UFO spotted over Phoenix, AZ

Would you share your "ghost" stories with us? By the way, do you ever watch Ghost Hunters?

Actually I wouldnt mind at all and yes I watch ghost hunters sometimes, its very interesting although I dont believe all of the shows. I lived in 2 story nice but really old house with my mom and my best friend in her mom. Things didnt start right away but after about 3 months of living there on Halloween of all nights I felt tired after a party (I was 12 by the way) and I went upstairs to my room to bed. My room actually was the attic made into a bedroom and it had these two doors with latches on the wall to get into the space in the attic. I fell asleep and woke up to loud banging comming from inside the walls. I shrugged it off as a dream. Then My best friend and everyone was one and I was laying on the couch watching tv downstairs and I could hear things slamming and sounds of someone stomping up there. I was so scared I called my mom home from work and I was hysterical. When she got home it quit. This happened a few more times and only to me not anyone else in the house. The very last time it happened it got really bad, door knobs were jiggling and stuff was falling upstairs and I called my mom again and she came home and sat down and proceeded to tell me how she was gonna send me away because she thought I was doing it for attention and sure enough as she said those words a door slammed and something fell, we moved out 2 weeks later. She still apologizes. 2 years ago me and my sister in law went by there and talked to the new owners and I asked them about it and the man said his wife kept hearing stuff but he figured it was only animals or something. Then he said it got really bad she didnt want to live there anymore after all the work they had done to it. He did say that he never heard anything though. Needless to say no one has been living there for a while its had a for sale sign in the yard for a while. I just recently found out that a man had shot himself in my moms room. Thats why I get mad when people dont believe in ghosts cuz I tell you what it happened to me.

They were probably flares. We had a similar event in my small town. It involved a helium filled industrial size garbage bag and reflective tape. When sun up came the next morning, LE found a rope in a field and followed it to where the alien craft had landed. It looked bazarre when it was in the air. It was all over the news and people were scared to go to bed.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...008/04/22/20080422abrk-strangelights0422.html

There could be a less-than-supernatural explanation behind the strange lights that appeared over Phoenix on Monday night, according to one Phoenix man.
Lino Mailo, 44, said he saw his neighbor launch several helium balloons with flares attached to them from the back porch of his north Phoenix home. Mailo said the balloons took off about 8 p.m., right before the mysterious lights were spotted.

Amanda,

We have experienced much of the same in a home we lived in a few years ago. Footsteps in our hallway, during early morning hours, when no one was yet awake, thumps in our wall over our fireplace, lights going on and off and a TV set 'changing channels' ALL BY ITSELF, are just some of the things we've experienced.

I'll never forget the channel surfing TV! I was cooking dinner one night and I was watching the Scott Peterson trial. I was bent over looking for a can of tomato sauce when all of a sudden, I hear Dick Van Dyke's voice. Then I hear Laura Petrie's voice and I'm thinking, "Huh, why am I hearing the Dick Van Dyke show when I had had Court TV playing." I look up and sure enough, the Dick Van Dyke show is playing.

I didn't change that channel. My son didn't change the channel (he was in his room playing video games). No one else was in our home but the two of us.

So...I go to change the channel back to Court TV, and for some weird reason, I couldn't get it to change. The TV channels just kept rolliing and wouldn't stop. Finally, I was able to get it back to Court TV, but 15 minutes or so later, the same thing happened again. Only that time, I was standing right in front of the TV when it happened! The TV channel just started rolling...

The footsteps in our hallway were really weird. Our son and I had been 'camping' out in our den one evening (we used to watch movies together and make it a sleep-over in our den when he was younger). This one particular evening was a Friday evening -- we had gone to sleep and around 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., I hear footsteps going down our long hallway. I thought it was my husband and I turned around on the couch to look toward the entry way into our den to ask him why he was up so early, as he ALWAYS sleeps in on the weekends.

There was no one there. The footsteps literally stopped right at that entryway.

I never had the impression that anyone was trying to harm us, though. We actually had the Danville fire department out to check out the poundings in the walls over our fireplace, but they found nothing. But those pounding noises would be so loud at times that you couldn't carry a conversation in that living room when it was going on...

I have a friend who was in Phoenix, Arizona during the big Phoenix Lights display. He was up in the hills somewhere with a group of friends and as they looked up (this was during the daytime), they saw a bird flying above. Suddenly, the bird crashed into 'something,' and fell to the ground.

They couldn't see what the bird had crashed IN TO. But it crashed into something...it was enough to knock it silly before it plummeted to the ground.

Although Lynne's DVD is considered one of the best re: The Phoenix Lights, according to my friend, there was a lot more that went on out there that wasn't reported. Some of the UFO's that were there, STAYED there...even during the daylight hours. My friend told me that helicopters were flying overhead, trying to figure out what to do with these things. People (some anyway) were more than a little shaken up.

I would have loved to have seen this, though. What an experience that must have been...

Here is a snip from The Phoenix Lights website, the thread of which I have posted above:

THE PHOENIX LIGHTS WERE NOT FLARES!

(CNN November 9, 2007) -- "In 1997, during my second term as governor of Arizona, I saw something that defied logic and challenged my reality. I witnessed a massive delta-shaped, craft silently navigate over Squaw Peak ... this dramatically large, very distinctive leading edge with some enormous lights was traveling through the Arizona sky. As a pilot and a former Air Force Officer, I can definitively say that this craft did not resemble any man-made object I'd ever seen. And it was certainly not high-altitude flares because flares don't fly in formation."

(Leslie Kean, "Symington confirms he saw UFO 10 years ago", The Daily Courier, March 18, 2007) -- "It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape." —Fife Symington III

"Numerous witnesses throughout AZ tried to capture this advanced technology on film prior to 9:40 pm, but because the massive object was so large and blocked out the stars, the photos did not turn out, save a couple of grainy videos of the V shaped phenomenon with lights."

"However, it must be mentioned that the military may have deployed flares to divert public attention away from the true unknowns. And even though a 10:30 pm flare deployment was reported by the Maryland ANG five months later [after a front page USA Today article brought international media pressure for an investigation and explanation], it is clear that flares were NOT what Dr. Lynne and others witnessed or photographed around 10 o'clock."

"Please note that flares drift with the wind, cannot stay in a pattern, but descend in a haphazard fashion, glare and flicker frantically, have huge smoke trails and illuminate everything around them, including the smoke trail. None of these characteristics were witnessed by the thousands who viewed the true unknowns."

"In other words, the giant arrays of rock solid and equidistant balls of light captured by a hand-full of videographers 'around 10 pm' [over a 30-40 minute span] were NOT flares."

I believe. Especially since there is no logical explanation for UFOs.
If the lights are not flairs, or reflections, or meteors, scientist have to consider other beings.

I miss all the fun! Here I was in Phoenix Saturday night and came home Sunday afternoon! :(

fran

Ooooh! My mom also saw a UFO one time, over Atlanta. She describes it very matter-of-factly, but with certainty.

Funny story (for a crime board!). On morning my friend woke me up with a call to say, "A UFO has landed!" My first thought was, Wow, it's finally happened! How are things going to change? Turned out he was talking about the Nike-wearing cult. Years later, someone called me to say, They caught the guy who killed Jonbenet! my first thought was, No way--they obviously made a mistake! ;)

Amanda,

We have experienced much of the same in a home we lived in a few years ago. Footsteps in our hallway, during early morning hours, when no one was yet awake, thumps in our wall over our fireplace, lights going on and off and a TV set 'changing channels' ALL BY ITSELF, are just some of the things we've experienced.

I'll never forget the channel surfing TV! I was cooking dinner one night and I was watching the Scott Peterson trial. I was bent over looking for a can of tomato sauce when all of a sudden, I hear Dick Van Dyke's voice. Then I hear Laura Petrie's voice and I'm thinking, "Huh, why am I hearing the Dick Van Dyke show when I had had Court TV playing." I look up and sure enough, the Dick Van Dyke show is playing.

I didn't change that channel. My son didn't change the channel (he was in his room playing video games). No one else was in our home but the two of us.

So...I go to change the channel back to Court TV, and for some weird reason, I couldn't get it to change. The TV channels just kept rolliing and wouldn't stop. Finally, I was able to get it back to Court TV, but 15 minutes or so later, the same thing happened again. Only that time, I was standing right in front of the TV when it happened! The TV channel just started rolling...

The footsteps in our hallway were really weird. Our son and I had been 'camping' out in our den one evening (we used to watch movies together and make it a sleep-over in our den when he was younger). This one particular evening was a Friday evening -- we had gone to sleep and around 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., I hear footsteps going down our long hallway. I thought it was my husband and I turned around on the couch to look toward the entry way into our den to ask him why he was up so early, as he ALWAYS sleeps in on the weekends.

There was no one there. The footsteps literally stopped right at that entryway.

I never had the impression that anyone was trying to harm us, though. We actually had the Danville fire department out to check out the poundings in the walls over our fireplace, but they found nothing. But those pounding noises would be so loud at times that you couldn't carry a conversation in that living room when it was going on...

Have you learned anything about previous owners??

UFO's and GHOSTS!! (love these topics!!)
Does anyone here remember those Norelco television adds from the mid to late 70's? A man would take a credit card or something and scrape it across his face where he had 5 o'clock shadow. Well, (dating myself here) when I was about 15 or 16 yrs old, I had one of those dreams where you think you are awake, but cannot move. (at least I think it was a dream:eek: ) Anyway, aliens abducted me, took me on their ship, started doing strange tests on me, (it was like I kept fading in and out of consciousness). One of the things they did was scrape my arm with a very thin metallic blade. They just kept scraping it back and forth, like they were trying to get dead skin cells or something.......Anyway, I woke up screaming my lungs out!!!! Ran in to my Mom and Dad's bedroom just sobbing and screaming that alien's had me and would probably be back. My sweet, wonderful Dad slept on the couch that night so I could sleep with my Mom (I sobbed most of the night...just terrified) My Dad, sweet as he was, grumbled " &%##@!+++^^ ,a 16 yr old grown woman, *&^((%%##@ has to sleep with her Mom, Well, **%%##@@ " as he grabbed a pillow and left the room. (ha ha I still laugh at that memory)

Things would be fine until I would 'hear' that commercial. That dang scraping noise sounded just the same as the noise in my alien dream, and it would just send shivers down my spine. :chicken: I was so glad when they quit making those ads!!!

Just wanted to add that I have seen things that I cannot explain, one of them my daughter witnessed also. (Thank goodness, because she told me that if she hadn't seen it also, she wouldn't have believed it)

Just saw on the national news this morning...

A man has " confessed " to this as being a hoax.
He did this by attaching flares to balloons, and then sent them upwards.

Oh well! :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back