UK - Ched Evans for rape of 19yo woman, Rhuddlan, Denbighshire, 2011

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 8m8 minutes ago

Ched Evans says he booked the room at the Premier Inn for his 2 friends to stay at that night

Booking form at Premier Inn said "1 person to stay" Ched Evans says that's because it would be "cheaper" than booking for two

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 6m6 minutes ago

McDonald arrived in Rhyl around 9pm on the night of the alleged rape and went to Ched Evans' house

Evans says he and his friends, including his brother Ryan Roberts, went out about 10 o'clock

Having had a few drinks at home, then at a bar, the group went onto the nightclub Zu bar..

"I couldn't tell you specifically how much I had been drinking" at Zu bar says Ched Evans. Says he had no contact with alleged victim there

"I was drunk but I was in control of myself" says Ched Evans. Says he wasn't aware of the alleged victim in the kebab shop

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 2m2 minutes ago

Court now being shown CCTV from the kebab shop. See Evans walking in looking down at a woman on the floor. He can't remember that moment

...The woman on the floor is the person Ched Evans is alleged to have raped

Evans talking about intervening in a confrontation between a friend of his and another woman... Evans says he put her in a taxi

Rupert Evelyn@rupertevelyn

Evans says he ended up getting into a taxi with his brother and a friend. Can't remember where he asked the driver to go

Evans' intention was to go to a police station and give a statement for a friend who'd been arrested

The court heard that on the night of May 29, 2011, Evans invited friends including Clayton McDonald on a night out in Rhyl.

The defendant was living with his family in Ronaldsway in Rhyl at the time.

Evans said he booked the room at the Premier Inn for two friends to stay in because he thought it would be more comfortable than staying in his room.

The court heard Evans and McDonald were joined by his younger brother Ryan, as well as three other friends.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/live-former-chester-fc-footballer-12002146

added this part in, even though it is similar to other tweets, because it gives the reason why CE booked the room, rather than asking CmD and other friend to stay at his ( CEs) family home.

There's a lot more at the Chester Chronicle link and on Rupert's twitter page

Interesting
CMcD departs the hotel, via the front door.
CE departs the hotel ( same time ) via the fire escape. Claims that his reason for doing this is that it was a quicker exit for his route home.
Pros points out that it would only save him a matter of seconds.

CE and CMcD then walk home ( to CEs home ) together.

So why would they take separate exits, when they are walking home together ? obvious answer

And, why would they walk and not take a taxi - again, no record of timings.

There's a lot more at the Chester Chronicle link and on Rupert's twitter page

Interesting
CMcD departs the hotel, via the front door.
CE departs the hotel ( same time ) via the fire escape. Claims that his reason for doing this is that it was a quicker exit for his route home.
Pros points out that it would only save him a matter of seconds.

CE and CMcD then walk home ( to CEs home ) together.

So why would they take separate exits, when they are walking home together ? obvious answer

And, why would they walk and not take a taxi - again, no record of timings.
Why book a hotel room for the friend to stay in if he was going to stay at Evans family home?

I think this was somewhat premeditated.

As for his defense - he was being juvenile? The friends outside the window were being juvenile, Evans was being a rapist at worst - a disgusting human being at best.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 21m21 minutes ago

"Did you think to ask if she minded you being there while she was having sex"

"I didn't speak to her.... it wasn't a time for conversation"

"I wouldn't hurt a girl" says Evans - he agrees he never spoke to the alleged victim

Ched Evans tells the court he wouldn't have sex with someone who wasn't consenting

"Did you think it would be a good idea to ask if she minded having unprotected sex?"

Ched Evans says he wouldn't ask that

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 14m14 minutes ago

Evans says walking "was part of his rehabilitation" which is why he didn't take a taxi...

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 10m10 minutes ago

Prosecution asking about inconsistencies in Evans' statements and evidence about when the alleged victim looked at him

In one interview Evans told police that the alleged victim looked at Clayton in answer to his question "can my mate join in"

Yesterday Ched Evans told the court that she looked at him in reply to the question

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 4m4 minutes ago

Pros "You felt somehow entitled to behave that way?"

CE "I wouldn't take an advantage of a girl that wasn't consenting with me"

"Footballers are rich they've got money that is what the girls like" Evans told police in interview

Pros "you felt that football was a magnet for girls"

CE "reading back on it that [statement] is cringe worthy.....

..."I didn't think footballers were entitled to anything" adds Ched Evans

So according to CE,he wouldnt hurt a girl, or have sex with a girl without her consent

However, in the hotel room -
he doesn't speak to the girl
he doesn't look at the girl
he doesn't think to check about unprotected sex

but, nevertheless, he is sure that she consented to sex .... truly amazing logic at work there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37616871

So, In this REALLY high profile case this witness didn't come forward with his evidence until Evans girlfriends Dad offered a 50 grand reward for evidence to clear Evans ... hmmm is THIS witness his miracle witness that's meant to PROVE his innocence?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37616871

So, In this REALLY high profile case this witness didn't come forward with his evidence until Evans girlfriends Dad offered a 50 grand reward for evidence to clear Evans ... hmmm is THIS witness his miracle witness that's meant to PROVE his innocence?

I've just heard about that and came straight to WS to see if there were any posts about it.
It's made me feel sick.
As you say, this case has had massive publicity first time round, where was this witness then?
I already know how this is going to turn out :(

I've just heard about that and came straight to WS to see if there were any posts about it.
It's made me feel sick.
As you say, this case has had massive publicity first time round, where was this witness then?
I already know how this is going to turn out :(
What do you think about the case DanceCard?

Just wondering ... IF he's found guilty at retrial - does he still have the right to appeal AGAIN?

Just wondering ... IF he's found guilty at retrial - does he still have the right to appeal AGAIN?

Hopefully not. I think he can only appeal on the basis of new evidence or something not being done correctly during this current trial. Surely there can't be anything more he can come up with.

Talking of which, I am still waiting to hear this new evidence which led to his conviction being quashed and this new trial being ordered. Surely it cant just be what that one witness - the so called friend of the victim - said yesterday. He was clearly motivated by the reward which he claims he has not received.

Just having a look through twitter feed.

This is from today's evidence

Alexandra Hartley ‏@AlexCHartley 1h1 hour ago

Another witness we can’t name for legal reasons is now giving evidence. Says he knew of Ched Evans but didn't know him personally

Witness says he started messaging alleged victim in march 2011.She stayed night with him,kissed&he took her top off but did not have sex

Witness says the next night the woman stayed over and they did have unprotected sex.

Witness says he had sex with woman on same bank holiday as alleged rape, 2 nights before.He says she was drunk & he picked her up from town

Witness tells jury "she contacted me. She text me. I reluctantly picked her up. I had work the next day so I was tired."

Witness says he'd never seen woman that drunk. "She was uneasy on her feet – and was throwing her hands around.

Witness says his relationship with the woman was "purely based on sex" and "She was expecting sex to happen as soon as we got to house.

Witness tells court "She started instigating sex and climbed onto me. It was a bit of a shock how much more confident she was.

Alexandra Hartley ‏@AlexCHartley 1h1 hour ago

Prosecutor Simon Medland QC is now questioning witness on statements he gave to Ched Evans' solicitors.

Prosecutor: How long were you chatting before you met?

Witness: Some days.

P: Was the sex you had 5-6 times always consensual?

Witness: Yes.

Prosecutor asks: You weren’t in town on night of question were you?

No replies witness.

P: You weren’t in premier inn?

No says witness

P: Why did you allow your number to be given to solicitor for Ched Evans, given that you weren’t anything to do with the night in question?

Witness: I was called. I just answered questions. (Referring to statement witness gave to Ched Evans' solicitor over phone)

Prosecutor: Were you aware of a significant reward to secure Ched Evans' acquittal?

Witness: I only knew about that from twitter on Monday

Defence asks witness: Do you intend to claim a reward?

No he says, I have a lot more to lose than gain.I could earn that money in 12 months

Alexandra Hartley ‏@AlexCHartley 19m19 minutes ago

That concludes the live evidence.Matters of law will now be discussed without the jury who are likely to be dismissed until tomorrow morning

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back