Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From previous thread

Amber32 posted

MB was arrested at 3:30pm on Tuesday 2nd October and by later that day, the press had named him which is not at all unusual.

Next morning at the 10:30am press conference LE confirmed that it ws MB in custody and issued a photo of him and his vehicle.

This is highly unusual - LE only name suspects after they have been charged.

I think perhaps it was the amount of eye witnesses that stated it was him.

Eyewitness says she entered his truck.!

Last thing published on eyewitness report said she entered a white or light grey van, not a dark blue car with stripes. Now she may have changed her story, but if she did, the public have not been told that. So *we* don't know an eyewitness saw April entering MB's car.

I think perhaps it was the amount of eye witnesses that stated it was him.

Well we really don't know that there were a lot of eye witnesses that named him do we? From what the police said, the only eye witness was a 7-year old child.

In any case, I doubt that would be why. I don't know why LE took this step but they must have had a very good reason. They sought legal advice before naming him and said the possible benefits justifed the action. It will be interesting to see what emerges in the trial.

In the Tia Sharp case, Stuart Hazell appeared from a police station via video link for his Magistrates hearing. I think it will probably become more common as and when technology allows. Costs less and avoids the need for lots of security in case of angry public crowds.

True, but I think that was in part because it would have been an hour's journey across South London from the police station where he was held to the magistrate's court concerned. In MB's case, the court is only just up the road from the police station. Also, in the Tia Sharp case, the police were doubtless aware that there was considerable public anger about the apparent police incompetence in not finding the body more quickly, so I think they were keen not to provide an opportunity for demonstrations.

I think it will probably become more common as and when technology allows. Costs less and avoids the need for lots of security in case of angry public crowds.

Yes, I hope there won't be any of that this morning, but it sounds as though the police are prepared.

A bit more on the "rented" cottage

Police forensic teams have continued their minute examination of the farmhouse where Mr Bridger has lived since early September.
Vivian Williams Jones, 68, a long-time resident, said the farmhouse, called Mount Pleasant, had been empty for several years before Mr Bridger took it.

He said he knew he had moved to the house about one month ago because the owner came down to rent it out.

“It used to belong to a sailor called Nelson who lived there for years with his mother.

“It was eventually sold to someone from London who bought it as a holiday home and never came down here.

“I saw him about a month ago and he said that it was just too far for him and he was giving it the once-over before renting it out.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/2...er-search-focus-91466-31967488/#ixzz28gmdwlcA

Well we really don't know that there were a lot of eye witnesses that named him do we? From what the police said, the only eye witness was a 7-year old child.

In any case, I doubt that would be why. I don't know why LE took this step but they must have had a very good reason. They sought legal advice before naming him and said the possible benefits justifed the action. It will be interesting to see what emerges in the trial.

Thats the problem we dont know. LE is keeping alot under cover. As far as we know there could have been loads of sightings at different times during monday and tuesday.

Mine shafts don't give up their dead easily.

I live in an area with an abundance of closed mines and thus scores of mine shafts, some capped, some not so capped. The Kansas City mafia were said to use this resource to dispose of their late victims.

Also, in the last 20 years, searches have been made for a missing club dancer and two missing teenagers. In spite of, in the first instance especially, detailed tips, nothing has ever been found.

Here's the Telegraph link about the quarry again, it's toward the bottom.

Yes, I was thinking a closed AND dangerous shaft would be a great place to hide a body, as they would have to shore it up and make safe before searching.
I do find it interesting that the quarry/mines are being looked at as I said in a previous post the splash marks on the landrover look like Clay/chalky. The weather was very wet yet these marks remained so I would think were recent!
Also, daring to mention the alive or dead theory. One ex police inspector said over the weekend (sorry I cant think what it was on), that they cannot and will not tell anyone the evidence they have for, where there is no body there will always be 0.001% chance she's alive, and the evidence had not been presented to a court so is unproven, so they cannot catergorically say she is dead.

Going back to the original post which started the initial thread

This is why the UK should adopt the Amber Alert system

April's disappearance triggered the first nationwide child rescue alert in the UK. The alert has never been used across the country like this before, partly because suspected stranger-abductions are rare.

Charlie Hedges, manager of the missing, abducted and kidnapped children section within the Child Exploitation and Online Protection unit (Ceop), said the decision to launch the alert was made because the risk to April was so great

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/oct/03/april-jones-search-continues

The Child Rescue Alert is based on the AMBER alert system which has been in use in the United States since 1997

http://www.soca.gov.uk/about-soca/missing-persons-bureau/child-rescue-alert

I do find it interesting that the quarry/mines are being looked at as I said in a previous post the splash marks on the landrover look like Clay/chalky.

All of the mines and quarries in the area were for extracting slate. Doesn't clay or chalk (or perhaps mud) more likely suggest alluvial deposits from a riverside?

Last thing published on eyewitness report said she entered a white or light grey van, not a dark blue car with stripes. Now she may have changed her story, but if she did, the public have not been told that. So *we* don't know an eyewitness saw April entering MB's car.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...5DHdHGj7DsUxy0IKw?docId=N0104661349660991775A

April, who suffers from cerebral palsy and needs daily medication, was last seen on the town's Bryn-y-Gog estate on Monday evening. A witness saw her step into what is believed to have been a Land Rover Discovery car.

According to sky reports this was a 7yr old who was with the Police giving a statement to this affect on the Tuesday. I do know that happened as I know someone who knows the little girls Mum. (I realise that part is hearsay but i'm pretty sure that is correct)

All of the mines and quarries in the area were for extracting slate. Doesn't clay or chalk (or perhaps mud) more likely suggest alluvial deposits from a riverside?

Ah, thanks didn't know that. But looking on google at the quarry they are looking at it is very white and chalky all around.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...5DHdHGj7DsUxy0IKw?docId=N0104661349660991775A

April, who suffers from cerebral palsy and needs daily medication, was last seen on the town's Bryn-y-Gog estate on Monday evening. A witness saw her step into what is believed to have been a Land Rover Discovery car.

According to sky reports this was a 7yr old who was with the Police giving a statement to this affect on the Tuesday. I do know that happened as I know someone who knows the little girls Mum. (I realise that part is hearsay but i'm pretty sure that is correct)

This is not reported as told by the mouth of the police officer at the news conference soon after they had spoken to the witness. That is why I make every effort to watch press conferences live, so I can hear the words from the horse's mouths, not a reporter writing them up later.

Magistrate hearing over. Sky reporting the Perverting the Course of Justice charge is due to "unlawfully disposing of the body"

Next appearance, 10th October in Caernarfon Crown Court

ETA Appearance on Wednesday will be via videolink

My speculation follows, in wake of court appearance:

Police still not confident they will get a verdict of guilty for murder. Suspect may be claiming an accident happened. If and when police find her body, forensic deterioration may make it very hard to disprove claim of accidental death. Abduction and concealment of body may be the only charges that can be proven to a jury, unless they are happy to return murder on circumstantial evidence alone - which the judge may not allow.

This is not reported as told by the mouth of the police officer at the news conference soon after they had spoken to the witness. That is why I make every effort to watch press conferences live, so I can hear the words from the horse's mouths, not a reporter writing them up later.

This is what the original police statement on the Dyfed-Powys website said

Tue 02 Oct 2012

Police are increasingly concerned for the whereabouts of a five year girl from Machynlleth.

April Jones was last seen playing with her friend on their bikes near to garages in the town at around 19:30hrs this evening.

April was seen getting into a light coloured van or van sized vehicle which then drove off.

http://www.dyfed-powys.police.uk/en/news/latest-news/201210/missing-girl-in-machynlleth

Maybe police got further clarification from the 7 year-old after they issued their first statement or more likely the media made assumptions after police had released details of MB's dark blue Landrover?

A man has been remanded in custody charged with the murder of five-year-old April Jones who was last seen outside her home in Machynlleth, Powys
Mr Bridger confirmed his name and address and cried as he confirmed he understood the charges against him.

He has also been charged with child abduction and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The latter charge refers to the unlawful disposal and concealment of a body.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19867915

A former lifeguard wept as he appeared in court today accused of the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.

Mark Bridger, 46, stood in the dock of Aberystwyth Magistrates' Court as the charges were put to him.

As well as abducting and murdering April, Bridger is charged with the unlawful disposal and concealment of her body with intent to pervert the course of justice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...olice-van-face-magistrates.html#ixzz28hLfFbB4

Full charges

The full charges read to Bridger were: "First charge, on the 30th of September 2012, and 3rd October 2012, at Machynlleth, you murdered April Sue Lyn Jones, contrary to common law.

"Second charge, on the first day of October 2012, at Machynlleth, without lawful authority, or reasonable excuse, took April Sue Lyn Jones, a child under the age of 16, so as to keep her out of the lawful control of a person entitled to lawful control of the said child.

"Third charge, between 30th September 2012 and 3rd October 2012 at Machynlleth, with intent to pervert the course of justice, did an act mainly the unlawful disposal and concealment of the body of April Sue Lyn Jones, which had a tendency to pervert the course of public justice."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/2...ged-with-murder-91466-31990206/#ixzz28hMB29ih

ETA Think the first charge should say "First charge, between the ..." rather than on

He's bringing on the tears eh? If he had any true sorrow for anyone but himself he'd say where he'd put April's body.

Hi, I read a lot but dont tend to post, one thing that has played on my mind was the initial witness statement we were informed of was that April got in the side with the driver OR a,left drive vehicle. How could a 7 year old child remember and distinguish such information, especially when the colour was described completely different?! I dont have a theory, its just one of those things that make you wonder. Still hoping April is alive and police are wrong :(

Hi, I read a lot but dont tend to post, one thing that has played on my mind was the initial witness statement we were informed of was that April got in the side with the driver OR a,left drive vehicle. How could a 7 year old child remember and distinguish such information, especially when the colour was described completely different?! I dont have a theory, its just one of those things that make you wonder. Still hoping April is alive and police are wrong :(

I imagine the witness saw how the car was parked and saw which door April climbed in. It would be very easy to tell if it was the left hand side or the right. My 4 year old would be able to say, even in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB