, has a gap in the center and continues on down the wall to the Family RestRoom....

At the Stage, in the lower right corner of the map, Mimi this especially is for you!, where there is a green mark on the outer line on the light red box marked SS, that is a door. It is Door 14.

Also, at the Stage, in the NE corner, there is a light red box marked NS. The green mark is for Door 9. (Almost directly across from Door 8.)

Thanks DeDee. This just doesn't make much sense to me lol Most all buildings and schools/churches so forth the numbers go in order. (thinking out loud not being snarky to you De)
It is understandable for rooms to move because of different reasons. Rooms at this church are used interchanged with other uses/classes. Why would they change numbers on some yet leave some the same? That would be out of order would it not?

April 18th 2016 these were the kids classes used with numbers CCofC April 18 2016 kids rooms.JPG

Dec 2016 and Jan 1 2017 used CCofC Dec 2016 and Jan 2017 kids rooms.JPG

Can someone plz do me a favor and draw on the map for me where exactly SP was walking on the video and where MB was found? I'm horrible once everyone starts talking SW this, West hall, etc I can't picture things that way 😫

Can someone plz do me a favor and draw on the map for me where exactly SP was walking on the video and where MB was found? I'm horrible once everyone starts talking SW this, West hall, etc I can't picture things that way 
MPD has never said where exactly Missy was found only a general area which would be the Southwest quadrant of the building. There is debate about where exactly she was found. As far as SP walking we only know from the video we have that SP was in every hall (partially) and at least 5 rooms. It is possible (some would say likely) SP entered more rooms than that and traversed more of the halls than we have seen. Since we also cannot guarantee the order we see in the MPD video is in timestamp order it is difficult to put SP's path down in any meaningful way.

The legend at the bottom of the map is the best help I can offer at the moment for working out where something being talked about is located. Maybe save the map and bring it up in an image viewer so you can refer to it would work for you. I wish I could be more helpful than that.

I think they skim over the cases and blurt out what they remember. Maybe it bugs me so much because we are involved in it every day and are desperate to find this monster.

Thanks again for finding the video!!! Maybe I watch too many crime stories on tv, but surely wiith all the resources available today, they could identify the car, see how many people in the car, see if he was in costume. That one pic here certainly looked like the driver had a helmet on. There are great sleuths on here... and we only have 5% of the evidence. No autopsy, interview transcripts, photos, heck, we don't even know who has been interviewed.

If the motive is what I think it is, it may not be over. Rage is not a one time event.
We would hope we only have 5% of the evidence because if we have more than that then it becomes more and more doubtful that MPD will solve this absent someone walking in and confessing.

We would hope we only have 5% of the evidence because if we have more than that then it becomes more and more doubtful that MPD will solve this absent someone walking in and confessing.

Right!

Thanks DeDee. This just doesn't make much sense to me lol Most all buildings and schools/churches so forth the numbers go in order. (thinking out loud not being snarky to you De)
It is understandable for rooms to move because of different reasons. Rooms at this church are used interchanged with other uses/classes. Why would they change numbers on some yet leave some the same? That would be out of order would it not?

April 18th 2016 these were the kids classes used with numbers View attachment 107623

Dec 2016 and Jan 1 2017 used View attachment 107624

There is no doubt in my mind that the brass numerals outside of the doors have not changed. I only noted doors with numerals. Obviously not all doors had brass numbers, by example, the "Family RestRoom" did not have a number.

I'm good with your church bulletin notes. I never visually saw a door marked 21 but it's obviously where the other young children are assigned.

My CCoC program dated July 24 has the same that yours does in April regarding this section:

Cuddlers and Crawlers ...................Room 2
Toddlers to 2 ...................................Room 4
3 to 5 yo ..........................................Room 21
K to 2nd ...........................................Room 6
3rd - 5th Grade ................................Room 12
Jr & Sr High School .........................Room 10
* Children's Church - ages 2 to 2nd grade: Drop off at Room 10. Pick up at Room 8.

The brass door numbers are sequential and run clockwise. For instance, there are 6 doors with numerals on the North Hall. The first door is 5, followed by door 6, then door 7 (kitchen) and another door 7 (kitchen), followed by door 8 (cafe') and finally the last door is an 8 (cafe'). Door 9 goes into the auditorium.

On this July 24 bulletin, all members are invited to the Cafe' for a baby shower. The Cafe' is Room 8.

The interior change that was immediately noticed were the hallways were completely clear. The twin narrow glass tables are gone. There are no trash bins, coat racks, plastic bins or anything unnecessary in the hallways.

MPD has never said where exactly Missy was found only a general area which would be the Southwest quadrant of the building. There is debate about where exactly she was found. As far as SP walking we only know from the video we have that SP was in every hall (partially) and at least 5 rooms. It is possible (some would say likely) SP entered more rooms than that and traversed more of the halls than we have seen. Since we also cannot guarantee the order we see in the MPD video is in timestamp order it is difficult to put SP's path down in any meaningful way.

The legend at the bottom of the map is the best help I can offer at the moment for working out where something being talked about is located. Maybe save the map and bring it up in an image viewer so you can refer to it would work for you. I wish I could be more helpful than that.

Little tidbit, during a press conference it was stated by MPD, that the (non published) video shows how MB is walking "towards where the attacker was located", something like that. So SP must have been hidden from her view, alcove, room enclosure, small hallway. They saw SP going somewhere and then MB approaching. They did not just run into each other in the main SW hallway.

-Nin

Little tidbit, during a press conference it was stated by MPD, that the (non published) video shows how MB is walking "towards where the attacker was located", something like that. So SP must have been hidden from her view, alcove, room enclosure, small hallway. They saw SP going somewhere and then MB approaching. They did not just run into each other in the main SW hallway.

-Nin

It's my opinion he was lying in wait.

Ok Jethro4WS (I so want to add a Tull to your name)- why is it so important that this had to happen in front of the library in the South hallway? You've been saying this for a long time now so you obviously have a good reason. And even though I can't make sense of it, I'm hoping you will enlighten me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

-Nin
I guess the big question really is - where and when was SP last seen. Depending on where that was we should be able to determine a few things such as whether or not SP was in a position to view Missy's arrival, whether or not SP had to not just be aware of the cameras but was actively determining which ones SP would be seen on, what other video should be available (MPD claims to have some), where Missy was killed, how SP could have gotten out of the church unseen.

We would definitely be able to determine quite a bit - such as where she was killed and/or how SP got out of the church unseen - if we had any footage from cameras at the NW and SE corners and most especially if anything was captured in the main entry area.

Unless the cameras at the NW corner were not working that night there should be video of SP getting to the main entry area, for example, because there isn't a way to get there the first time without tripping a camera. It may be possible to get there a second time unseen and thus out of there unseen via the Sanctuary due to the way the northern doors in the west hall to the sanctuary are set up. There is a folding type outer door there, unlike the other west hall entrance near Holy Grounds, before you get to the doors that open to the sanctuary. Of course it also depends on whether or not a camera viewing the main entry area would pick anything up with the darkness - even if nothing could clearly be discerned it should have at least tripped. I say that only because we can see from the SWFA cameras that the parking lot lights at Creekside were blazing away and there should have been ambient light getting into the main entry area.

In order to get to the bathroom area right at the SW corner we should have screen caps of SP bigger than life getting there. Why MPD would hold onto to those if they wanted any help identifying SP I don't understand so I am inclined to think SP did not go there given we know both cameras were working there. Likewise, we have the open door seen in the footage at the end of the long MPD video and unless there are two doors to the room SP came out of MPD should have a larger than life view of SP walking toward that camera and again I would question why they would hold onto that if they need any help in identifying SP.

So, if MPD would just cough up some more video of SP moving around - and they better not be lying about it - we could resolve more elements of this crime. We know if they release just one frame from the video where Missy was last seen we will be able to determine with high confidence where exactly she was killed.

The only thing that concerns me about anything MPD said early like what you mention is that subsequent to that they were saying they didn't understand the movements of SP in the church either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500