UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again begging the question of why the hell all this stuff is in landfill. I don't get it.
I used to argue with my partner as he refused to recycle anything and just chucked everything into the bin. His point was that it's a waste of time as everything ends up in the landfill anyway. Appears he may well have been correct!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I would have thought it's quite typical of stuff that ends up in landfill. General waste. Not everyone sorts all their recyclable rubbish down to every single item. I recycle most of the card and paper that we get, but some paper items still end up in the general waste bin, and I'm sure there are many people who don't bother at all.

LOL I think you will find the Maddie case has cost the tax payer approx £12 million
Why lol? I said "one of" and mentioned two others I am aware of. Normal mispers are around £2,500 so what is your point?

I would have thought it's quite typical of stuff that ends up in landfill. General waste. Not everyone sorts all their recyclable rubbish down to every single item. I recycle most of the card and paper that we get, but some paper items still end up in the general waste bin, and I'm sure there are many people who don't bother at all.
I think ironside's and cagney's points are that it hasnt even been incinerated let alone recycled so why bother separating waste at all? And I have to agree. Seems like the council may have some red faces and some explaining after all this. JMO.

I was actually horrified at people's attitude to waste when I emigrated to the UK. I came from a country where you'd pay per bag or wheelie bin of general waste and recycling was free so it was natural to me to recycle as much as possible. Because everything is covered here by council tax people don't seem to care as much.

Sounds promising. Wonder how much more they have to go through now.?
Very promising. How many of us think it will be done by Easter ? If they are already on the right day's rubbish and are doing about 250 tons a week, it looks likely to me . Anyone know or remember how much rubbish from BSE goes to LF daily ? IIRC was it about 25 lorries a day?

No that is from 2011 and the start of Operation Grange
So that is about £170k a month and this one has been about £125k a month so far. Both with no results ATM and the only conclusion is money doesn't solve Misper cases IMO.

Answering my own question above, so thought this snip informative:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/p...-missing-serviceman-corrie-mckeague-1-4968573

Police said they were stepping up efforts to find the RAF Honington gunner, as they carry out the first weekend searches so far on the Milton landfill site in Cambridgeshire.

More than 1,620 tonnes of waste has been searched since the operation began a month ago on March 6.

“I think it’s unbelievable what these officers are doing,” said Martin McKeague, who has now visited the site five times.

“I definitely don’t envy what they’re going to have to do. I don’t think they’ll manage the 90 tonnes [over the weekend] that they’ve been doing if it’s going to be as hot as they’re saying. I just can’t thank these guys enough and I will keep thanking them. It’s a horrendous task that they’ve got to do.”

Very promising. How many of us think it will be done by Easter ? If they are already on the right day's rubbish and are doing about 250 tons a week, it looks likely to me . Anyone know or remember how much rubbish from BSE goes to LF daily ? IIRC was it about 25 lorries a day?
Now that they are in the correct area, it's a big push, and keep the momentum going, to aim for next weekend, to finish that area. So I agree.

I think ironside's and cagney's points are that it hasnt even been incinerated let alone recycled so why bother separating waste at all? And I have to agree. Seems like the council may have some red faces and some explaining after all this. JMO.

I can't find the Suffolk council article bragging that nothing goes to landfill. Anyone got it to hand?

I was actually horrified at people's attitude to waste when I emigrated to the UK. I came from a country where you'd pay per bag or wheelie bin of general waste and recycling was free so it was natural to me to recycle as much as possible. Because everything is covered here by council tax people don't seem to care as much.

What a great idea, which country is that?

As a family we recycle about 3/4 of our rubbish I reckon (judging by fullness of our two bins). I would be pretty annoyed if I found it all went to the same place.

I can't find the Suffolk council article bragging that nothing goes to landfill. Anyone got it to hand?

As a family we recycle about 3/4 of our rubbish I reckon (judging by fullness of our two bins). I would be pretty annoyed if I found it all went to the same place.
We have no rubbish except recycling ( cans, glass and plastic bottles). Everything else is fuel for the woodburner or compost and food for the two 40kg greedy dogs.

Interesting! I live in BSE and I've never seen the county council say nothing goes to landfill. A waste management company, yes, but not from local government. And I'm a saddo who reads the leaflets left on the bins to make sure I'm disposing of stuff correctly.

Interesting! I live in BSE and I've never seen the county council say nothing goes to landfill. A waste management company, yes, but not from local government. And I'm a saddo who reads the leaflets left on the bins to make sure I'm disposing of stuff correctly.

Ah, maybe it was the waste company that said it then. I know an article has been posted about it here before, and I'm pretty sure it said 100% of waste is recycled or incinerated.

This is it I think:

It is a sight which dominates the skyline and now dominates Suffolk’s claim to be the greenest county. Every single bag of general refuge from households and businesses in the county is going to a £180million incinerator plant in Great Blakenham, near Ipswich – preventing any rubbish going to landfill.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/tour-of-...aste-incinerator-at-great-blakenham-1-3883498

Again begging the question of why the hell all this stuff is in landfill. I don't get it.
They originally said it was recycling from Greggs but it got changed to 'household' refuse. This fits very well with the theory that IMO C went elsewhere within BSE area to a party or something similar and something happened to him there, rather than in the HS area. That said, I am not completely convinced that he will be found in landfill.

They originally said it was recycling from Greggs but it got changed to 'household' refuse. This fits very well with the theory that IMO C went elsewhere within BSE area to a party or something similar and something happened to him there, rather than in the HS area. That said, I am not completely convinced that he will be found in landfill.

But then that doesn't explain the weight-of-a-man bin that got collected less than an hour after C was seen near it. Surely they muct have got that info correct, surely it's been double triple quadruple checked.

I really thought he'd have been found by now. However, if they think they are "near" because of other things found recently, maybe it will be this week, I hope so. When it was first suggested Corrie was at landfill I thought it would be the worst place for him to have been lying all this time, but now I just want him found, it's gone on way too long.

But then that doesn't explain the weight-of-a-man bin that got collected less than an hour after C was seen near it. Surely they muct have got that info correct, surely it's been double triple quadruple checked.

I really thought he'd have been found by now. However, if they think they are "near" because of other things found recently, maybe it will be this week, I hope so. When it was first suggested Corrie was at landfill I thought it would be the worst place for him to have been lying all this time, but now I just want him found, it's gone on way too long.
What did our poll say?

Did anyone see the update from his dad saying the searchers are finding letters from around that date C went missing and that they are getting in the right place? I thought as they hadn't found anything he wasn't there but if they're only now getting into the right place I feel sick with nerves all over again :(

So that is about £170k a month and this one has been about £125k a month so far. Both with no results ATM and the only conclusion is money doesn't solve Misper cases IMO.
Personally I don't really mind how much it costs as long as what is being done is being done properly and all avenues explored and all missing people treated the same. If I previously offended you for any reason apologies :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy