GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing on the courtserve website for Bristol as yet, however there are a few 'special procedures' marked in. Maybe they don't want the general public gathering outside.

http://www.courtserve.net/

Nothing on the courtserve website for Bristol as yet, however there are a few 'special procedures' marked in.

I have heard that the Plea Hearing has been moved from Bristol to the Old Bailey in London.

... and also that the Old Bailey hearing is now listed for tomorrow (Thursday 5th May) rather than today.

The forum's been quiet, we'v been through more or less everything we can talk about how V.T came to be charged with murder, and we hav'nt found out much, maybe tomorrow will be interesting and will throw some light on the case, is he going to plead guilty or not guilty, its been a long wait, look forward to tomorrow now. Pauline.

you can go view things at old bailey cant you? is it worth the trip do you guys think?

you can go view things at old bailey cant you? is it worth the trip do you guys think?

You can view the proceedings from the public gallery at any crown court, providing there's room. But it's certainly not worth a trip tomorrow. If VT pleads guilty, a date will be set for sentencing and the whole thing will be over in a couple of minutes. If he pleads not guilty, there will be discussion of matters such as how long the trial is likely to take, and whether all parties have had access to the evidence, but no details of the evidence will be revealed - it's all just administration.

The listing of the case as "For mention" is simply an old term for what is now called a case management hearing. Basically, a check on how things are going and how they are likely to proceed if there is to be a trial.

I think he will plead not guilty. Also i hope he does, purely for selfish reasons as i really want to know the circumstances of that night... it is intriguing. Poor Jo, whatever the outcome.

if he pleads guilty, and chooses never to confess or make any admissions, does that mean we never get to hear what evidence the police had against him?

Pleading Not Guilty to murder but Guilty to manslaughter

They must have pretty good evidence to still have a murder trial, right? I'm surprised he pleaded guilty to anything to be honest.

Of course we can't speculate too much but on what grounds has he pleaded manslaughter, I wonder. Still think he is not the only one involved in this case.

I'm not surprised by this as it seemed very likely that the CPS had rock solid evidence that he killed her, which is why he didn't request bail IMO.

I expect he'll say he accidentally choked her in a struggle by trying to restrain her and silence her. I think that's probably what happened and he didn't intend to kill her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike