GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #17

I happen to think it was VT. I agree that it is not vitally important for the case now as he has been convicted of murder. However, I think it may shed light on a part of what happened that night if it is him. My theory is that he saw Jo in Waitrose and as she was on her own and so was he, he decided to act upon his dark compulsions and made sure to follow her or to get back first and wait for her to arrive home. Just my opinion. I don't understand why the prosecution did not use it to add to the possibility of intent, but maybe they didn't have any clear enough images they could use.

Do we know whether the police had any evidence of his whereabouts, e.g. from activity on his PCs or telephones at the time Joanna was in the Waitrose supermarket? It was around 8 10 pm if I recall correctly.

wfgodot
Or perhaps he's a stone-cold killer, this was premeditated, and Jo was his first known victim.

(Just thought I'd throw that in - doesn't seem to have been the case but we need some unreason on the thread!)

Now we know this has proved not to be unreason, wfgodot’s post way back was right. Hard to believe this seemingly inoffensive, quiet, shy, intelligent young man, appearing in court in the red jumper and useless specs, was in fact a repulsive pervert with an internet addiction to sexual violence to woman, asphyxiation fetishist, child *advertiser censored* and visiting prostitutes and a now convicted stone-cold killer.

His first known victim found strangled and beaten, it’s very possible there could be other missing victims buried out there somewhere. He was savvy enough to leave no dna trace at the crime scene, if he had got rid of Jo’s body successfully, possibly no dna to link him to anything at all.

If JY was his first victim there is no doubt she wouldn’t have been his last.

Just goes to show can we be sure of anyone, who really is that nice, quiet guy next door, scary!!

So savvy not to leave dna and all the trouble he went through, but not savvy enough to hide the body. But it does make you wonder if he has done it before and was now getting careless .

Who would want to live in that house, the macabre killing of Jo, the killers interest in child *advertiser censored*. A flat bought by the landlord whose previous owner also had an interest in child *advertiser censored*, a paedophile. Feel sorry for the other tenants when they have to give their addresses as.............

I wonder if something happened to him in his past to make him hate/disrespect women so much.

Thank you. Very enlightening.

You say "Trees and foliage behind the wall where Joanna's body was left. Even if VT had gotten her over the wall he would have had to carry her a few more metres to actually dump her in the quarry."

But don't you think that if he had dumped her in the quarry, the chances of her being found were higher than if he'd only tipped her over the wall? The snow of course was only ever going to be a temporary cover. In a working quarry, she would surely have been spotted sooner or later - whereas no one would have any reason to venture along the ledge behind that wall, and the remains would have gradually become overgrown.

I can see how those trees would have made it a lot harder to just tip the body over - he would have had to wiggle it through the gaps, not just lift and drop. And as you say, the slippery conditions would make it all much trickier.

But don't you think that if he had dumped her in the quarry, the chances of her being found were higher than if he'd only tipped her over the wall? The snow of course was only ever going to be a temporary cover. In a working quarry, she would surely have been spotted sooner or later - whereas no one would have any reason to venture along the ledge behind that wall, and the remains would have gradually become overgrown.
My thoughts exactly. If I were in charge of searching that area then the quarry would be first on the list!

When I was there I just couldn't understand why he didn't drive for another 30 seconds or so and leave her in the woods instead, which would have provided ample cover. There was actually an opening in the woods opposite the quarry entrance where he could have parked his car and could've been almost completely out of view of the road if he turned the headlights off. I guess the stress was just building and building and he couldn't stand having her in the car a moment longer. :waitasec:

I think he knew about the ledge behind the wall. It might have been something he'd noticed while out on his bike rides. I think he thought that was a spot where she'd never be found, but having found it harder to carry out than he expected, he was stuck. To get to the woods, he'd have had to put her back in the car first and that might have been more than he could manage.

Plus it seems there were quite a few cars about, what with the golf club parties and all going on. I wonder if anyone did report seeing him.

I wonder if something happened to him in his past to make him hate/disrespect women so much.

This is something I cannot seem to figure out.

Was his upbringing really that bad? many kids are pretty much left to their own devices for a variety of reasons but it does not make them murderers/perverts etc... it makes me think that they are born with some kind of wierd quirk that is an integral part of their nature. It does seem to involve some kind of Evil, based on the fact that some of these crimes you hear about are so sordid.

Maybe because women do not tend to 'warm' to these types based on the odd kind of vibe or energy they give off, they end up feeling rejected by women and this causes some kind of rage.

When I was a kid growing up in the UK i remember a kid used to come over to our neighborhood and we would immediately distance ourselves from him and form a little group away from him for safety.

Years later he was convicted of abusing his live in girlfriend's young daughters.

something that I forgot to add. This kid had attended an exclusive private school and his Sister was also at a good school with my sisters and I. She was a delightful, studious and well raised person, good family, happy etc. no issues seemed to be evident with the sister.

something that I forgot to add. This kid had attended an exclusive private school and his Sister was also at a good school with my sisters and I. She was a delightful, studious and well raised person, good family, happy etc. no issues seemed to be evident with the sister.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15386740
An insight to how some are born that way. Even if they were to find a way to treat this it would not stop people, cults , from carrying on being evil and abusive . Some for no reason seem to revel in sadistic abuse and others can't it seems help it. So all those with tendencies towards evil should they be classed as psychopaths .If they were to scan brains of all these sick minded people would they come up with the same brain abnormality I wonder or could it prove that not all evil people have the same brain abnormality and that in some cases evil is something that cannot be explained.

That is interesting, Kingfisher. Their definition of a psychopath:

"Clinically, we define it as someone who scores high on traits such as lack of empathy, guilt and remorse," says Dr Kiehl.

"They are very impulsive: they tend not to plan or think before acting. They tend to get themselves in trouble by a very early age."

It also states that it might be possible to intervene when children exhibit the symptoms, and teach them the appropriate emotional responses.

It does make me wonder if Tabak really is a classic psychopath. If he did suffer from this disorder, wouldn't he have shown signs by now? I don't mean just being shy and a bit socially inept (that could apply to lots of us), but things like cruelty to animals, starting fires, injuring other children, etc. Maybe he did do this kind of thing, but we just haven't been told.

I suppose another possibility is that watching violent *advertiser censored* for a long period of time might lead to a desensitisation to the wrongness of that kind of thing. Watching violent *advertiser censored*, combined with paying prostitutes for sex - is it possible that could lead to someone regarding other people as objects rather than living, feeling human beings? I know that some people say that millions watch *advertiser censored* or violent films, yet never commit acts of violence, but that doesn't mean that some susceptible people might be affected in that way.

That is interesting, Kingfisher. Their definition of a psychopath:

It also states that it might be possible to intervene when children exhibit the symptoms, and teach them the appropriate emotional responses.

It does make me wonder if Tabak really is a classic psychopath. If he did suffer from this disorder, wouldn't he have shown signs by now? I don't mean just being shy and a bit socially inept (that could apply to lots of us), but things like cruelty to animals, starting fires, injuring other children, etc. Maybe he did do this kind of thing, but we just haven't been told.

I suppose another possibility is that watching violent *advertiser censored* for a long period of time might lead to a desensitisation to the wrongness of that kind of thing. Watching violent *advertiser censored*, combined with paying prostitutes for sex - is it possible that could lead to someone regarding other people as objects rather than living, feeling human beings? I know that some people say that millions watch *advertiser censored* or violent films, yet never commit acts of violence, but that doesn't mean that some susceptible people might be affected in that way.

Susceptibility ,opportunity or varying degrees of the condition maybe. I think you are right though unless we know more about his background then he wouldn't seem to fit the type. But there could be a lot of information that has not been mentioned about his childhood and I wonder if either family or experts he may have come in contact with would have made it known if it meant he would have been institutionalised for a lot longer.

Just a reminder to others in the UK that Joanna Yeates: Murder at Christmas is tonight at 9PM on Crime & Investigation.

I wonder what the Psychologist Emma Scott’s diagnosis of Tabak will be on tonight’s programme. I think it will be a classic ‘Psychopath’ as were aneurin’s thoughts a while back, based on his interview with the 'Sunday Express' reporter before he was arrested.

Its so sad seeing the grief of Jo’s parents who are left totally devastated at the loss of their daughter. Tabak totally unaffected, detached from what he had done, feelings only for himself, a serial killer in the making or was he already a killer.

Just like Bundy he didn’t accept fault, was in a way blaming Jo the victim for flirting with him just as Bundy blamed his victims for the murders saying their faces radiated vulnerability.

What evil cowards these psychopathic killers are, take on a man face to face and he would wipe the runts out with one punch. Just rotten, cowardly, murdering pervert scum, who relish in dishing out death, pain and suffering to others but tremble at the thought of their own demise. These evil psychopathic bastards should never be released unless carried out of prison in a box!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5Ws2Resolve
Back