UK UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, murdered at home, Nairn, Scotland, 28 Nov 2004

Not new at all. DNA testing of local men started in June 2007, so even then they had a profile to compare. Pub talk could be key to Nairn banker's doorstep murder
There is no DNA sample or DNA collected from any item tested.

A cigarette but found on his doorstep was tested against 2000 men & nothing was matched. It could have blown over from the pub & belong to someone on holiday.

DNA from the gun found nothing!
They tested the men incase of a match.

Regarding potential DNA and new technology. We had a 20 year-old case solved in Wales due to new/advanced technology that was able to locate DNA on items from scene of crime exhibits (gun/clothing in this particular case - John Cooper murders) - that it couldnt do in the 80's. That's the sort of thing I think they may be meaning DNA wise?..I.e advances in technology can now pick up forensic details like blood etc that they couldn't get previously off the crime scene items. Perhaps they do have DNA off the bullets etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211-003642_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211-003642_Chrome.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 7
I was expecting the original sources rather than your own notes. Can you post links to the originals please?
If you look at what I said, I said that I’ve written down word for word what was in the interviews- so I’m not sure how you weren’t expecting that tbh…If you want to look at what was said, then start with the doorstep podcast and look for the other interviews on YouTube.

If you look at what I said, I said that I’ve written down word for word what was in the interviews- so I’m not sure how you weren’t expecting that tbh…If you want to look at what was said, then start with the doorstep podcast and look for the other interviews on YouTube.
Can you provide links to your sources? I'm sure that we would all find that helpful.

25 March 2024
''Nobody has ever been charged with the crime though there did seem to be some movement in the investigation last year as news emerged that the father-of-two had made a formal objection to proposals for a new decking area to be created outside the Havelock Hotel in Nairn, yards from his home just days before his murder.
There were also reports of Scottish police working with counterparts in Canada to interview witnesses in Nova Scotia.''
''THE gunman who murdered a banker on his doorstep may have escaped by boat.

One craft was spotted in the harbour at Nairn last Sunday, the day 30-year-old dad-of-two Alistair Wilson was shot dead at his home in the town.

Detectives are also checking reports that a speedboat was found at the Black Isle, on the opposite side of the Moray Firth.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back