Ugly Betty Actor murders his mother

If he had a history of psychotic illness, then he should have a history of taking medication too. And they will need to check out his twin brother, since biologically, they will be the same. They haven't said if he had any history of acting out in this manner, that's what makes me wonder if something happened at the meeting. Maybe he was slipped a drug that altered his mental state?
I have twins.
Just because one twin may have a mental illness does not mean the other twin will as well

Also from the linked article:

...he said he received another sign while at the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem, which he'd joined a week earlier.

There, he said, a man approached and tried to put a curse on him.

"[He] kept trying to put something in my hand but wouldn't show it to me. I kept opening my hand. It was a Freemason pin. I wouldn't touch it," Brea said.

He began feeling ill and left, and while riding the train back to Brooklyn, he said, strangers began speaking to him about his mother.

"I felt like Neo from 'The Matrix.' I began hearing voices and feeling powerful," Brea said. "They were asking about the difference between mom and mother. It was a sign."

Whaaaat, freemason murdering others for STATUS? I know freemasons are considered a cult by some, but murdering? Just curious, how did you come up with that?

He was probably on crystal meth or maybe did something to trigger underlying schitzophrenia.

Maybe he believed it. Whether it happens or not, I don't know. Only the freemasons would know and they don't say because then it wouldn't be a secret society. And it could also depend on the lodge and the members at that lodge.

There just too many masonic references in this case. His father is one, he says he gave him the sword as a child. No explanation on the dagger. Brea joined the lodge a week or so before the incident, and the day of the incident he had gone there for a meeting according to his family. Add to that the verses he was uttering, including 'architect of the universe', you can't dismiss the freemason connection.

He could be faking being crazy. He could be expressing some trauma from his childhood if his father took him to secret society meetings, or something else related to him receiving the sword. Maybe he was hypnotized or traumatized and someone or something triggered the post hypnotic suggestion.

At this point, anything is possible. From the sounds of it, and just looking at the video above, he was a normal guy. He certainly didn't exhibit any odd behaviors that would give his family any concern. Then suddenly he becomes another person within hours or so of falling asleep? Definitely a bizarre case.

Michael Brea Update: "Ugly Betty" Actor Charged with Murder in Mom's Death

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Michael Brea, the actor accused of decapitating his mother with a Masonic ceremonial sword, was arraigned from a New York City hospital prison ward Friday on charges of second-degree murder.

The 31-year-old actor was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon after police found him in the bedroom of the Brooklyn apartment that he shared with his mother and twin brother, with a 3-foot sword.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20024722-504083.html

This will be an interesting case to follow. I'm glad Bellevue physicians ar responsible for his psychiatric care because they should be experienced with the psycho/social/cultural issues at play. I want this young man to be treated fairly, as I feel certain he was insane at the time of the murder due to one or more of the reasons I stated below.

I was hoping to hear of an investigation into why LE waited so long to enter the apartment. Yes...yes, I'm aware that it's been stated they were following procedure, but I question the accuracy of that statement.

Brea's mother was laid to rest on Saturday.

Funeral held for Yanick Brea; woman hacked to death by son 'Ugly Betty' actor Michael Brea

BY Ben Chapman
Daily News Writer
A crowd of 60 family members and friends gathered for a final farewell to victim Yannick Brea in the church where she prayed each Sunday with her accused attacker, son Michael...

The murder suspect's twin brother Marcel, in a eulogy read by another family member, recalled his mother's devotion to her sons. "My mother was a loving, caring, kind person who loved us with all her heart," read Marcel's remembrance. "Thank you mother for your patience and beautiful smile, and thank you for being the greatest mom of all."
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...by_delusional_son_as_devot.html#ixzz17XHBTKVK

Do we have any evidence or stories of Free Masons killing people for status?

NO! My late husband was a 32nd degree Mason and a Shriner. He was very involved with The Shriner Burn Centers and Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Chrildren. (I still am) He was retired LE.

I deeply resent anyone even implying anything negative about them such as killing people for status. I can assure everyone that is certainly not true. My stepfather was a minister and he was a Mason and Shriner as well. He and my late husband had both served their country in the military. They were both very good men who were respected by our whole area.

Thank you for asking that question, WhyaDuck. I appreciate it. People often attack and say untrue things about what they either do not understand or do not take the time to understand.

MOO

:clap: :clap:

Thank youLaLaw2000

You are welcome, tlcox! :blowkiss:

BTW, most all Masons are Shriners. I do not know of one that isn't. There are 33 levels or degrees in the Mason's. My late husband was a 32nd degree Mason. You have to be sponsored by a Mason in order to join, and you must master each level to go on to the next level. These are good people who help each other as well as the community. Part of it is helping those who are in need and not even telling anyone about it. Never boast about it. I believe in that. The female equivalent of the Masons and Shriners is the Eastern Star.

Masons and Shriners do not kill people or have rituals that harm people. They do all the good they can in this world and many never even know about it.

MOO

Has he not been sentenced yet? I looked all over the net, couldn't find anything about sentencing.

Still no updates on what happened to this case. It has been over three years and there is no mention of any trial or disposition.

The latest updates are from 2010.

See here, Joe:

http://prospectheights.patch.com/gr...f-mother-s-head-with-samurai-sword-b06e26e1b4

Man Who Chopped Off Mother's Head With Samurai Sword Reaches Plea Deal With DA
Michael Brea pleads not responsible by reason of mental disease.

Posted by Amy Sara Clark , May 03, 2012 at 07:15 PM

Michael Brea pleaded not responsible by reason of mental disease or defect Friday in Brooklyn Supreme Court after psychiatrists for both sides diagnosed him with schizophrenia.

He will be sent to a mental health facility, likely either Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan or Mid-Hudson Forensic Psychiatric Center in upstate New York, said the prosecutor on the case.

When he’ll get out is determined by a periodic review process. There’s no way to know how long that will be, the prosecutor said, but added “Based on the nature of the crime and the severity of his mental illness, I think he’ll be in there for a lengthy period of time."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back