TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also note that septic tanks, especially newer ones (up to code), are not at all easy to get into. You don't just quickly lift the cover and dump something in.

And I don't see the perp hanging around the scene to dispose of anything - get away first, then do it (if it was done).

I've been thinking about this, too. And, some questions come to mind with each scenario. If Swatperp ambushed Missy at about 4:20 per timeline, yet was presumably off the immediate property by 4:35 when first camper arrived, then the short time period also raises questions:

- If he killed her between 4:20 and 4:25, you'd think he'd not waste any time fleeing the crime scene, as he wouldn't necessarily know if a camper (like Camper 1) would arrive early. I'd also think that a perp who went to this much trouble to disguise his identity and protect himself from DNA evidence would not be sloppy about SWAT gear removal and disposal, in spite of the tight time frame.

Some exit scenarios:

I. unknown car is still in parking lot and he runs out of the building to that car and leaves (with or without accomplice who may have been lookout). If accomplice is driving, he changes out his SWAT clothes in car and they possibly ditch the clothing as they drive away.

Questions to address with car exit scenario:

1. We aren't told by LE if the unknown "car seen parked in the distance" on a video feed (church's or gunshop's??) is actually a car seen parked in the church lot, or a street, or wherever...nor do we know if that car was still parked there at the time of Missy's murder. If that car is relevant, is it perp's car or an accomplice's car? Could it be a drop-off and maybe a lookout car, but not a getaway car? Does the presence of an unknown car at some point in the video feed mean the unknown car had to be there from 3:50am until her murder, and therefore must also be a getaway car?

2. If the car WAS parked in the church lot, and if it WAS seen parked there after Missy enters the building at 4:18, was it a getaway car? If so, then with regards to the tight timeline we have this to consider if it is used as a getaway car:

- Swatperp has now contaminated getaway car with crime scene DNA by jumping into car for speedy getaway

- Swatperp (if driving, without accomplice) can't change out of swat gear until reaching next destination (which means more contamination at new site if it's a building or home)

- Swatperp risks being seen on area surveillance cameras anywhere along the route to his next destination - and at 4:30 AM, not many cars would be out, making it relatively easier to track down the ones which ARE seen at that hour

II. Swatperp exits via motorbike or bike hidden on church property.

Notes:

1. He'd be riding in swat gear, though if he ripped off police labels, that might not merit a second glance if seen on the road. But surveillance cams might also pick him up as with the car scenario.

2. if riding away on the off-road trails on north side of the church, it would be muddy and tricky (particularly if on bike) though not necessarily impossible. But at some point perp would still have to make his way to a road due to rural property lines having barbed wire fences.

III. Swatperp exits on foot.

Notes about this scenario:

1. Swatperp could follow the creek line north of the church for a couple miles without dealing with residential barb-wire fencing issue.

2. Swatperp could also use creek (depending on depth or rushing water) to rinse off some crime scene DNA and/or stop human scent (if dogs happened to be used for tracking).

3. Swatperp is far enough away from rural residences north of the church that even if homeowners' dogs barked, the owners wouldn't see anything if Swatperp is walking in dark swat uniform in the dense forestation along the creek line.

4. Even if Swatperp walks the entire time of his getaway, he can cover at least 2 miles by the time LE even arrives at the crime scene approximately 45 minutes after it's surmised MB was attacked and left for dead (approx. 4:20 to 4:35). And even if Swatperp was killing her as late as 4:45, he still had a 30-minute jump on escape by foot. Even a mile can be covered in that amount of time.

5. If Swatperp strips down somewhere along the creek line and puts the SWAT gear and some rocks in a folded up bag (perhaps carried in a compartment of his gear), and dumps the weighted bag in an area pond or reservoir, he can then emerge and enter the roadways wearing 'jogging clothes' and wet sneakers, and continue on to his morning destination. Which 'jogger' would not necessarily cause suspicion if seen by locals or even the emergency responders who may have even passed him on the road going or coming from the crime scene. (And who I hope have been asked.)

6. Swat person has then dealt with risks of crime scene DNA contamination, area video surveillance, and swat gear disposal.

I cannot be any more specific about this scenario, my POI, and my POI's destination without breaking TOS, but I've played this over in my head for 3 weeks, now, and it truly would work within the timeframe. Obviously I think Swatperp is a local, familiar with the area, and also fit enough to hike along a creek line for his escape route. Perhaps even a local sometimes seen fishing at an area reservoir, or one who might know of a rowboat out there used for that purpose in the mornings. And a local whose usual Monday morning destination is within less than a 5 mile radius of the Creekside Church.

Very well thought out post. Thanks

The waste still has to go somewhere. If the church has a septic, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out looking in it. Jmo

Would be genius if feasible. Might be embarrassing to sleuth. Chances are if it exists, it is well hidden and probably secured (liability).

From the interviews I've watched, blogs and articles I've read, there was a flurry of calls exchanged amongst family members within an hour or two of the murder. None of that sounds unusual to me - even the mistaken information that there had been an "accident". I know from experience how bad news travels. Everyone is in a heightened state of panic and emotion. Mistaken information gets blurted out, assumptions are made, then inaccurate information gets repeated as news spreads.

I recall when learning of a deceased friend, someone in the grapevine had said "They're not dead! I was just with them!" which got misconstrued and passed along as "____ says they're alive. They were together." I think this sort of thing happens a lot.

The waste still has to go somewhere. If the church has a septic, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out looking in it. Jmo

Yes, it is something to be considered, but as I said, the covers are usually quite difficult to remove (some require special tools) and there would be most likely be evidence that it had been recently removed.

Yes, it is something to be considered, but as I said, the covers are usually quite difficult to remove (some require special tools) and there would be most likely be evidence that it had been recently removed.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.
Jmo

I don't see a female perp "walking" to get away. I think there was a car or an accomplice. So there is dna somewhere. For all we know, LE already has a vehicle. Also as far as dumping the gear, a quick trip down the road to Dallas and some unknown dumpster would be the best bet. With all the planning that went in to this, I don't see them tossing anything quickly.

I've been thinking about this, too.

<snippety snip>

Some exit scenarios:

<more snippage>

Interesting ideas. My thoughts all along have been along the lines of an on foot-to-motorcycle getaway scenario. I hope we learn more about this soon.

I have always wondered if I would even notice a vehicle if I were in MB's shoes. I'm a woman, and I consider myself very wary and hyper-attentive with regards to personal safety. I thought about it and can't really say for sure if I would be suspicious of a vehicle parked near a church. I once had a job at a place with three organizations under one roof. It was a 9-5 office building, but occasionally I or others in my department worked all-nighters and weekends. It wasn't unusual for random people to just show up at any odd hour. Cleaning crew, maintenance, whatever. Sometimes there were vehicles left in the lot overnight for some reason or another. Car trouble, company cars, etc. Whats my point... I tend to ramble. Oh yeah. I think I'd be wary or even alarmed if I saw a person I didn't recognize, but not necessarily if I saw a strange vehicle. Especially at a building that so many people in the community use for various purposes.

MPD just posted a response on their FB that the incident on Mt Zion did not involve them. Said they do not have any info but will try to obtain some. IMO I find that weird that there would be other LE agencies conducting business in Midlothian without MPD actually knowing, but JMO.....

Editing to add that the response was to a person's post on their page asking what was going on. It is not a post from them on their front page. You have to go look at the visitor's posts to see it.

MPD just posted a response on their FB that the incident on Mt Zion did not involve them. Said they do not have any info but will try to obtain some. IMO I find that weird that there would be other LE agencies conducting business in Midlothian without MPD actually knowing, but JMO.....

Yea that doesn't make sense at all, they obviously would have been aware. I find that response odd and doesn't add up

Im wondering when the police arrived at the church if they searched any of cg vehicles and 911 caller vehicles?

Editing to add that the response was to a person's post on their page asking what was going on. It is not a post from them on their front page. You have to go look at the visitor's posts to see it.

I wish LE would give another press conference or update even if only to say the leads are promising or they are still checking leads, etc. :waiting:

First post alert (be gentle)...I found you guys about two weeks ago when I googled two names together. I was so glad to know I wasn't a one woman operation. I haven't read from the beginning so forgive if mentioned. A player on my son's select soccer team walks just like SwapPerp, and he has rheumatoid arthritis. He is still in fantastic shape and a great athlete.

I was sure SwatPerp was female until I saw the lightened picture posted (I think Monday?). The only thing that bothered me about my female theory was the arm crossing high on chest. Females usually cross their arms under their breasts, and SwatPerp did not cross under breasts. Maybe with all the gear on this would change that though? If female, I would expect her to be more on the busty side as she didn't look super petite. I would think arms would have been crossed lower. I never could get past this issue.

The lightened picture does not look like a female to me. I'm back to square one. My kids really want better dinners again so someone needs to figure this out. I think it is a good sign we are getting no info from LE though. Let's hope they are close for Misssy and her family.

Is there a UPS outlet nearby?
Maybe the "uniform" was packaged and sent away somewhere?
speculation, imo.

lol not sure, could be JonBenetRamsey JMO

That's who I was just about to say!

And, I just looked and there are well over a million posts in the Caylee Anthony threads (although there was obviously a POI in that case).

The JonBenet subforum is massive though... as well as the Travis Alexander / Jodi Arias discussions.

Im wondering when the police arrived at the church if they searched any of cg vehicles and 911 caller vehicles?

I mentioned LE would have to get SW for anyone's car. Maybe they did but we only know of the one for MB.

.48 seconds mark Brandon was receiving information from the friends who found Missy.
I feel pretty confident that BB found out very early from this friend about the horrible condition of her body and quickly learned that she was murdered. JMO.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Maybe it was the h/w of the daughters friend that had their phone numbers and were in CG

First post alert (be gentle)...I found you guys about two weeks ago when I googled two names together. I was so glad to know I wasn't a one woman operation. I haven't read from the beginning so forgive if mentioned. A player on my son's select soccer team walks just like SwapPerp, and he has rheumatoid arthritis. He is still in fantastic shape and a great athlete.

I was sure SwatPerp was female until I saw the lightened picture posted (I think Monday?). The only thing that bothered me about my female theory was the arm crossing high on chest. Females usually cross their arms under their breasts, and SwatPerp did not cross under breasts. Maybe with all the gear on this would change that though? If female, I would expect her to be more on the busty side as she didn't look super petite. I would think arms would have been crossed lower. I never could get past this issue.

The lightened picture does not look like a female to me. I'm back to square one. My kids really want better dinners again so someone needs to figure this out. I think it is a good sign we are getting no info from LE though. Let's hope they are close for Misssy and her family.

Great to have you here.
LOL about the dinners!!!!

I think your point about the crossed arms is a very good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads