GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've worked it out.

It's a masonic thing. The whole story of Hiram Abiff (the architect of the Temple) is supposed to be a retelling of the legend of Isis and Osiris, so Isis is a symbolic figure in Masonic lore.

Improving Services in Somerset is ISIS. That's no accident you understand, it means that the local government in Somerset and the Avon and Somerset Constabulary is run by the masons. Thus JY was killed as part of a masonic rite, probably involving secret tunnels in Clifton, and VT is simply the fall guy selected to deflect everyone away from this basic truth.

Or something like that.

Thus JY was killed as part of a masonic rite, probably involving secret tunnels in Clifton, and VT is simply the fall guy selected to deflect everyone away from this basic truth.

Or something like that.

Ah! Anyone seen in the area with their left trouser leg rolled up to the knee, I wonder? :cool:

private money private gain isis - Google Search

Some may say this means nothing just an abbriviation and I guess I know who will be the first to dispute it, but ISIS come on this case is going nowhere. VT will be found guilty take the rap to satisfy the public and Js parents and later found inocent. IMO.

Thanks for that Kingfisher. Just watched the video on your link, very telling.

South West One came into being in September 2007 after six months of negotiations between Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council, Avon & Somerset Police and IBM. Its aim is to provide all office services for the three public bodies, like human resources, reception services and I.T... But is the deal good for council taxpayers of Somerset?

There was further controversy in the months leading up to the signing of the deal when the project was named ISIS, Improving Services in Somerset. The person brought in to run the project, Susan Barnes, was the wife of the chief constable of Avon & Somerset Police,

Ms Barnes was employed as a consultant, brought in under the council's emergency procedures, for 20 months until the deal was signed in September 2007. During that period she earned more than £208,000.

Just one aspect concernng the Isis Contract. Also turns out so far, not to be such a good deal for taxpayers.

Then we have one of South West One's Public Service Bodies seen to be costing the taxpayers more money by their percieved incompetence.

The investigation, believed to have cost an estimated £1m ( so far), is understood to be focusing its attention on testing people known to Miss Yeates, 25, whose body was found dumped beside a country lane on Christmas Day after she went missing on December 17

A high-level review of the Jo Yeates murder inquiry could be ordered within days. So far, Avon and Somerset Police have arrested only one man, whom they later released on bail, leading to some questioning their progress in the high-profile case. And if the situation continues for another 11 days, a ‘28-day review’ will be held by a senior investigating officer either from within the force - or from outside it.

Due to the criticism lately of South West One, costing taxpayer money instead of their claim they will save them money, this would not go down too well at all.

Thanks for that Kingfisher. Just watched the video on your link, very telling.

Just one aspect concernng the Isis Contract. Also turns out so far, not to be such a good deal for taxpayers.

Then we have one of South West One's Public Service Bodies seen to be costing the taxpayers more money by their percieved incompetence.

Due to the criticism lately of South West One, costing taxpayer money instead of their claim they will save them money, this would not go down too well at all.

Thanks for detailing that, its really not good for Somerset, in many ways.

Thanks for detailing that, its really not good for Somerset, in many ways.

I see exactly where you were coming from Kingfisher and the reasons for your comparison, regarding the A&S Police and this case.

I see exactly where you were coming from Kingfisher and the reasons for your comparison, regarding the A&S Police and this case.

Well I'm glad somebody does.

Actually some of us are quite well aware of the background regarding ISIS/Southwest One and the connection with Ms Sue Barnes aka Mrs Colin Port (being the Chief Constable of A&SC). One of the local MPs (Ian Liddell-Grainger) has been making a fuss about it for a few years now.

But I still don't understand what it has to do with this case. Or indeed why it should have anything more to with this case than any of the other hundred-or-so homicides that A&SC have investigated since they signed up to the deal.

Well I'm glad somebody does.

Actually some of us are quite well aware of the background regarding ISIS/Southwest One and the connection with Ms Sue Barnes aka Mrs Colin Port (being the Chief Constable of A&SC). One of the local MPs (Ian Liddell-Grainger) has been making a fuss about it for a few years now.

But I still don't understand what it has to do with this case. Or indeed why it should have anything more to with this case than any of the other hundred-or-so homicides that A&SC have investigated since they signed up to the deal.

This case is very different in that it is reported to be unprecedented as regards public/media interest. Actually what some people are well aware of, or not aware of is nothing to do with my post. My post was to answer Kingfisher to let him/her know that I personally understood her post and how I felt it could relate to this case.

This case is very different in that it is reported to be unprecedented as regards public/media interest. Actually what some people are well aware of, or not aware of is nothing to do with my post. My post was to answer Kingfisher to let him/her know that I personally understood her post and how I felt it could relate to this case.

It's actually more a case of adding two and two to make seventeen.

What Kingfisher has failed to appreciate is this; because the Avon and Somerset Police came late to the Southwest One party they managed to get their outsourcing deal at what has been described as "rock bottom bargain basement prices". So all the flak relates to the deal that Somerset County Council (SCC) did with Southwest One. It's the SCC deal that has so far failed to deliver the promised savings, and it's the SCC who (as reported in the past few days) want to renegotiate the deal and bring some services back in house. The A&S deal is perfectly fine, and according to the DA (that's District Auditor in the UK) the arrangements "continue to offer significant economies of scale, providing savings in the region of £10m over the next 10 years". Something perhaps to be expected from an "Authority that has a good track record of achieving its efficiency saving targets".

Further, a Daily Mail reporter may well have written on the 14th January that they "believed" that the investigation had "cost an estimated £1m ( so far)", but so what? How much do you think it costs to investigate a murder? Take for example, the murder of one Kadeem Blackwood who was shot in the chest with a shotgun on the 11th November 2008 in full view of a number of witnesses. Derbyshire Constabulary had both perps in custody four days later. That investigation cost £600,000, and that was fairly simple. The average cost is more like £1.5m, and solving the average murder is fairly straightforward. (At least it is in the UK. Other jurisdictions may vary.) The JY case is anything but average, hence the public/media interest.

So I don't perceive any incompetence here at all.

That's assuming of course, that this is what Kingfisher was on about. Personally I think that the Masonic link is just as likely. It's certainly more entertaining.

I think I've worked it out.

It's a masonic thing. The whole story of Hiram Abiff (the architect of the Temple) is supposed to be a retelling of the legend of Isis and Osiris, so Isis is a symbolic figure in Masonic lore.

Improving Services in Somerset is ISIS. That's no accident you understand, it means that the local government in Somerset and the Avon and Somerset Constabulary is run by the masons. Thus JY was killed as part of a masonic rite, probably involving secret tunnels in Clifton, and VT is simply the fall guy selected to deflect everyone away from this basic truth.

Or something like that.

Oh. Well. Then.

[QUOTE=aneurin;
That's assuming of course, that this is what Kingfisher was on about. Personally I think that the Masonic link is just as likely. It's certainly more entertaining.

I am glad you find it entertaining I doubt JYs parents find it that . I believe they will have their own opinions and beliefs on the motives and connections of various bodies Police or otherwise in this case.

I hope if they are not satisfied with the outcome they will have enough courage and support to question the Police investigation, if not only for the loss of J but for the protection of others.

I am glad you find it entertaining I doubt JYs parents find it that . I believe they will have their own opinions and beliefs on the motives and connections of various bodies Police or otherwise in this case.

I hope if they are not satisfied with the outcome they will have enough courage and support to question the Police investigation, if not only for the loss of J but for the protection of others.

What a rather curious attempt at seizing the moral high round.

The simple fact is that the insinuations you made regarding the Southwest One deal have no bearing whatsoever on this or any other homicide investigation conducted by A&SC, irrespective of whether those insinuations relate to money or masonry.

somerset County Council is renegotiating its contract with South West One – the controversial company that runs ‘back-office’ services for various local authorities.

The partnership, set up in 2007, involves Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Council, Avon and Somerset Police and IBM.

It has involved outsourcing various council responsibilities like customer services, payroll, some finance operations, and human resources.

When started, the £600million contract was touted as being able to save the county council £180million over its ten-year lifetime, but, as reported by the County Gazette, it is now forecast to fall well-short of that target.

Now a the county council is setting up a panel, made up of the ruling Conservative group and opposition LibDems to examine the possibility of bringing some staff and services back in-house.

The council says that due to the commercial nature of the talks, details will not be made public.

Southwest One has been criticised for its high levels of secrecy since the outset while other critics see it as creating another layer of unnecessary costs.

Last month, we exclusively revealed how security passwords for every school website were allegedly published online at its site itsc.co.uk due to a mishap at Southwest One.

For more details on the story, see this week’s Somerset County Gazette. [/B]

SouthWest One is a joint partnership deal between Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council, Avon and Somerset Police and IBM.
Critics have claimed the deal is secretive and not open to scrutiny.

SouthWest One is a joint partnership deal between Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council, Avon and Somerset Police and IBM.
Critics have claimed the deal is secretive and not open to scrutiny.

I still don't see what this has to do with this case. Many councils have outsourcing partnerships. More councils are likely to follow suit. I deal with several of them in other parts of the country - the ins and outs of the deals in those cases the public aren't privy to either. That's down to business and commercial reasons than anything else.

I don't see why this information isn't open for public review. If I am correct this involves Taxpayers money, so why not open it up to scrutiny?

THATS DOWN TO BUSINESSS AND COMERCIAL REASONS

THATS ALL THE MORE REASON THE TAXPAYER SHOULD KNOW.

Not really. IBM won't want the commercials of how it secures business and the details of its business contracts bandied about for all ...including its own competitors...to see.

If the level of savings as per the original agreement aren't being made then that's a contractual issue between the council and IBM. There are most probably clauses written in to the original agreement covering this, and also allowing them to renegotiate which appears to be currently the case.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with the murder of JY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member