UFO spotted over Phoenix, AZ

Just saw on the national news this morning...

A man has " confessed " to this as being a hoax.
He did this by attaching flares to balloons, and then sent them upwards.

Oh well! :crazy:

I heard the same for the Florida sightings....did he also confess that the Phoenix sighting was a hoax?

Told ya:D

Hi ember, It was a report on Good Morning America, Chris Cuomo reported it as in Phoenix Arizona.

Unless he mispoke. ?:confused:

Hi ember, It was a report on Good Morning America, Chris Cuomo reported it as in Phoenix Arizona.

In one of the links provided on this thread about the Florida UFO sightings, it said the same thing...that it was a hoax...here is the link...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=107435

and a little snip from the link:
Some neighbors in the area say they saw the same thing.

Others are little skeptical.

They say the lights were sky lanterns lit at a wedding in St. Augustine that night. Sky lanterns can rise nearly 5,000 feet in the air and travel for miles.

However, some do agree with the Pucketts.

Sighters in Germany give the same details about flaming globes. They also saw them around 9:00 p.m. their time.
*end snip*

OK, so these lights were also seen in Germany.

So was this all a big coordinated hoax? In three places, these helium globes were sent up about the same time, same night ....That seems odd to me. Maybe if it was just one place they were seen I'd believe it....but three? And all about the same time...? hmmm, just seems odd!

Maybe these people who "confessed" were told to confess....ya know, mass hysteria and all....

Government cover-ups aren't exactly unheard of!

Maybe more than one person figured out how to do it.

Strange!
I don't know what to think now, beacuse what I heard this morning was a confessed hoax, in Phoenix.

I also agree with you about " government cover ups", ember.
And truely, in these days on this earth now, nothing at all would surprise me either!

Sweetmop, I heard it on GMA today myself & yes it was reported as Pheonix Arizona. They claim it wasn't any aircraft either. Showed the video totally wild.

Stephen_Hawking_Alien_but_primitive

Acually I am too dumb to see where he said he believes in other life forms, but a few of his points are close to my personal thoughts.

How often can I say I agree with a genius :woohoo:

Ok, here's the link where the man claims he hoaxed it in Phoenix....

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepa...ews_042108_new-lights-sightings.895be60f.html

What I find interesting is what the people had to say about it...
from the link:

What people were saying about seeing the lights ...

the government can't hide the truth anymore.

phoenix lights all over again

Technically, a NASA experiment or an airplane/helicopter obscured by the night would also be classified as a "UFO," but I honestly believe that the lights may have come from alien ships.
They were way too organized to be simple military flares.

it so looks like a UFO.

i really believe that the things that are being seen in the sky are UFOs...

People want to believe in something extra-terrestrial so badly. Sorry, but there are so many "earthly" possibilities: military, hoax, private company experiments - I think it's crazy to jump to an illogical conclusion.

I most definately believe they are UFOs. They've been here before, and they were here again last night!

*END SNIP*

The line I bolded in the snip is also what I am having a hard time with.
They were in a straight line then a square then a triangle. Seems to me if they were just flares, they would be more random.

And the man refuses to give his name....hmmmm....

Actually I wouldnt mind at all and yes I watch ghost hunters sometimes, its very interesting although I dont believe all of the shows. I lived in 2 story nice but really old house with my mom and my best friend in her mom. Things didnt start right away but after about 3 months of living there on Halloween of all nights I felt tired after a party (I was 12 by the way) and I went upstairs to my room to bed. My room actually was the attic made into a bedroom and it had these two doors with latches on the wall to get into the space in the attic. I fell asleep and woke up to loud banging comming from inside the walls. I shrugged it off as a dream. Then My best friend and everyone was one and I was laying on the couch watching tv downstairs and I could hear things slamming and sounds of someone stomping up there. I was so scared I called my mom home from work and I was hysterical. When she got home it quit. This happened a few more times and only to me not anyone else in the house. The very last time it happened it got really bad, door knobs were jiggling and stuff was falling upstairs and I called my mom again and she came home and sat down and proceeded to tell me how she was gonna send me away because she thought I was doing it for attention and sure enough as she said those words a door slammed and something fell, we moved out 2 weeks later. She still apologizes. 2 years ago me and my sister in law went by there and talked to the new owners and I asked them about it and the man said his wife kept hearing stuff but he figured it was only animals or something. Then he said it got really bad she didnt want to live there anymore after all the work they had done to it. He did say that he never heard anything though. Needless to say no one has been living there for a while its had a for sale sign in the yard for a while. I just recently found out that a man had shot himself in my moms room. Thats why I get mad when people dont believe in ghosts cuz I tell you what it happened to me.

Yea I love ghost stories, I never miss Ghost Hunters either one of my fav shows. I have a story about the house I live in now and grew up in. When I was about 12 my greatgrandfather passed away. He was in his 70s and a grouchy mean old man who I was told was always very onry. He built the farm house we lived in and lived across the street in another farm house when he died. We started hearing banging in the walls at night and my mom would start to cook and come back and the stove would be off, she would turn it back on and it would be off again. We had these cups that were above the stove hanging on a rack. They started shaking one day for no reason, noone was running around the house it was just my mom. Then we had this cat who started refusing to go near one of our couches. He would go all the way around the room to avoid that couch and if you tried to put him by it he would scratch and bite like a maniac. The last thing that happened was I was sitting on that couch watching TV. My dad was in the room next to me watching TV. He would have to pass me to leave that room. I saw the back half of a man go down stairs from the kitchen and just thought it was my dad until he came out of the other living room. I asked if he had just went downstairs and he said no. I said someone did and he checked but found nothing. It stopped after that kind of funny because those stairs go to the back door. Now my cousin and his fiance live across the street in the old farm house that he lived when he died. They moved in about a year ago and had some strange things happen. One night they heard stomping coming from the cellar so my cousin jumps out of bed and grabs his shot gun (not even loaded, LOL). He goes down and says whose there and all the way can here this stomping around on these wood palates he has down there. He turns the light on and it stops, no one is there. His fiance says she feels like someone is always behind her and she doesn't like living there. Two times my cousin has come home from work and saw the light on where my great grandfathers room was and he runs in the house and by the time he gets there it is off.

We have some strange phenomenon similar to this. Along about dusk, if we are outside, we can see something that looks like a flare appear above the SE horizon, actually for a couple of minutes, several. They they just disappear. There are oil and gas wells in that area, so it may be some kind of burnoff or something. I'm sure there's an explanation, but it's eerie.

As to the latest Phoenix lights? I truly believe it's Rocky's way of saying bye-bye WS.

Before I knew this was a hoax, I emailed the article to my nine-year-old son who has been asking me about UFOs recently and whether or not I think they're real. I just got his reply this morning and all it said was, "I think these people are crazy." Hehehehe. I guess he had it all figured out!

Actually I wouldnt mind at all and yes I watch ghost hunters sometimes, its very interesting although I dont believe all of the shows. I lived in 2 story nice but really old house with my mom and my best friend in her mom.

I'm sorry that you were so scared, but that's a damn good story!!!

strange2.jpg

and:

strange1.jpg

I had an occurrence in St. Phllips cemetary in Charleston, SC.

These are the pics I took (the bottom was when I had the experience)

Walked into the cemetary, feeling just fine, on vacation, relaxed, with my honey.

All of a sudden I started crying and feeling like I'd just lost a family member, gut renching crying. For no explainable reason. Took the bottom photo (no camera strap, not a processing error, verified by Polaroid)

I later learned that that cemetary is supposedly haunted by a young mother who lost her child. The gravestone for that child is near where I'm standing. And totally explains the feeling of loss I had.

The first pic was taken in the daylight, and you can see tons of stuff in it. Off to the right of the frame you can see a very black mass, shaped like a person walking off the frame.

In the "circle" at the top of the building you can see a man's face. What's interesting is when you invert the colors for that photo, you get a different man's face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back