UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you got that figure as it was reported that 8000 tons had to be moved to make the area safe to work in. The amount of waste they need to sift through has only ever been reported by depth and size of the area rather than it's weight.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Yes it was reported as 920 sq metres x 8 metres deep which is 7360 cubic metres in volume. A cubic metre is usually about a tonne so nearly 8000 tonnes so that was where the figure came from as an early estimate, which also coincided with the amount that had to be moved first so it has been confusing. If they are doing about 250 tons a week that would take 30 weeks not 10 weeks so the figures provided have been difficuly to fathom.

I'd say the opposite, the further down the LF they get the more likley they are to find something

IMO they have so far been searching through rubbish that was dumped after 24 Sep and will now be getting nearer to the waste from that weekend

JMO
Didn't they say they knew where the waste for a particular timeframe and source was situated because of the landfill records? So why couldn't they go straight to the approximate area?

Didn't they say they knew where the waste for a particular timeframe and source was situated because of the landfill records? So why couldn't they go straight to the approximate area?
The landfill used to be a clay mine so waste goes into "cells" , they are able to tell what cell the rubbish from BSE that night went into but they can't narrow it down more than that as rubbish would move about and shifts, it's not stable.

http://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/milton.html

Yes it was reported as 920 sq metres x 8 metres deep which is 7360 cubic metres in volume. A cubic metre is usually about a tonne so nearly 8000 tonnes so that was where the figure came from as an early estimate, which also coincided with the amount that had to be moved first so it has been confusing. If they are doing about 250 tons a week that would take 30 weeks not 10 weeks so the figures provided have been difficuly to fathom.
Aha but it isn't all eight metres deep though, it was reported as up to eight metres. Maybe only 10% is eight metres and 60% is three metres etc. etc. which then makes sense how they've estimated roughly ten weeks.

I think a body of a grown man will get deeper and deeper by time, so eventually it could be really in the depths after all this time...

IMO two weeks ago they identified the area of the landfill that the rubbish from that time was in hence Trying to find something before the holiday, it has been said anything from 6 to 10 weeks to search , if we were to take 6 weeks then they must be all but finished now,

Aha but it isn't all eight metres deep though, it was reported as up to eight metres. Maybe only 10% is eight metres and 60% is three metres etc. etc. which then makes sense how they've estimated roughly ten weeks.

Yeah it's probably not an exact science. 10 weeks would only be 2,500 tonnes though, so only a third of the original amount, which would mean only an average of about 3 metres depth x 920 sq metres however. Maybe they included the top soil that has to be scrapedoff first to get to the waste, which would make sense I guess too. Just wish it would be over quickly now.

I think that's exactly what they have done, it's just that the approx area is large.

Do you remember the case of the lottery winner who threw their ticket away? I'm sure they said then that they knew the general area of that LF that the bin contents would have gone to but that it was too big to have any chance of finding them

Yeah it's probably not an exact science. 10 weeks would only be 2,500 tonnes though, so only a third of the original amount, which would mean only an average of about 3 metres depth x 920 sq metres however. Maybe they included the top soil that has to be scrapedoff first to get to the waste, which would make sense I guess too. Just wish it would be over quickly now.

I agree, this type of search is so unusual that the 10 weeks would only ever have been a very rough guesstimate, it will take as long as it takes and IMO that will be longer than 10 weeks

I agree, this type of search is so unusual that the 10 weeks would only ever have been a very rough guesstimate, it will take as long as it takes and IMO that will be longer than 10 weeks
I agree. Taking into account Easter, heavy rainy days etc...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I also wonder what happens to the rubbish after a illegal rave/ free party ?

I think a body of a grown man will get deeper and deeper by time, so eventually it could be really in the depths after all this time...

I hate to say it, but I don't think his body is intact. if they've got this far searching the landfill, I think they're now looking for bits of him rather than a whole body.

I also wonder what happens to the rubbish after a illegal rave/ free party ?
Interesting point. Usually the landowner is responsible. I know because we had one over a three day bank holiday some years ago. We were away at the time. Major pain in the aris with no help from LE whatsover. Presume you are talking about the one on the 24th Sept ? Who was the landowner? Do we know?

Interesting point. Usually the landowner is responsible. I know because we had one over a three day bank holiday some years ago. We were away at the time. Major pain in the aris with no help from LE whatsover. Presume you are talking about the one on the 24th Sept ? Who was the landowner? Do we know?

It was said to be in Thetford Forest 'near' Grimes Graves so maybe English Heritage, more probably Forestry Commission?

It was said to be in Thetford Forest 'near' Grimes Graves so maybe English Heritage, more probably Forestry Commission?
Yes it looks like English Heritage manage it. Quite a large site (90 acres) near Brandon. Loads of neolithic mines. Looks like a spooky place.

Far too much to catch up on here, but no doubt it's already been asked:

Why are the family so eager to disbunk the thought of him staging his own disappearance? He has the training, he had the time to make things fall into place. It does happen for whatever reason(s).

I did ask this on the find Corrie FB page, but my post was deleted straight away and posting restrictions put in place.

If he isn't found on the refuse site, it's the most likely scenario (in my mind).

Cass xx

Far too much to catch up on here, but no doubt it's already been asked:

Why are the family so eager to disbunk the thought of him staging his own disappearance? He has the training, he had the time to make things fall into place. It does happen for whatever reason(s).

I did ask this on the find Corrie FB page, but my post was deleted straight away and posting restrictions put in place.

If he isn't found on the refuse site, it's the most likely scenario (in my mind).

Cass xx

i agree that if he is not found at the landfill then IMO the most likely out come would be disappearance of own accord ,

No don't know the land owner. Just have seen the destruction and the rubbish left behind after ? And would be horrified if that happened to me ? What would you do with the rubbish they left behind ?

Hi everyone.

Thread #21 is open for posting.

Please take a moment to read Tricia's post at the beginning of that thread.

This thread will be closing in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA