GUILTY UK - Karen Buckley, 24, Glasgow, Scotland, 12 April 2015 - #2

As an Irish man I can tell you us Irish hate using cards in pubs we always use cash its a cultural thing, Ive been in many countries and it doesnt matter if its at home, Australia, Canada or Glasgow us Irish male and female young and old hate using plastic in bars and pubs, ask any Irish person. I am sure Karen was no different.

I live in Germany and Germans are very similar in their cash use and although they are coming round to cards, I've never seen a German use a card for a bar payment in the 7 years I've been here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...court/we-will-carry-many-unanswered-questions

We will carry many unanswered questions for the rest of our lives, says Elaine O’Hara’s family
Judge sentences Graham Dwyer to life in jail, says be thankful a dangerous man is out of the way

He told the family the trial was not designed to provide answers to all the questions people who have lost a loved one would wish answered, but he hoped they had some insight into what happened and some light had been shone into “some dark corners of this very dark story”.

Inclining his head toward the defendant, Mr Justice Hunt said shame and embarassment was “in very short supply in that corner of the court”.

“He was lying to cover up the obvious truth that emerged from 20 feet under water,” he said.

He also said the defence was forced to concede his client was a “repulsive misogynist”.

Maybe, we'll have to read something like that on AP?

The link below explains maybe why forensics spent so much time in his flat, this is taken from the link below "Pacteau stands accused of repeatedly hitting Buckley on the head with a spanner, or similar object, which was discovered in his Glasgow flat" AP doesn't seem the brightest leaving the murder weapon in his flat if this link is to be believed. It also seems he went into a rage possible after Karen rejecting his advances.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/karen-buck...clubbed-spanner-strangled-dumped-acid-1497162

bbm - This is not mentioned in the article. Did you read this somewhere else or is this your opinion? (not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious if this was reported somewhere)

Thinking about the cctv footage of AP buying a barrel. I think he must have told police that he did because otherwise how would they have found this footage? I don't think his picture was shown on TV before his arrest, so it couldn't have been that the shop owner recognized him. Or maybe he was known in that particular shop and word got around that he was last seen with Karen and the shop owner heard about it and called police?

Thinking about the cctv footage of AP buying a barrel. I think he must have told police that he did because otherwise how would they have found this footage? I don't think his picture was shown on TV before his arrest, so it couldn't have been that the shop owner recognized him. Or maybe he was known in that particular shop and word got around that he was last seen with Karen and the shop owner heard about it and called police?

They might have tracked his car?

He was named and his picture shown in the press before he was detained let alone arrested. The story about there being CCTV of him buying a barrel only came out after he had appeared in court. If it is true that the CCTV footage exists, it may be that police went to places where such a barrel could be acquired after she was found. Perhaps it was only then that the CCTV footage emerged.

I'm thinking this may be the significant find made by a member of the public that we heard of. They may have recognised him, maybe it stuck in their mind for some reason when he bought the barrel?

I'm thinking this may be the significant find made by a member of the public that we heard of. They may have recognised him, maybe it stuck in their mind for some reason when he bought the barrel?
Hard to second guess if the Police knew about him buying a barrel before or after they discovered it at the farm. There can't be that many places to buy a barrel in the area so wouldn't have been hard to track down.

Hard to second guess if the Police knew about him buying a barrel before or after they discovered it at the farm. There can't be that many places to buy a barrel in the area so wouldn't have been hard to track down.

Still could have been the significant find, that they have CCTV proof of him making the purchase

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...court/we-will-carry-many-unanswered-questions

We will carry many unanswered questions for the rest of our lives, says Elaine O’Hara’s family
Judge sentences Graham Dwyer to life in jail, says be thankful a dangerous man is out of the way

He told the family the trial was not designed to provide answers to all the questions people who have lost a loved one would wish answered, but he hoped they had some insight into what happened and some light had been shone into “some dark corners of this very dark story”.

Inclining his head toward the defendant, Mr Justice Hunt said shame and embarassment was “in very short supply in that corner of the court”.

“He was lying to cover up the obvious truth that emerged from 20 feet under water,” he said.

He also said the defence was forced to concede his client was a “repulsive misogynist”.

Maybe, we'll have to read something like that on AP?

It is is very possible that he is and he may have a hatred for women after many rejections hence the appalling violence he allegedly inflicted on an innocent young women.

bbm - This is not mentioned in the article. Did you read this somewhere else or is this your opinion? (not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious if this was reported somewhere)

No its just my opinion.

I live in Germany and Germans are very similar in their cash use and although they are coming round to cards, I've never seen a German use a card for a bar payment in the 7 years I've been here.

That is why AP going to an ATM with Karen cant be discounted.

I think Police believed they had the man who killed Karen but they had not got the evidence, so they named him as a "witness" and his picture was displayed on all news reports. They also said what he told them that he claimed to have had consensual sex with her and she left his flat at 4 AM(This claim angered a lot of people). It is highly unusual to have a witness and what he said in the media like this. I think this was a strategy by the Police, emotion was running high in Glasgow and the public were engrossed in the coverage of Karen's disappearance.

The idea was that if he was up to anything people would remember and report it to Police, it worked and I believe the footage of him buying the Barrel was the significant development that broke this case. The staff of the shop saw the picture and heard the story that she left his place at 4 AM and suddenly thought, hey I remember that guy he was in here on Sunday morning buying a barrel and maybe they thought that was odd.

Maybe he was asking odd questions as well and maybe he aroused suspicion by asking could these barrels hold corrosive substances Etc. Either way I believe getting his picture out on the media was a Police strategy that paid off. Its all opinion and of course I may be totally wrong on this.

I understand he bought it at a B&Q store which is like the UK equivalent of Home Depot in the US. It's a big superstore so I don't know if he would be known that well in a large store like that. Also they have self-scan checkouts now as well as normal tills. You could go in and buy stuff not speaking to anyone. I wonder if he needed help to move the barrel into his car.

Hopefully Karen's family won't have to wait too long to bring her home it must be horrendous.

"John (62) and Marion Buckley (61) flew back to Ireland without their daughter's remains after being informed it will be Wednesday at least before a decision on the release can be made by Glasgow officials.

The couple were reunited with their sons, Brendan (32) and Damien (27), at the family's Analeentha farm outside Mourneabbey in north Cork after they had spent a week in Glasgow with their third son, Kieran (28), to support the police's desperate search for their daughter.

Karen's body was found on an isolated Glasgow farm on April 15.Hundreds yesterday signed a special Cork County Council book of condolences for the Buckley family."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ced-to-wait-for-release-of-body-31158226.html

I understand he bought it at a B&Q store which is like the UK equivalent of Home Depot in the US. It's a big superstore so I don't know if he would be known that well in a large store like that. Also they have self-scan checkouts now as well as normal tills. You could go in and buy stuff not speaking to anyone. I wonder if he needed help to move the barrel into his car.

He may have been unsure as to which type of barrel to buy and maybe was questioning staff as to what type of barrel would be best to hold corrosive substances. If this was not a planned murder he may have been edgy, erratic and drawn the attention of staff.

I think Police believed they had the man who killed Karen but they had not got the evidence, so they named him as a "witness" and his picture was displayed on all news reports. They also said what he told them that he claimed to have had consensual sex with her and she left his flat at 4 AM(This claim angered a lot of people). It is highly unusual to have a witness and what he said in the media like this. I think this was a strategy by the Police, emotion was running high in Glasgow and the public were engrossed in the coverage of Karen's disappearance.

The idea was that if he was up to anything people would remember and report it to Police, it worked and I believe the footage of him buying the Barrel was the significant development that broke this case. The staff of the shop saw the picture and heard the story that she left his place at 4 AM and suddenly thought, hey I remember that guy he was in here on Sunday morning buying a barrel and maybe they thought that was odd.

Maybe he was asking odd questions as well and maybe he aroused suspicion by asking could these barrels hold corrosive substances Etc. Either way I believe getting his picture out on the media was a Police strategy that paid off. Its all opinion and of course I may be totally wrong on this.

That sounds quite possible as I wouldn't think a barrel is a commonly bought item in a place like b&q, especially and a Sunday and when that photo was released it would definitely spark someone's memory. As dreadful as it is to think about this, is it certain that this is how she was found? I don't know much about how things like this work but would her parents have had to identify her themselves? Surely in a case like this they wouldn't have to see her if you wouldn't recognise her. Gosh even typing this, it doesnt bear thinking about but like would a post mortem be able to help establish exactly what all happened to her that night or would the apparent corrosives used have removed all such evidence and as one media report said, her "body parts were found." It's really horrific. I would just love to get inside the minds of why people could do something so disgusting.

That sounds quite possible as I wouldn't think a barrel is a commonly bought item in a place like b&q, especially and a Sunday and when that photo was released it would definitely spark someone's memory. As dreadful as it is to think about this, is it certain that this is how she was found? I don't know much about how things like this work but would her parents have had to identify her themselves? Surely in a case like this they wouldn't have to see her if you wouldn't recognise her. Gosh even typing this, it doesnt bear thinking about but like would a post mortem be able to help establish exactly what all happened to her that night or would the apparent corrosives used have removed all such evidence and as one media report said, her "body parts were found." It's really horrific. I would just love to get inside the minds of why people could do something so disgusting.

All the media I have read have said that her body was covered in corrosive substances and put in a barrel and hidden on a shed in the farm. It really is horrific even just typing it makes me want to throw up. Unsubstantiated claims appeared on some online and social media sites that her body was dismembered, this may be down to the fact that a knife was found in the canal close to AP flat, we do not know if this find is connected or not but it may have fueled the dismemberment rumours.

Also some sites had posters claiming he panicked and attempted to burn the barrel with Karen's body in it on the Monday, because of the constant media coverage of Karen's disappearance and the intensity of the Police operations in and around Glasgow. This again is unsubstantiated and this rumour may have been fueled by media reports that Police were asking residents in the High Craigton farm area if they had seen any bon fires in the days previously.

They have established that she was beaten and had compression of the neck so it suggests they know exactly the cause of death, no rape charge as of yet, could the corrosive substances have effected this and removed DNA etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back