GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, murdered then hidden, Peterborough, 18 Jul 2020 *Parents Sentenced* #6

Sarah has recently joined a Facebook group named 'Simple Savers' which advises on how to save money and budget - primarily for people living in Australia. This could be nothing and she is looking for money-saving advice, or could she be considering emigration somehow? I am aware Australia has some of the strictest emigration rules but it just seems a strange thing for her to want posts about the cost of living in Australia all over her newsfeed.

Sarah has recently joined a Facebook group named 'Simple Savers' which advises on how to save money and budget - primarily for people living in Australia. This could be nothing and she is looking for money-saving advice, or could she be considering emigration somehow? I am aware Australia has some of the strictest emigration rules but it just seems a strange thing for her to want posts about the cost of living in Australia all over her newsfeed.
Criminal convictions will not bar you migrating there. I had a mate who stupidly ran over someone when he was p*ssed at about the age of 18 and went to prison for it. He was 18 at the time. He emigrated about 3/4 years ago, probably about 35 now.

How do you know this. Are you friends on fb ?

How do you know this. Are you friends on fb ?
No, I am not friends with her and she has disabled friend requests. I was able to see it because she was tagged in a post welcoming her to the group, and just looking back over it, that was actually in October 2023. She is still in the group as if you can search through members by name and she still comes up in there.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure Australia is after people with particular skills. Mostly stuff you need a degree for, though hairdressers and chefs were badly needed last time I checked.
Was she not a carer? Who worked night shifts, as that is when the monster was able to be alone with Bernadette. I’m unsure of what her actual job title was though.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure Australia is after people with particular skills. Mostly stuff you need a degree for, though hairdressers and chefs were badly needed last time I checked.
Indeed, he's only ever been a labourer. No idea what the process he had to go through was but it was always his dream and he's now married with children out there.

Indeed, he's only ever been a labourer. No idea what the process he had to go through was but it was always his dream and he's now married with children out there.
Yes, the other way is to go out there on a temporary work visa and have your employer sponsor you to stay longer, or meet a partner and have them sponsor your visa, like my mate did. You used to have to be under 32 to get a temporary work visa though.

Not sure she can emigrate anywhere while she’s out on licence, her convictions still have a few more years to run I think.

From a rudimentary Google search she'd need to get sponsored from someone in Australia to acquire a care visa, like a family member, and they'd have to be able to prove they can't get the requisite care from somewhere else in Australia. It's pretty hard to emigrate elsewhere within the Anglosphere if you don't have connections or hold certain qualifications. I'm thinking it's all pie in the sky.

From a rudimentary Google search she'd need to get sponsored from someone in Australia to acquire a care visa, like a family member, and they'd have to be able to prove they can't get the requisite care from somewhere else in Australia. It's pretty hard to emigrate elsewhere within the Anglosphere if you don't have connections or hold certain qualifications. I'm thinking it's all pie in the sky.
She's definitely deluded!

What a sad case and sad silence.
I am hopeful her remains will be found eventually - in such a densely inhabited area, hard not to. This is not a large bog or an untravelled stretch of the mountains. An up to ~30 km drive on a rural landscape has opportunities, but they are limited.

There must have been a reason to drive to the Spalding/Cowbit area. It's been suggested it was more about framing her friend and placing her phone in the area than about the actual disposal of remains, though the latter still remains a possibility.

The critical time period seems to be the ~1.5 h around noon:
11:23am – 17 minutes after leaving his parent's house, ScW’s phone switched off for 1.5 hrs, until 12:54pm. During that time SaW tried to call ScW and ScW’s parents but was unable to get an answer. (source trial)
12:54pm – ScW’s phone was switched back on in Gunthorpe area. (source trial)
12:54pm to 1:04pm – ScW phoned SaW for 9 mins 16 secs. He travelled from Gunthorpe to Werrington ending at the Esso garage McDonalds at 1:23pm.

Unfortunately by now I am unsure, if we should look east, north, west or even south. I was a bit intrigued by the landscapes near PMK recycling, and River Welland crossings, but I am not sure how likely water disposal is. On the one hand he does not strike me like a guy that will have the patience for digging, on the other he did frequent the garage for some reason (tools?) and also the fast food place (why? alibi making?).
I do hope she will be found eventually.

What a sad case and sad silence.
I am hopeful her remains will be found eventually - in such a densely inhabited area, hard not to. This is not a large bog or an untravelled stretch of the mountains. An up to ~30 km drive on a rural landscape has opportunities, but they are limited.

There must have been a reason to drive to the Spalding/Cowbit area. It's been suggested it was more about framing her friend and placing her phone in the area than about the actual disposal of remains, though the latter still remains a possibility.

The critical time period seems to be the ~1.5 h around noon:

Unfortunately by now I am unsure, if we should look east, north, west or even south. I was a bit intrigued by the landscapes near PMK recycling, and River Welland crossings, but I am not sure how likely water disposal is. On the one hand he does not strike me like a guy that will have the patience for digging, on the other he did frequent the garage for some reason (tools?) and also the fast food place (why? alibi making?).
I do hope she will be found eventually.
ScW was travelling east within the Gunthorpe mast area when he switched his phone off. That gave him an hour and a half to travel to the disposal site, hide her body and return - presumably a secluded location (broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon) that he knew well enough to mitigate the risk of being seen, and that didn't have any ANPR cameras en route. Although he was undoubtedly a lazy person, he would have been able to dig a hole if he needed to. That I believe was what he did in the early hours of the following day. Again, he'd need to be confident of either not being seen or having a legitimate reason for being there. I would hope that the investigators produced a profile of areas he was familiar with from interviewing friends and relatives, but who knows. There doesn't appear to be any efforts being made to recover BW's remains since the convictions. MOO

It's possible that Scott had prepared the disposal site in advance. If I were the police I'd be all over SaW right now. Whether or not she knows the location she could definitely give them some ideas. Who knows, maybe they have been. I doubt it though.

It's possible that Scott had prepared the disposal site in advance. If I were the police I'd be all over SaW right now. Whether or not she knows the location she could definitely give them some ideas. Who knows, maybe they have been. I doubt it though.
Indeed. It's common practice in the US for no body murder investigators to profile the familiar locations of suspects for the very reason that planned murderers dispose of bodies where they are comfortable with their surroundings. You'd hope that the investigative team would have done that, especially given his movements around the disappearance of BW and the gaps. Now ScW is deceased though, I doubt there will be any law enforcement resources made available to find her remains. If not closed, then case shelved. MOO

There's a short article on body disposal on the Crime Scene Investigator Network Body Disposal in Homicide

It's a US website, but there's some other interesting stuff on there if you care to explore it.

From CSI Angus's link above:

The victim-offender relationship may be crucial to the method of body disposal. For example, the distance between the homicide crime scene and the disposal site was longer for victims who were relatives, intimate partners, or strangers than it was for acquaintances.11 Some consensus exists that the disposal or destruction of a victim's body also may be associated with perpetrators’ desires to physically distance the victim from their own home or to obscure a close personal relationship.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back