UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has become a 'suspected murder' enquiry I suppose now they are searching landfill.?

While there were ongoing searches in the countryside areas I I felt there was still a chance he had met with a fatal accident, but it has moved past that now it seems.

I interpreted it as the person Corrie went into Flex with was a work colleague and he gave a very rough guesstimate of 2am

I think you're probably right with regards it being a "two-ish" kinda deal, everything was quite low key at that point but I don't think we know that it's a work colleague he entered Flex with.

This has become a 'suspected murder' enquiry I suppose now they are searching landfill.?

While there were ongoing searches in the countryside areas I I felt there was still a chance he had met with a fatal accident, but it has moved past that now it seems.

That is a question I had, too. I just watched a documentary about Claudia Lawrence, and that says it was switched from missing person to murder without a body (or suspected murder?) at 6 weeks into the enquiry.

Does that mean the police are open to Corrie getting in a bin by himself and somehow ending up in a bin lorry and then landfill? Or are they just waiting to see if they can get evidence of a crime from the landfill?

Surely the police would be talking to CPS every now and then to discuss what they have so far and what potential that has for possibly turning it into a criminal enquiry?

I think you're probably right with regards it being a "two-ish" kinda deal, everything was quite low key at that point but I don't think we know that it's a work colleague he entered Flex with.

No, I don't think we have been told who he went into Flex with (aside from having two versions of him going into Flex, one alone and one with a friend).

But we were told that Corrie met up with friends that night who were from the base, and we were told (in one version) that he entered Flex with a friend. The most likely source for the 2am time would be someone who Corrie works with imho.

That is a question I had, too. I just watched a documentary about Claudia Lawrence, and that says it was switched from missing person to murder without a body (or suspected murder?) at 6 weeks into the enquiry.

Does that mean the police are open to Corrie getting in a bin by himself and somehow ending up in a bin lorry and then landfill? Or are they just waiting to see if they can get evidence of a crime from the landfill?

Surely the police would be talking to CPS every now and then to discuss what they have so far and what potential that has for possibly turning it into a criminal enquiry?

I'm thinking (possibly incorrectly) that they wouldn't undertake what is going to be a very unpleasant, disruptive, time consuming and expensive search without some basis.

They must surely have a wealth of backup information that they are working with by now that has led them to this eventuality imo.

I'm thinking (possibly incorrectly) that they wouldn't undertake what is going to be a very unpleasant, disruptive, time consuming and expensive search without some basis.

They must surely have a wealth of backup information that they are working with by now that has led them to this eventuality imo.

Yet wasn't it quite early on in the investigation when the police requested that that area of landfill not have any more rubbish emptied into it? So it seems the idea has been on the backburner for a while?

I wonder if the 2am thing was the person who stopped to speak to him in Hughes doorway?

I remember way back that there was two bin collections said to have taken place. I think the first was at about 3.40am and another, the BL that had way too much attention on it. The first one somehow seemed to disappear out of the equation after a few weeks. That aside, if the waste (I take that to be general waste, not recycling) was not collected until a few days later, assuming we are talking about commercial waste in bins such as we see in the HS area and SB too, how come any staff member putting waste into that bin did not see a body in there? Also, if these are commercial bins, are their weights recorded too, just like the recycling one was? I would think they are. So surely, there should be records of these weights and one may stand out as being a lot heavier than normal?

I also wonder if LE is actually talking about other bins, such as household bins, but want us to think otherwise. As someone said in the previous thread, that if crime took place in a house, a soiled carpet could be taken to the tip rolled up. Equally, could a body be put into bin liners and taken by the household waste collection, perhaps on a Monday morning?

I remember way back that there was two bin collections said to have taken place. I think the first was at about 3.40am and another, the BL that had way too much attention on it. The first one somehow seemed to disappear out of the equation after a few weeks. That aside, if the waste (I take that to be general waste, not recycling) was not collected until a few days later, assuming we are talking about commercial waste in bins such as we see in the HS area and SB too, how come any staff member putting waste into that bin did not see a body in there? Also, if these are commercial bins, are their weights recorded too, just like the recycling one was? I would think they are. So surely, there should be records of these weights and one may stand out as being a lot heavier than normal?

I also wonder if LE is actually talking about other bins, such as household bins, but want us to think otherwise. As someone said in the previous thread, that if crime took place in a house, a soiled carpet could be taken to the tip rolled up. Equally, could a body be put into bin liners and taken by the household waste collection, perhaps on a Monday morning?

I don't remember the 2 bins. Just the one everyone kept going on about - the recycling one with 15kg (allegedly)

Tell me more about a refuse bin at 3.40am please. (Any links)?

I don't think a bin liner would support an adults body.

Who would wait until Monday to get rid of a dead body?

The person would need help to load it on, and off a vehicle. At least another person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biffa has bragged on its intranet and real time data.

http://download.m3mobile.co.kr/SDK/CaseStudy/BiffaWasteServices_UK.pdf
"The company runs a fleet of some
1200 waste collection trucks. Some
years ago, these were fitted with Biffa’s
own data collection system, BINS
(Biffa In Cab Notification System).
This enabled Biffa to provide real-time
confirmation of its services to its
customers, via the corporate intranet.
Each servicing depot was also able
to follow the progress of its trucks and
the status of each job on a specially
designed screen. "

I am not sure of the capability, but if the police think C could be in a landfield, then they also believe:

The weight reported by biffa is incorrect.
OR,
Corrie left in another bin later.
Or someone has not been honest about trash collection.
I am guessing Biffa knows pretty much exactly where their trucks are, and when they pickup, and how much they pick up. So is it all automatic or does the driver punch in the weight? or does the info go from the scales to the data device? Could 33 lbs really be something much larger? What did this pu usually have. I think the weight is reported in metric...the caving of the great british empire to the french, but I digress, but does it require manually inputting the weight or is it all automated? Could the small weight be due to a typo? transposition? intentional underreporting? Is this the tip that gives rise to the search of landfills? Did the police determine all they knew about bins, lorries and weights was based on a loose system, or one man's opinion. So now we have Oops...I guess we should have taken a look at the landfill? Or did someone drop a dime lately? Sorry not sure what a payphone cost in Britain in say the 1960's when drop a dime became a saying.

If Corrie is in landfill (really hope he isn't) I'm thinking whatever happened, happened quickly. Maybe a scuffle resulting in one of those 'one punch' kind of deaths? Maybe more than one person there so they've made a pact? Put him in the bin, noticed his phone then realised if they took it they'd be traced so on the way out of HS lobbed it into the bin outside Greggs? I don't understand where HS/SB and all the other streets are to be honest so I don't know if that's even possible but this is just a thought I had🤔

If Corrie is in landfill (really hope he isn't) I'm thinking whatever happened, happened quickly. Maybe a scuffle resulting in one of those 'one punch' kind of deaths? Maybe more than one person there so they've made a pact? Put him in the bin, noticed his phone then realised if they took it they'd be traced so on the way out of HS lobbed it into the bin outside Greggs? I don't understand where HS/SB and all the other streets are to be honest so I don't know if that's even possible but this is just a thought I had[emoji848]

Planned attack?

And why didn't anyone notice him missing until late afternoon on Monday?

Very good points especially last para.

Sorry easynic it wouldn't let me quote reply...

Planned attack?

I'm not sure, My brother is the same age and I'm trying to think along my brothers and his mates age group, when people are drunk they think they're rocky, if C went for a wee and the perp(s) were in the HS drunk too/taking drugs or something, they could've started mocking his clothes calling him gay etc (I know it's wrong but it's a fact, I've heard my brothers and his friends calling each other's outfits 'gay' before a night out, and my brother regularly wears white jeans and light shirts too and people have commented that on his pictures) and Corrie, being strong and drunk could've relatiated and his death COULD have been accidental? I guess though that whoever was responsible would be seen fleeing on CCTV? Unless they went in to a building.... god knows I'm just brainstorming really, I would make a terrible investigator haha

And why didn't anyone notice him missing until late afternoon on Monday?

I'm sure his brother said in a live q&a it's not unusual for lads to disappear for a weekend it's a thrill and part of the fun when they all come back together and talk about what they got up to/who did they pull..

I don't think a bin liner would support an adults body.

Who would wait until Monday to get rid of a dead body?

The person would need help to load it on, and off a vehicle. At least another person

Sadly there have been cases where bodies have been disposed in several bin liners. Also, we don't know it is even a Biffa lorry now. We have gone from 1 to up to 800 bin lorries based on the amount of waste that has to be gone through.

Is it possible that the police have been waiting all this time for the forensics to come back on bins other than the one collected the night Corrie disappeared, and have just got confirmation of something in there?

Is anyone familiar with the TV series Bones? Is the science in that valid -- albeit in an exaggerated TV sense? I mean, say a person was stabbed so forcefully that a knife hit bone, would that show up on an autopsy? There's so much potential in forensics, but I have no idea how much is done as a matter of course. I always think of autopsies as being done on 'flesh' bodies, but that series shows so much information being available from skeletal remains...I can tell some is exaggerated but I don't know exactly how much.

They are looking for Corrie, not his phone, so the forensics would make sense Amonet

Is it possible that the police have been waiting all this time for the forensics to come back on bins other than the one collected the night Corrie disappeared, and have just got confirmation of something in there?

Is anyone familiar with the TV series Bones? Is the science in that valid -- albeit in an exaggerated TV sense? I mean, say a person was stabbed so forcefully that a knife hit bone, would that show up on an autopsy? There's so much potential in forensics, but I have no idea how much is done as a matter of course. I always think of autopsies as being done on 'flesh' bodies, but that series shows so much information being available from skeletal remains...I can tell some is exaggerated but I don't know exactly how much.

I do know they can often tell from archaeological digs of human skeletons how they have died hundreds of years ago from bone cuts or fractures so I am sure a lot is possible. Unfortunately the time it is going to take will be dreadful for the families.

Forensic anthropologists often interpret cause of death from bones alone. Bones is a bit farfetched but in real life it happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox