GUILTY TX - Three people shot at Lone Star College, Houston, 22 Jan 2013

I don't think we know enough about this one to classify it yet.

Respectfully, how else could it be classified? Accidental? :(

ETA: my apologies! I didn't even think of a gunfight with bystanders. I am sorry.

My daughter just said "That's it! I'm going to college online. I want an education, not
a memorialization." :(

Can't say I blame her...

There's a thread over at Free Republic with several posts saying it started with a fight between two young men who then pulled guns and shot it out. At least one bystander was injured. One of the shooters escaped.

I'm looking for a corroborating report.

My daughter just said "That's it! I'm going to college online. I want an education, not
a memorialization." :(

Can't say I blame her...

I'm afraid that's what it will come to. Too dangerous to leave our homes. :(

My in-laws live in Houston. Just texted MIL to see if she had any updates we didn't yet have. Waiting......

Someone from college on phone now.

Appears (unconfirmed) it was a shooting between 2 individuals. One shooter was also shot and is in custody - the other shooter fled and is unaccounted for. Two people hit by crossfire. Unknown what area or where it happened. All wounded have been transported. Don't think anyone was killed - but can't confirm.

JMHO

There's a thread over at Free Republic with several posts saying it started with a fight between two young men who then pulled guns and shot it out. At least one bystander was injured. One of the shooters escaped.

I'm looking for a corroborating report.

Another comment said it was probably a student loan officer who got shot after the students realized they had gotten ripped off for a worthless education, so grain of salt. They seem to think it's funny.

Ok - added that it is not still an active scene - clarified that the second shooter fled campus and is at large. So it is now an LE situation - since 2nd shooter is off campus.
Still evacuating campus.

(How would they know the shooter left campus? Its a big place. But maybe someone saw shooter get in car and drive off?)

JMHO

Someone from college on phone now.

Appears (unconfirmed) it was a shooting between 2 individuals. One shooter was also shot and is in custody - the other shooter fled and is unaccounted for. Two people hit by crossfire. Unknown what area or where it happened. All wounded have been transported. Don't think anyone was killed - but can't confirm.

JMHO

I hope hope hope nobody is dead!!!

Why did these people have GUNS to attend class? Ugh.

Poor innocent bystander.

Ok - added that it is not still an active scene - clarified that the second shooter fled campus and is at large. So it is now an LE situation - since 2nd shooter is off campus.
Still evacuating campus.

(How would they know the shooter left campus? Its a big place. But maybe someone saw shooter get in car and drive off?)

JMHO

It did look HUGE! Very open campus.

I hope the other shooter doesn't go all cowboy on some other people or stage a standoff. Surely they know who he is by now. Hope they arrest him safely.

updated 10 minutes ago:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/P...lege/-/1735978/18233132/-/rsq5ey/-/index.html

Deputy constables said they have at least one person detained, but have not said if that person is a suspected shooter.

Investigators said a second suspect, an 18- to 20-year-old black male wearing a red shirt and Falcons cap, fled north of campus to a nearby subdivision. Deputies are actively searching for him.

...Some students said two men were involved in a dispute and both pulled at guns and began firing at each other. Law enforcement officials have not confirmed those accounts.

Student on the phone. She was in English class, waiting for class to start. She heard 5 or 6 shots out in the hallway. They closed the blinds and pushed tables in front of the door. She said it happened in the hallway and was very close to the library. That poor girl - she sounded so upset.

New guy on phone - saying 3 wounded included one of the shooters and a 4th person suffered a heart attack.

(My take - this was an argument during class change and two idjits decided to try to settle it with a gun. Why TWO people on campus were carrying - IDK.)

JMHO

Are guns allowed on campuses in Texas? I can't seem to find that info, only the concealed weapons aren't allowed.

Student on the phone. She was in English class, waiting for class to start. She heard 5 or 6 shots out in the hallway. They closed the blinds and pushed tables in front of the door. She said it happened in the hallway and was very close to the library. That poor girl - she sounded so upset.

New guy on phone - saying 3 wounded included one of the shooters and a 4th person suffered a heart attack.

(My take - this was an argument during class change and two idjits decided to try to settle it with a gun. Why TWO people on campus were carrying - IDK.)

JMHO

Guns are banned on all school campuses in Texas (unless it is a police officer). My guess is something was brewing between these 2 dudes, be it drugs, gangs, or over a girl.

Are guns allowed on campuses in Texas? I can't seem to find that info, only the concealed weapons aren't allowed.

They are banned. We don't have an open carry law like Oklahoma does now.

I think we are going to see a lot more rampage shootings. God help us.

This is just terrible, I cannot believe there is another one so soon, but it should be a surprise to no one really. So sorry for your country losing all these wonderful innocent young lives. These school shootings are almost a form of terrorism...except they have no political "message" or even intelligent reasoning.:banghead:

Australia had the largest gun massacre ever, in Port Arthur. In the 18 years leading up to Port Arthur, we suffered 13 such massacres. In the 16 years since Port Arthur, we have had zero.

John Howard PM risked his leadership and his party to enforce an NFA (National Firearms Agreement). Obama is attempting the same, and we can only hope he follows the John Howard model. I suspect he will. (I love Obama!)

As a direct result of our NFA, there has not been another massacre since, and gun suicides have also fallen, and are not being replaced by other methods.

Fifteen years later, Howard has been vindicated. In an article published today, researchers at Harvard University review the evidence on the impact of the reforms, concluding, ''The National Firearms Agreement seems to have been incredibly successful in terms of lives saved.''

To be specific, we've had no gun massacres since 1996, compared with 13 such tragedies during the previous 18 years. (A massacre is defined as the killing of four or more people.) Total gun deaths have been reduced: gun homicides and gun suicides had been falling gradually before Port Arthur, but the reforms in 1996 caused that decline to accelerate dramatically. In the early 1990s, about 600 Australians were dying each year by gunfire; that figure is now fewer than 250.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/socie...her-tragedy-20110427-1dwmx.html#ixzz2Ijfzj2YC

The NFA is not about withholding guns from those with genuine reasons for having them. Australia went on to win gold in shooting in the next Olympics. It is about keeping them out of the hands of those with criminal intent and the only people who will lose out with an NFA are those with a violent mentality.

You don't have to sit back and wait for the next school room full of dead babies. You can make a change. It can be done, but the people have to decide they have had enough of the carnage.

To date, one's individual right to bear arms is generally deemed more important in the US, than public safety. :(

I hope Obama changes that...otherwise yes, brace yourself for more massacres. Each one that hits the headlines will bring out its own "copycats".

It even seems to be becoming "fashionable" amongst some teenagers to plan school shootouts/bombings/acts of violence and this will probably escalate also in our fame-hungry facebooking youth.

Those wishing for peace, please support Obama. It really is the only way. America is at a cross roads in history, finally with a leader with enough balls and conscience to act for the greater good. Please don't squander this chance by blocking an NFA.

:please:

Precinct 4: Three people shot at Lone Star College in North Harris County

one Star College student Brittany Mobley said she saw the whole thing happen.
"I saw two dudes basically get into an altercation and the dude that shot, he basically got angry and started shooting the other guy," said Mobley. "A lot of people heard a lot of shots."

Mobley said the suspect had the gun hidden in his clothes.
"Basically, I seen the dude that shot him and as soon as I heard the bullets flying and the gun being fired off, then everyone started running and it was a hint for me to start running as well," Mobley said.

KHOU 11 News stringer Lloyd Overcash saw one male being brought out of the library on a stretcher. He was reportedly handcuffed to the stretcher, according to witnesses.

more at link .............. http://www.khou.com/home/Reports-of...College-in-North-Harris-County-187912461.html

REMINDER!

Take the gun control comments to the private forum, UNLESS it relates directly to this college.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196124"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

News conference at 4 p.m. Central per KHOU.

Update: Texas Trauma Institute won't receive patients from Lone Star College shooting; 2 treated at Ben Taub General Hospital - @NBCNews

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back