TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking.

I'm open to anything about now.

Did we decide if you could see a car pull into CCoC from SWFA?

I think we need/needed every video tape off any camera on Hwy 287 or street that fed into 287, that could see the road. 3-4 a.m is the least busy hour of the night. Who was moving around at that time and what were they driving (beside passers through)?

These CG classes aren't large (esp. 5 am). Who looks like and walks like SP. We should be able to eliminate pretty quickly.

Motive?

That walk might be due to the padding in the costume.at least somewhat...jmo Motive : Puncture wounds to the head/face area. Puncture wounds to the chest area. A woman with jealousy/anger issues. Resentment. Most of all : revenge for something real or imagined. jmo

Is it normal for churches to have cleaning crews? My parents are LDS and honestly, for all the years I went there I don't ever remember them having a crew come. I think someone from the church did it or people took turns and signed up to do it... even after big events I can't ever remember them hiring people.. maybe it's also cause they consider Sundays a holy day so no one is supposed to work that day so makes sense if the church hadn't been cleaned if they also believe that too? Idk JMO...

All the churches that I have been to (medium to very large) have cleaning crews, though none worked on Sunday. In the large churches, it is an actual paid professional crew. In the smaller church, it was a parishioner who while technically a volunteer, was paid a stipend.

As for the church in question, I would say that more likely than not they have a crew- though one person may serve as the "crew's" captain, navigator and deckhands.

As a side note, evangelical protestant churches often have activities on Wednesdays such as bible studies in addition to Sundays services. This might lead to their cleaning crews (of what ever size) coming on say, Thursday or Friday.

So I wanna know, what do you believe happened? And please explain! I wanna hear some different scenarios of what everyone thinks took place.

Definitely a targeted hit...weeks in the planning. Hated MB with a passion. The Austin Total Transformation trip was the last straw. Killer was aware of this trip in advance due to relationship with participant. Killer researched weather to see when rain would be expected and MB would most likely be training inside. Costume contains shin guards like self-defense instructors wear, self-defense vest with homemade police lettering applied, dark jacket underneath, old wartime helmet, balaclava, mask, face guard, welding gloves, flashlight and tools. Choice of weapon was for maximum pain infliction on MB. Killing was very personal. Killer had possibly been to the church before, watching MB train. Killer is a woman. She thought MB was a threat to her family. Killer has no remorse. Killer posted an angelic selfie on FB day of the murder showing how utterly happy she was. Nissan not involved. Nissan probably a carload of people drinking/doing drugs who pulled in to smoke a joint or engage in sex in the car or scope out the gun store. JMHO

So I wanna know, what do you believe happened? And please explain! I wanna hear some different scenarios of what everyone thinks took place.

Respectfully, there are 35+ threads of our ideas here. Do you mean at this current moment? I know that many of us who have been here since Day 1 have changed our theories along the way so what it is today may be different than tomorrow. :)

JMO

Definitely a targeted hit...weeks in the planning. Hated MB with a passion. The Austin Total Transformation trip was the last straw. Killer was aware of this trip in advance due to relationship with participant. Killer researched weather to see when rain would be expected and MB would most likely be training inside. Costume contains shin guards like self-defense instructors wear, self-defense vest with homemade police lettering applied, dark jacket underneath, old wartime helmet, balaclava, mask, face guard, welding gloves, flashlight and tools. Choice of weapon was for maximum pain infliction on MB. Killing was very personal. Killer had possibly been to the church before, watching MB train. Killer is a woman. She thought MB was a threat to her family. Killer has no remorse. Killer posted an angelic selfie on FB day of the murder showing how utterly happy she was. Nissan not involved. Nissan probably a carload of people drinking/doing drugs who pulled in to smoke a joint or engage in sex in the car or scope out the gun store. JMHO

Still up there on my list.

Welding gloves? That's the first time I've seen that. Why welding gloves? Those are pretty stiff and cumbersome. Did you gather that from the video? Wouldn't they impede? Was a gun used then?

We have tried to figure out how the SP left so quickly. We assume due to the short amount of time this was a targeted hit. Do we know if everyone entered at the same time? Let's just assume that everyone that was attending that morning went to the door where MB truck was parked. The SP could leave in a car while everyone was attending to her. Looking at the pictures you can hardly see the entrance/exit if you are on the side with her truck. Also, any way to know where the participants park? If they park near her truck they may not see people coming and going. Maybe the suspect had cased her classes before. Were there any late arrivals that day? The SP could even assume that if they leave right at 5 am everyone will already be there and the SP could leave in a car without anyone even knowing.

Are you thinking that the perp left on foot and was met in another location after the murder?

Please be kind as I haven't gone back through all 40 threads. On the timeline it says suspect first appears and then MB truck. So is the first sign of the suspect inside?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Please be kind as I haven't gone back through all 40 threads. On the timeline it says suspect first appears and then MB truck. So is the first sign of the suspect inside?

From what we gathered on here and from LE, the suspect was in the church before Missy came. We do not know the exact time he or she arrived at the church but the perp was definitely there before Missy when he or she was first observed on camera inside.

From what we gathered on here and from LE, the suspect was in the church before Missy came. We do not know the exact time he or she arrived at the church but the perp was definitely there before Missy when he or she was first observed on camera inside.
Ok, thank you! So it seems LE likely has video of the suspect arriving and entering that has not been released?

Would be hard to drive wearing that get up and even at 4:00 AM walking in it would arouse suspicion.

I guess I'll have to keep reading all the threads as I'm guessing this has been discussed early on.

I still go between thinking it was a hired hit (or actual family member) due to the ongoing marital and financial struggles or that it was a person she had an affair with who was worried his spouse would find out (or spouse did find out and killed her). But I lean toward the former.

I believe the timeline says the suspect is first seen on camera at 3:50 am and MB arrives at 4:18 am. LE specifically states they do not know what time the suspect arrived at the church, that they may have spent some time there in the church off camera.

I have always wondered about a janitorial/cleaning crew...and how it was known that there would not be that kind of presence IN the church or arriving at that time. This is a big, beautiful church. They have full time office hours and admin staff. I checked the schedule, and there are morning prayer meetings. After a weekend of services, children being in the church, meetings, events....an early Monday morning cleaning presence would be on anyone's mind.

It is not unusual for cleaning crews to be there at the time SP was in the building. I am steadfastly in the planned camp, so my thought is this information was either known or gleaned...You don't plan that much, but fall down on such a detail.

IMO.

Ok, thank you! So it seems LE likely has video of the suspect arriving and entering that has not been released?

Would be hard to drive wearing that get up and even at 4:00 AM walking in it would arouse suspicion.

I guess I'll have to keep reading all the threads as I'm guessing this has been discussed early on.

They do not have video of the suspect arriving or entering because the outside cameras were not working.

They do not have video of the suspect arriving or entering because the outside cameras were not working.

Also, IMO, suspicious. Along with some other factors that seem too good to be true, what are the possibilities of the outside cams just "not working" that day? I am, of course, sure that LE has looked into that -- how long the outside cams had been malfunctioning, turned off, or if they were dummy cams, which the church wouldn't want broadcasted.

Still up there on my list.

Welding gloves? That's the first time I've seen that. Why welding gloves? Those are pretty stiff and cumbersome. Did you gather that from the video? Wouldn't they impede? Was a gun used then?

I'm not really sure on the gloves - they just appear to be elbow length brown rubber gloves & I shouldn't have said welding gloves I guess. :)

I don't believe a gun was used.

here's an image of how the gloves appear to me but in the video they are brown

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...cleaning-neoprene-gloves_60075938072.html?s=p

or like these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-5-Inch-L...e966ac4&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=192037243856

I agree, I wonder where this camera is bbm

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

snipped from media/timeline thread.

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

Her vehicle is seen on surveillance driving into the lot, yet suspects is not?

Is the camera that sees a car parked in the distance the same camera that sees her vehicle drive into the lot that doesn't see suspects vehicle drive in.?

Respectfully, there are 35+ threads of our ideas here. Do you mean at this current moment? I know that many of us who have been here since Day 1 have changed our theories along the way so what it is today may be different than tomorrow. :)

JMO

I mean, at this point in time 9 months later what do you think happened to Missy Bevers?

A camper arrived very early. Broke into the church. Changed into the SP outfit. Waited for MB. Killed MB when she came into the church. Changed clothes. Exited the church and waited in their vehicle for the rest of the campers to arrive. Stashed their SP clothing in the trunk of their car. Their apparent innocence and acting skills fooled LE. Well, you did say you wanted different scenarios...jmo

Thank you Liz b and MrsPC!! And amateurpi1 sorry I didn't get a chance to read yours before I replied.. lol I want to hear some scenarios like this! Let's get some good discussions going on ��

I agree, I wonder where this camera is bbm

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

snipped from media/timeline thread.

• Monday, April 18, 2016: 3:50 A.M. – Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
• Monday, April 18, 2016: 4:16 A.M. – Mrs. Bevers’ pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot.

Her vehicle is seen on surveillance driving into the lot, yet suspects is not?

Is the camera that sees a car parked in the distance the same camera that sees her vehicle drive into the lot that doesn't see suspects vehicle drive in.?

Just to add to the timeline...
4:35 AM- participant in CG arrives at location. Did the first early arrival appear on camera or was this reported to LE. Makes me wonder. Such an early morning class and they arrived 25 minutes early. Not saying they are "guilty" for getting there early but just seems a bit "off" to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wondered about a janitorial/cleaning crew...and how it was known that there would not be that kind of presence IN the church or arriving at that time. This is a big, beautiful church. They have full time office hours and admin staff. I checked the schedule, and there are morning prayer meetings. After a weekend of services, children being in the church, meetings, events....an early Monday morning cleaning presence would be on anyone's mind.

It is not unusual for cleaning crews to be there at the time SP was in the building. I am steadfastly in the planned camp, so my thought is this information was either known or gleaned...You don't plan that much, but fall down on such a detail.

IMO.

Most churches are closed on Friday's since they work weekends. If they have people working on Friday, it's usually office staff...all that to say majority of the churches I know have their cleaning crews come in Friday. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most churches are closed on Friday's since they work weekends. If they have people working on Friday, it's usually office staff...all that to say majority of the churches I know have their cleaning crews come in Friday. JMO

Hi Janesmith!

I am having a problem with quoting members right now - not sure why.

I am not sure if you're thinking of smaller churches. Perhaps not. In my experience, FWIW,churches like CCOC typically have cleaning staff daily due to the constant flow of events, meetings, classes and activities in the church, 6-7 days a week. Looking at Creekside, it's busy almost every day with groups and meetings. Also, members hold private family events at the church. Of course, weddings are held, funerals, baptisms, on and on...

I think the office is closed only on Fridays. I am from New England and growing up my church was unassuming and old-fashioned. When I moved to North Carolina at one point, I accompanied a friend to church. It was like no church I had ever seen or imagined. Large, beautiful, modern, and an active hub for the community. I called it a "TV church." There were many in the South.

I pulled a link from the CCOS site just to show a view of their Sunday worship service. As an aside, while the adults are in service on Sundays, there are children's groups, nursery care, and teen groups. If there is ever a day a cleaning is needed....:)

http://www.creeksidecc.com/gatherings/

Is it OK to post this link? I am never quite sure.

All IMO. And, I have never been inside CCOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member