TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re septic tank. Remember. There's a creek right there. Septic fields and creeks don't mix well.

Note. Churches use little water. As in. Less than a lot of Houses. Used only a few hours a week and no bathing.

Also note that septic tanks, especially newer ones (up to code), are not at all easy to get into. You don't just quickly lift the cover and dump something in.

Does anyone have the link to BB's sister's interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 threads and counting! I am relatively new here. Is this the most posted case ever on websleuths?
Just to give you some perspective, the 'guilt phase' trial (alone) of Jodie Arias generated almost 10X as many threads as the 19 we have so far for the Missy Bevers case.

Then there were/are a number of related discussion topics as well, like discussions about her journals and of course the death penalty phase.

I wonder why the media is saying nothing about last nights police presence
I think that would be of interest in any community

I really hope last nights events mean that they are close to making an arrest. If they were just looking for evidence why would it take 10 SUVs? They would have a van of some sort collecting evidence. The presence of 10 black SUVs screams raid and arrest to me. Praying I'm right and we hear of an arrest very soon!

Hoping LE makes some sort of statement at tonight's event.

I honestly don't think they know who the perp is. If so, they would head on over and search their home and car before any evidence could be lost. I think they have ideas but nothing solid to claim a suspect, which is disappointing.

I really hope last nights events mean that they are close to making an arrest. If they were just looking for evidence why would it take 10 SUVs? They would have a van of some sort collecting evidence. The presence of 10 black SUVs screams raid and arrest to me. Praying I'm right and we hear of an arrest very soon!

Thank you, i share this opinion of yours, especially Midlothian being this small county if i have correct assumption. 10 police SUV's again, i can only compare to Finland, i have only seen on tv on pictures related to major crime OR in my town of about 100 000 people in some sort of training operation LE tells the public about well in advance. More than anything i hope we are right! Starting to write here was the best decision in ages for me although my hubby disagrees!

edit: typo

Hi. Been lurking and registered when Glammie reported the police presence on Mt. Zion Road. I checked Missy Bevers' CG page and she had mentioned having a 9 a.m. class near the senior center and Navarro and another landmark that I forget. I googled and saw that Navarro College is on Mt. Zion and the Midlothian Senior Center is nearby. Maybe Glammie or Dentalqueen will let us know if that's near the spot the police were last night. (Never been to Midlothian.) Thanks.

Thank you, i share this opinion of yours, especially Midlothian being this small county if i have correct assumption. 10 police SUV's again, i can only compare to Finland, i have only seen on tv on pictures related to major crime OR in my town of about 100 000 people in some sort of training operation LE tells the public about well in advance. More than anything i hope we are right! Starting to write here was the best decision in ages for me although my hubby disagrees!

edit: typo

Glad that you found us! Midlothian is a fairly small town in the county of Ellis in the state of Texas. JMO

Hi. Been lurking and registered when Glammie reported the police presence on Mt. Zion Road. I checked Missy Bevers' CG page and she had mentioned having a 9 a.m. class near the senior center and Navarro and another landmark that I forget. I googled and saw that Navarro College is on Mt. Zion and the Midlothian Senior Center is nearby. Maybe Glammie or Dentalqueen will let us know if that's near the spot the police were last night. (Never been to Midlothian.) Thanks.

Welcome :wagon:

Where the abandoned houses are does not really give easy access to the community center. There's plenty of parking at the community center and right around it, so if the cops were specifically going there they would have been parked in those lots, not by the abandoned houses. IMO/JMO

I've thought a fair bit about this too. It wasn't just an average-sized bundle - pants, shirt, etc. It was likely quite bulky, maybe even padded. It would have been large, especially if boots and helmet were discarded. For that reason, my personal guess is it's somewhere pretty remote rather than nearby. There were folks on the SW list that had a large window of time following the murder to dispose of evidence.

I've been thinking about this, too. And, some questions come to mind with each scenario. If Swatperp ambushed Missy at about 4:20 per timeline, yet was presumably off the immediate property by 4:35 when first camper arrived, then the short time period also raises questions:

- If he killed her between 4:20 and 4:25, you'd think he'd not waste any time fleeing the crime scene, as he wouldn't necessarily know if a camper (like Camper 1) would arrive early. I'd also think that a perp who went to this much trouble to disguise his identity and protect himself from DNA evidence would not be sloppy about SWAT gear removal and disposal, in spite of the tight time frame.

Some exit scenarios:

I. unknown car is still in parking lot and he runs out of the building to that car and leaves (with or without accomplice who may have been lookout). If accomplice is driving, he changes out his SWAT clothes in car and they possibly ditch the clothing as they drive away.

Questions to address with car exit scenario:

1. We aren't told by LE if the unknown "car seen parked in the distance" on a video feed (church's or gunshop's??) is actually a car seen parked in the church lot, or a street, or wherever...nor do we know if that car was still parked there at the time of Missy's murder. If that car is relevant, is it perp's car or an accomplice's car? Could it be a drop-off and maybe a lookout car, but not a getaway car? Does the presence of an unknown car at some point in the video feed mean the unknown car had to be there from 3:50am until her murder, and therefore must also be a getaway car?

2. If the car WAS parked in the church lot, and if it WAS seen parked there after Missy enters the building at 4:18, was it a getaway car? If so, then with regards to the tight timeline we have this to consider if it is used as a getaway car:

- Swatperp has now contaminated getaway car with crime scene DNA by jumping into car for speedy getaway

- Swatperp (if driving, without accomplice) can't change out of swat gear until reaching next destination (which means more contamination at new site if it's a building or home)

- Swatperp risks being seen on area surveillance cameras anywhere along the route to his next destination - and at 4:30 AM, not many cars would be out, making it relatively easier to track down the ones which ARE seen at that hour

II. Swatperp exits via motorbike or bike hidden on church property.

Notes:

1. He'd be riding in swat gear, though if he ripped off police labels, that might not merit a second glance if seen on the road. But surveillance cams might also pick him up as with the car scenario.

2. if riding away on the off-road trails on north side of the church, it would be muddy and tricky (particularly if on bike) though not necessarily impossible. But at some point perp would still have to make his way to a road due to rural property lines having barbed wire fences.

III. Swatperp exits on foot.

Notes about this scenario:

1. Swatperp could follow the creek line north of the church for a couple miles without dealing with residential barb-wire fencing issue.

2. Swatperp could also use creek (depending on depth or rushing water) to rinse off some crime scene DNA and/or stop human scent (if dogs happened to be used for tracking).

3. Swatperp is far enough away from rural residences north of the church that even if homeowners' dogs barked, the owners wouldn't see anything if Swatperp is walking in dark swat uniform in the dense forestation along the creek line.

4. Even if Swatperp walks the entire time of his getaway, he can cover at least 2 miles by the time LE even arrives at the crime scene approximately 45 minutes after it's surmised MB was attacked and left for dead (approx. 4:20 to 4:35). And even if Swatperp was killing her as late as 4:45, he still had a 30-minute jump on escape by foot. Even a mile can be covered in that amount of time.

5. If Swatperp strips down somewhere along the creek line and puts the SWAT gear and some rocks in a folded up bag (perhaps carried in a compartment of his gear), and dumps the weighted bag in an area pond or reservoir, he can then emerge and enter the roadways wearing 'jogging clothes' and wet sneakers, and continue on to his morning destination. Which 'jogger' would not necessarily cause suspicion if seen by locals or even the emergency responders who may have even passed him on the road going or coming from the crime scene. (And who I hope have been asked.)

6. Swat person has then dealt with risks of crime scene DNA contamination, area video surveillance, and swat gear disposal.

I cannot be any more specific about this scenario, my POI, and my POI's destination without breaking TOS, but I've played this over in my head for 3 weeks, now, and it truly would work within the timeframe. Obviously I think Swatperp is a local, familiar with the area, and also fit enough to hike along a creek line for his escape route. Perhaps even a local sometimes seen fishing at an area reservoir, or one who might know of a rowboat out there used for that purpose in the mornings. And a local whose usual Monday morning destination is within less than a 5 mile radius of the Creekside Church.

Re septic tank. Remember. There's a creek right there. Septic fields and creeks don't mix well.

Note. Churches use little water. As in. Less than a lot of Houses. Used only a few hours a week and no bathing.

The waste still has to go somewhere. If the church has a septic, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out looking in it. Jmo

In this interview, BB sister KS says that her mom MT called her "in a panic" about 5:30 am because her mom got a call from BB "who was out of town" telling her that "Missy had been in a bad wreck." http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Kr...w_Dallas-Fort-Worth-376626731.html?akmobile=o

Wow, that interview is just heart wrenching. No child should ever have to go through that! I am a mother of 4 and can't imagine not being able to watch my children grow up.
I'm just praying that there will be justice served. I have faith that LE is doing their job and doing a thorough investigation. Even smart criminals slip up.

I've thought a fair bit about this too. It wasn't just an average-sized bundle - pants, shirt, etc. It was likely quite bulky, maybe even padded. It would have been large, especially if boots and helmet were discarded. For that reason, my personal guess is it's somewhere pretty remote rather than nearby. There were folks on the SW list that had a large window of time following the murder to dispose of evidence.
Are there abandoned wells in the area where you could drop the swat uniform, padding and helmet?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member