GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The body found at East Leach has just been named as that of Rebecca Godden, who was reported as missing from the Swindon area in 2007.

The poor girl would have been 29 yesterday.

Does Jia have a thread here on WS? I can't find one. If she does please take this post to her thread for me? TIA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-hold-clues-fate-dead-Thorntons-analyst.html

Last updated at 10:39 AM on 7th April 2011

Does this man hold vital clues about the fate of murdered Thorntons analyst Jia Ashton?

First picture: Police want to trace this man, seen here in the Cotes Park Inn, in Somercotes, on the night that Jia Ashton was killed

Second picture: (face only) this man who was seen in Sleetmoor Woods on the night Jia was killed

TIA for moving a link of my post if she has a thread.

Attachments

• Cotes Park Inn, Somercotes unidentified man.jpg
    Cotes Park Inn, Somercotes unidentified man.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 10
  • POI Jia.jpg
    POI Jia.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 10
Taken from another forum, something to read while things are slow.

http://fjlathome2.blogspot.com/2011/01/vincent-tabak-may-have-been-framed.html

Well imagine this could be the case but still believe VT is involved in their way of thinking and connected. His web photo is too symbolic and wearing red at his hearings, in defiance I would imagine gives another clue. Be interesting to see if he wears the same symbolic red again at his next court appearance, but then this time he might be pleading not guilty.

Can't seem to get on Avonmouth Skeleton topic, tried to contact website but email keeps getting returned. What do I do?

Can't seem to get on Avonmouth Skeleton topic, tried to contact website but email keeps getting returned. What do I do?

Because I now see it has been closed.

Some of us it appears in our speculation about this case have got it wrong and we have to respect the wishes of her family and leave her to rest in peace . But I doubt any of us intended any harm and as we were not privy to this case been reported as a tragic accident then our intentions were to look at the case as we have with others from an investigative angle and with the best possible motives. I can see how reporting this case by the media may have caused concerns for her son but I have to ask how can some cases be so totally exposed revealing all aspects of a person life style as in the case Becky Edwards but not others. ?

LE - Law Enforcement/Police
JY - Joanna Yeates (Murder Victim/Strangled)
GR - Greg Reardon (JY's boyfriend)
VT - Vincent Tabak (Charged With Murder Of JY 22/01/2011)
NUA - Neighbour Under Arrest aka VT (32yr old Neighbour Charged With Murder Of JY 22/01/2011)
EW - Emily Williams (Co-owner of property in Aberdeen Rd / Scene of VT Arrest)
CJ - Christopher Jeffries (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder 01/01/2011) (Cleared Of All Charges 08/03/2011)
LL - LandLord aka CJ (Arrested & Released On Bail On Suspicion Of Murder 01/01/2011) (Cleared Of All Charges 08/03/2011)

LP, Lorp - Lawrence Penney (tennant from next door)
PS - Peter Stanley, (Landlord of LP/Lorp)
RS - Rebecca Scott (Joanna's Bestfriend / Last phone call)
MW - Matthew Wood (Final Text / Friend of JY's Brother)
CAG - Casual Acquaintance Guy aka MW (Final Text / Friend of JY's Brother)
DY - David Yeates (JY's Father)
TY - Theresa Yeates (JY's Mother)
CY - Chris Yeates (JY's Brother)
FR - Francis Reardon (GR's Half Brother from Sheffield)
Bernard - Joanna's Cat
:cat:

I just heard this on the news, I hope he gets a handsome payout a la Mccanns and a front page apology.
His life was picked over by the tabloids and his former pupils, he had no privacy.
I am ashamed for suspecting him when he was arrested.
Not suing the police though

His life was picked over by the tabloids and his former pupils

I suspected at the time that some of the more lurid quotes attributed to unnamed former pupils were made up by reporters. They did not sound as if they came from genuine Old Cliftonians. Most of the named ex-pupils had good things to say about him.

Because I now see it has been closed.

Some of us it appears in our speculation about this case have got it wrong and we have to respect the wishes of her family and leave her to rest in peace . But I doubt any of us intended any harm and as we were not privy to this case been reported as a tragic accident then our intentions were to look at the case as we have with others from an investigative angle and with the best possible motives. I can see how reporting this case by the media may have caused concerns for her son but I have to ask how can some cases be so totally exposed revealing all aspects of a person life style as in the case Becky Edwards but not others. ?

As far as I recall, most of us accepted the police statement that foul play was not suspected. Accordingly it's none of our business. Obviously murder cases are different.

As far as I recall, most of us accepted the police statement that foul play was not suspected. Accordingly it's none of our business. Obviously murder cases are different.

"A post-mortem examination has taken place but at this time the identity of the woman remains a mystery and there is no obvious indication of her cause of death.

"Therefore I have to keep a completely open mind about whether or not this could develop into a murder investigation."

He said detectives were awaiting the results of more forensic tests.

( Cherwell QUOTE Accordingly it's none of our business. )You are too right I wonder then why you or any of us bother to comment on anything on this website.

I was just trying to answer your question.

By the way, can you please provide a link to where the death was reported as being a "tragic accident"?

I was just trying to answer your question.

By the way, can you please provide a link to where the death was reported as being a "tragic accident"?

The family and friends of Loraine Sweetman are aware of the case as a being a tragic accident and have posted this on the appropriate thread as you may well have seen. It does not appear to have been reported as such in the press that is why there had been some speculation on the other thread that it may have been a murder. We have to respect the family and friends who wish this case to be considered now closed and I suggest we respect those wishes.

I see. No, I didn't see any of that on the separate thread and it seems to have been removed altogether. I don't understand why you brought it up again here.

I see.
No, I didn't see any of that on the separate thread and it seems to have been removed altogether.

Yes removed, but still available if you know how or want to find it.

I don't understand why you brought it up again here.

Because if you look back you will see I could not get back on that thread and wondered if anyone here knew why .There was a time lag before the last comment about it being a tragic accident had been posted so up untill then had no idea.

I repeat, I suggest we respect those wishes, no matter what ideas we have about the case.

More to talk about soon on the the original topic I would imagine.

Bringing the subject back on topic, isn't Vincent Tabak in court this week? I think that he will have to enter a plea, I wonder whether he will plead guilty or not guilty?
Maybe guilty to manslaughter...

Is it tuesday that he appears?

Tabak did not enter a formal plea but a provisional trial date was fixed for October 4 and a plea and case management hearing will take place on May 4.

Mr Justice Treacy, told Tabak: “Your next appearance in court will be on May 4 by which time the case papers will have been served and you will see in detail what the allegations are against you. There will be a hearing to make the final arrangements for a trial which we expect to take place in October.”
http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Tr...ed-murder/article-3163616-detail/article.html

The hearing and the trial, I believe, are both scheduled for Bristol Crown Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500