UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
=
Captain_Khan;10126457]Is it really a smart idea for the British media to claim that an arrest is imminent? Surely, if you were a burglar in the area and you have a vested interest in this case, as soon as you realized the media could be discussing your arrest, you'd flee as fast as you could. It's not really in the best interests of law enforcement to publish things like this, is it

From what I have seen of SY, at least in relation to this case, it is right in line with their blundering. If they are reallly buying this nonsensical idea of the burglars then I can only say I am not surprised in the least.

So really, for the Brittish among is SY this stupid or have they been bought off by the Mcann's?

No offense meant I live in a county in the US where we have just declared that cops can murder unarmed citizens in cold blood and get away with it, so it's not like I am holding up US Law Enforcement as a shining example. We just aren't involved in mucking up this particular case, but SY seems to be doing an amazing job of it on their own.

Aren't they supposed tobe one the most respected LE organizations in the world?

I think there is confusion on what this alleged letter contains. I don't think it specifically says they want these 3 burglars interviewed or arrested. IMO it asks Portuguese officials to help with the investigation. From the other thread the letter was sent to 31 other countries. The tabloids ran with it and made up this story.

From your link

According to the tabloid, Scotland Yard want to quiz three burglars who carried out raids in the Portuguese resort when the three-year-old vanished.

I was only commenting on what the LE in portugal said.

CNN

UK authorities looking into 3 people in Madeleine McCann disappearance

London (CNN) -- After a renewed push for leads in the case of missing British girl Madeleine McCann, authorities in the United Kingdom are turning to Portuguese officials for help.

A letter sent by the Crown Prosecution Services to authorities in Portugal on Friday is requesting permission to conduct interviews in connection with the girl's 2007 disappearance from her family's holiday villa in the resort town of Praia da Luz.

Pedro do Carmo, the deputy national director of the Judiciary Police in Portugal, said Portuguese authorities have not yet received the letter, but he noted the latest lines in the Scotland Yard investigation focus on three people. Do Carmo declined to provide the nationalities of those three people, who he said have not been detained.

More at the link

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/13/world/europe/madeleine-mccann-case/

I was only commenting on what the LE in portugal said.

I take back what I posted. It appears that they are indeed looking at these 3 individuals and the request was sent to Portuguese officials.

Could robbers have accidentally killed Maddie in the flat, thus panic starts so the actual robbery is thwarted? *That would explain the dogs hitting in the apt. and it would also explain why nothing was stolen. *Maybe body was taken because they had been chased off earlier by a couple and didn't want to become suspects, no body no arrest? **

I admit I haven't read all the evidence. *One thing I can't fathom is 7 people lying about the death of a child. I can honestly say I do not know 7 people that would do such a thing.

*Also, did the investigators in Portugal reopen the case, and did Scotland yard provide evidence against the McCanns?

Not wanting to debate, just trying to figure things out and I know you guys know the case inside and out, and I honestly don't. *Feel free to rip my theory apart lol. *I seem to side with parents in cases like these, not sure why, but I am aware of this emotional downfall, and try to be open minded. * Although I always felt Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, Lisa Irwins parents, Hailey Cummings parents, *were guilty from the start. *

Could robbers have accidentally killed Maddie in the flat, thus panic starts so the actual robbery is thwarted? *That would explain the dogs hitting in the apt. and it would also explain why nothing was stolen. *Maybe body was taken because they had been chased off earlier by a couple and didn't want to become suspects, no body no arrest? **

I admit I haven't read all the evidence. *One thing I can't fathom is 7 people lying about the death of a child. I can honestly say I do not know 7 people that would do such a thing.

*Also, did the investigators in Portugal reopen the case, and did Scotland yard provide evidence against the McCanns?

Not wanting to debate, just trying to figure things out and I know you guys know the case inside and out, and I honestly don't. *Feel free to rip my theory apart lol. *I seem to side with parents in cases like these, not sure why, but I am aware of this emotional downfall, and try to be open minded. * Although I always felt Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, Lisa Irwins parents, Hailey Cummings parents, *were guilty from the start. *

Yes Portugal reopened the case. Scotland Yard did not provide evidence against the McCanns as far as we know. They're on the McCanns side looking for the perps.

I don't think 3 burglars were out to kidnap a little girl dead or alive. If they accidentally killed her per your theory, they would have risked getting caught rather than taking the least risk and get the heck out without her as fast as they could.

Just heard Mark Fuhrman talking about this on Fox news. He said it was unlikely British authorities considered these three burglars serious suspects because otherwise, they probably wouldn't telegraph their intentions in the media, allowing the three to get their stories together or simply run away. He also said that if there was no physical evidence left behind of a single intruder, three intruders was even less likely.

This was the first case I ever followed or posted on. I was so adamant that the Mccanns were responsible that I was banned from IS twice for being snarkey. It is my belief that the Mccanns are responsible either way for leaving her alone. However, I am glad they are interviewing these fellows as that should have been done in the very beginning, probably to rule them out more than anything. It is good to see light being shed on the case again for whatever reason.

Just heard Mark Fuhrman talking about this on Fox news. He said it was unlikely British authorities considered these three burglars serious suspects because otherwise, they probably wouldn't telegraph their intentions in the media, allowing the three to get their stories together or simply run away. He also said that if there was no physical evidence left behind of a single intruder, three intruders was even less likely.

When I first heard this yesterday my impression was that there were three burglars but only would would have been in the room? jmo

I do love me some Mark Fuhrman.

He makes sense. Wonder what SY is up to ? I think the burglar story is bogus and perhaps SY has something else up their sleeve. If this was serious they'd be in Portugal by now.

From google it looks like Wiki leaks uncovered information that British police developed evidence against M's, which I find odd after reading this statement from Assange....comparing himself to the M's after the information was released. Ugh confusing case.

Was Madelines DNA really found in the rental car? I have read conflicting reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17626346

folks, just a random reminder... please do not discuss other posters or what position they may or may not have. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The reason that this forum was closed for so long was the repeated personal attacks and discussing one another and not the case at hand. We are not going to go down that road again and there will be zero tolerance for this. This is not directed at any post in particular as I have seen this issue cropping up from the very first post.

Carry on.

:werk:

but but but I was the very first post....

I am so confused about the rules....it seems that I always break them and I don't know what I do wrong....I look at other posts (not in this thread, just anywhere in general) and I don't know how the posts are allowed to stay.

One day I'm sure to be banned from WS forever and I won't even know why.
:tears:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/14/madeleine-mccann-arrests-imminent/4470017/

"Burglars don't abduct children," Thomas said. "Child abusers abduct, pedophiles abduct, but if you are in an area burglarizing a house looking for items you are not looking to take a child. In terms of who these individuals are, they are likely to be questioned about what they may have seen as witnesses," he said.

"I doubt very much they will be viewed as suspects," Thomas said. "To call them 'suspects' at this point is overplaying it by far."

It's quite likely that the identities of the "Praia da Luz break-in gang" are known. If they operated in that small community for any length of time, sooner or later they would have been caught and/or identified. And if it was their practice to roam around at night, they could have seen ....something important.

From google it looks like Wiki leaks uncovered information that British police developed evidence against M's, which I find odd after reading this statement from Assange....comparing himself to the M's after the information was released. Ugh confusing case.

Was Madelines DNA really found in the rental car? I have read conflicting reports.

Very confusing and controversy regarding DNA and sniffer dogs

This may help

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7541810.stm

but but but I was the very first post....

I am so confused about the rules....it seems that I always break them and I don't know what I do wrong....I look at other posts (not in this thread, just anywhere in general) and I don't know how the posts are allowed to stay.

One day I'm sure to be banned from WS forever and I won't even know why.
:tears:

I don't think she was referring to your post. :)

I think some posts were removed. Not yours. The rule is just be respectful to other members regardless of whose side you're on.

I wonder if the "three suspects" are Kate, Gerry and Tanner?

If it is the "gang of burglars" well they've now had plenty of notice that someone's coming to get them, not a tactic LE usually employs. :banghead: They're probably in China by now.

Also I wonder if SY used a carrier pigeon - The Mirror etc knows all about this letter which apparently they haven't even delivered yet.

Farcical and Joe Public swallows it hook line and sinker.

Yes it was.

Or rather, DNA consistent with Madeleine was found at the cadaver alert sites.

As you can appreciate DNA has to be 100% certainty. The results showed 15/19 alleles belonged to Madeleine, which unfortunately is not sufficient to be regarded as conclusive.

Thought on the wording used:
If we remove the word "burglar" or "robber" or any other word that gives a preconceived notion as to what the intent of the original entry reason was and replace it with "intruder" I think it makes a lot more sense in trying to come up with a new possibility.

IMO how could any reporter, LE, PI, etc actually know the 'title' of a perp when talking about a theory that involves anyone besides the parents??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod