UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings forest, Thats it.
I could remember thetford forest but not that one. Its late and I still have a head cold
(well thats MY excuse and I am sticking to it):sick:

As excuses go it's a good one.
I hadn't heard of kings forest before, I don't think you would unless forestry was an interest or you were local imo.
I've been to thetford forest many times.

I joined this forum for this case but now I am just going around and around in circles.

I live up the coast ( Boston Area) and I am always shocked when I talk to people here and they have never heard of him. I just dont know what to think anymore. There are so many good for and against posts on these threads I am sometimes thrown as to what I actually think happened.

I just hope for closure (hopefully positive) for Nicola and the family.

Me too for all of the above.

I joined this forum for this case but now I am just going around and around in circles.

I live up the coast ( Boston Area) and I am always shocked when I talk to people here and they have never heard of him. I just dont know what to think anymore. There are so many good for and against posts on these threads I am sometimes thrown as to what I actually think happened.

I'm not far from bse and Corrie is very well heard of here, posters about quite a bit.
I to hope the family have a positive outcome and for me that would be awol.
He would be safe and home again which is all that matters.
We just don't know. Baffling.

Same here Annie, not far from BSE and posters every where.
The best outcome would be awol I agree, to know he is safe would be the best news.

I'm not far from bse and Corrie is very well heard of here, posters about quite a bit.

I think Baffling is probably a good word because there are so few solid facts when you narrow them all down.

Lets hope that its not too long before something happens that is the piece of the puzzle that is missing, because I think as with many cases its that tiny thing that will make this all fall into place IMO

If Corries family, especially Nicola are adamant that Corrie never left the Horseshoe why are they so committed to doing a search in the forest?(sorry name escapes me) I appreciate that of course they have to go with any leads they get . But if they now believe that Corrie did make it out of the Horseshoe (either on foot/or car) they surely have to release a statement saying that so that people are not concentrating on a place they now believe he didnt stay in.
And clearly the anonymous lead they did receive must have been specific enough for them to search last saturday. (Unless that search was already pre-planned before the call was recieved) I am sure they are getting LOTS of leads now there is a reward (call me sceptical) but the fact that Nicola mentioned it I believe means she must have heard something that stood out from the hundreds, I imagine calls they are receiving.
(Sorry cannot find a link to where Corries Mum said they had recieved a specific tip. Read it on the last thread)

I hope the mobile phone found for sale on a local buy it site in the last thread was called in? I didnt see any confirmation either way. Does anyone know?

Hello mazblondie,

As far as I understand, I don't think the family were ever suggesting that Corrie didn't leave the horseshoe, only that, because he wasn't seen on camera after entering, he couldn't have left on foot. They seem to be saying that he got into a car - for reasons still unknown - and may have been dropped off at a certain point.

It does seem that searching the forest last week-end was the result of a tip, which sadly seems to have been off the mark. Let's hope they make some progress soon..

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/christop...ugs_at_thetford_forest_illegal_rave_1_4822590

Condolences to the family but could this be relevant? There was a rave around the time, possible witness' further afield?

The date on there for the time that the man was taken ill is given as 25th September, and it seems he was taken ill while still at the rave. I think it's doubtful that the same thing might have happened to Corrie, but it might be worth checking that area just to make sure, just in case Corrie was up and walking around on the 24th, after the last CCTV sighting, and did have communication and interaction with people on that day and ended up going to a rave in the evening, then never seen again, and it's just that no one has come forward. The problem with that scenario is that Corrie would probably have been seen by people during the day and that at least one person at the rave, not knowing what happened, might come forward to say they saw him there?

What would concern me would be that if it was a bad batch of drugs then they might not only be passed out at the rave but also in the community. So it could have been sold in clubs the night before the rave. As it was only one person taken ill, I would think it was probably more of an individual reaction rather than a bad batch? Also, Corrie's actions of getting drunk, eating a large meal and then falling asleep in the doorway, don't suggest that he was taking any kind of 'upper' drug like E, cocaine, or methamphetamine, at least not in the club prior to the last CCTV sighting.

I agree that it's a very good find, and definitely the sort of thing to help pad out information of what else was happening around BSE that weekend, because we don't know if there might be something like this that has a connection to Corrie's disappearance.

A new theory has been rattling around my head. What if Corrie was actually waiting for that bin lorry? He runs to the area looks around but wagon not there yet, he's returned to base this way before, so he ambles over to bin checks its still full and waits. The bin is dry recycling commercial waste so the bin is not full and not too filthy and we know it only collects 11kg of waste. I don't think he gets a lift with driver because I think the passenger side of a such a large vehicle once reversed in to the area would be visible on cctv, so he gets into the back. Maybe others from base have also done this and they know not to get in until the mechanical blade has compressed waste and is locked into place for driving. Best practice states that ideally all bin lorries should have a driver and reverse assistant but this is not always the case and we have heard no reference to another staff member being present so a person jumping on whilst driver moving off could go unnoticed. He isn't picked up on cctv leaving because he's on the inside of the lorry and gets off at a point when lorry has to slow down or pause, traffic lights maybe.

I think the bins are weighed at collection so the right charges can be applied? and the driver would have seen him missterious, and forensics say absolutely no Corrie in/on/under the bin lorry. That's on the findcorrie site... I believe the answers led people to question if the correct bin lorry was seized and examined forensically.

As for searching Kings Forest (mentioned earlier but couldn't quote?) this was searched because it's a possible walking route home for Corrie, and the quickest place to dispose of a body if he had been hit by a vehicle on that walk. The interview with SULSAR with BBC look east mentioned this.

I'll try to do links later, just getting kids ready for school and wasn't expecting to be able to post this morning :)

FWIW, my theory is there's an affair with USAF wife. That's why he refuses an earlier lift. That's why he looks a bit coy going round the corner. That's why his phone is closer to USAF base than his own. Bases STILL haven't been searched. I think they'll find him in Thetford Forest. Just my opinion. Sorry to be so blunt :/

He's not in a bin which was weighed, he's climbed directly into the wagon. I know forensically it's ruled out but if he isn't leaking bodily fluids and bin lorry wasn't searched for quite some time afterwards, what are you going to find? He's not seen on cctv as he's hiding in the lorry gap between compressor blade and rear of wagon and hopped out near the area searched and met an accident somewhere later is what I'm considering.

there are many blind points on a bin wagon, look at this incident and there were two people manning this wagon!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grandmother-72-crushed-death-reversing-8091367

I think the bins are weighed at collection so the right charges can be applied? and the driver would have seen him missterious, and forensics say absolutely no Corrie in/on/under the bin lorry. That's on the findcorrie site... I believe the answers led people to question if the correct bin lorry was seized and examined forensically.

:)

BBM. If this was the case then the truck spent all this time for only 11kgs of recycling. I presumed it was weighed onto the truck?

I'm not suggesting Corrie was drugged, I'm thinking more that he wasn't reported missing until the monday so as the rave was the saturday, there's possibilities of witness' that may have seen something whilst on their travels to the rave or in thetford forrest, any small thing could be the missing piece every one is looking for....

The date on there for the time that the man was taken ill is given as 25th September, and it seems he was taken ill while still at the rave. I think it's doubtful that the same thing might have happened to Corrie, but it might be worth checking that area just to make sure, just in case Corrie was up and walking around on the 24th, after the last CCTV sighting, and did have communication and interaction with people on that day and ended up going to a rave in the evening, then never seen again, and it's just that no one has come forward. The problem with that scenario is that Corrie would probably have been seen by people during the day and that at least one person at the rave, not knowing what happened, might come forward to say they saw him there?

What would concern me would be that if it was a bad batch of drugs then they might not only be passed out at the rave but also in the community. So it could have been sold in clubs the night before the rave. As it was only one person taken ill, I would think it was probably more of an individual reaction rather than a bad batch? Also, Corrie's actions of getting drunk, eating a large meal and then falling asleep in the doorway, don't suggest that he was taking any kind of 'upper' drug like E, cocaine, or methamphetamine, at least not in the club prior to the last CCTV sighting.

I agree that it's a very good find, and definitely the sort of thing to help pad out information of what else was happening around BSE that weekend, because we don't know if there might be something like this that has a connection to Corrie's disappearance.

I have no idea how the backs of bin lorrys are made secure or even if they are. I know that there have been pics on here of potential similar lorries. I'm struggling with the bin theory, but that's possibly because what we have repeatedly been told on the website.

I'm willing to consider all options here, I may just need a bit more time, like when I haven't got two kids hanging off me lol, to go over what you're saying :)

I posted the paragraph below back on thread 10. Someone else posted on thread 10 that Corrie appeared to look directly into the camera before walking into the horseshoe area. I also posted did he bin the phone himself. I voted for lift and something happening to him naturally walking back, but I have been open to AWOL too, maybe not a pre planned, but if he was taking a couple of days out, and intended coming back, it would be very difficult after your mother saying you couldn't possibly be AWOL and the massive online publicity thereafter. (find corrie website).If he is AWOL he may not even be in this country now and somewhere like London, you are lost among millions. If the police have no leads then it must be really difficult for them. Speculation and JMO

He is a performer and loves performing, is totally comfortable with himself in front of camera and comes across as extrovert. Many (not all) performers have deep insecurities deep down behind their performance. They crave adoration and attention. I am not saying Corrie has but many I have worked with over the years, in acting and comedy do. As I watched his videos (you tube) I wondered why he was in the RAF and why he had not pursued a career in performing arts, modelling eg. Conducting the RAF band that day it may have been cringe to some but Corrie was happy, as he was performing to an audience and with all his videos it's a case of never mind the quality of the performance, I am performing and people are viewing. Same with joining in the singing on his last night seen on BBC East. It's like a drug for some people the need to perform and be noticed and be adored by people. There is a sweet innocence in him. JMO. I do hope he is alive.

IMO it's unlikley that Corrie will be found far from BSE so as long as there is good local awareness I don't think it will hinder the investigation that people further away don't know about it.

Even if he is AWOL I don't think he's going to be out in public where someone might be able to recognise him

JMO

A new theory has been rattling around my head. What if Corrie was actually waiting for that bin lorry? He runs to the area looks around but wagon not there yet, he's returned to base this way before, so he ambles over to bin checks its still full and waits. The bin is dry recycling commercial waste so the bin is not full and not too filthy and we know it only collects 11kg of waste. I don't think he gets a lift with driver because I think the passenger side of a such a large vehicle once reversed in to the area would be visible on cctv, so he gets into the back. Maybe others from base have also done this and they know not to get in until the mechanical blade has compressed waste and is locked into place for driving. Best practice states that ideally all bin lorries should have a driver and reverse assistant but this is not always the case and we have heard no reference to another staff member being present so a person jumping on whilst driver moving off could go unnoticed. He isn't picked up on cctv leaving because he's on the inside of the lorry and gets off at a point when lorry has to slow down or pause, traffic lights maybe.

That's a possible theory, if it is the case Id' hope the others at the base would have told the police about it but the police seem certain that the bin lorry driver doesn't know anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500