UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the "three suspects" are Kate, Gerry and Tanner?

If it is the "gang of burglars" well they've now had plenty of notice that someone's coming to get them, not a tactic LE usually employs. :banghead: They're probably in China by now.

Also I wonder if SY used a carrier pigeon - The Mirror etc knows all about this letter which apparently they haven't even delivered yet.

Farcical and Joe Public swallows it hook line and sinker.

You would think with today's technology other means would've been used. A letter? What about email? Fax? Heck even fedex. Good grief. It'll take at least a month or more if it was sent by snail mail.

Did the detective Mark Thomas work on this case? From the article I gathered he is a police detective but not working on this particular case. I'm not understanding why his opinion matters. All cases are different. Not sure why they would publish his opinion.

Thought on the wording used:
If we remove the word "burglar" or "robber" or any other word that gives a preconceived notion as to what the intent of the original entry reason was and replace it with "intruder" I think it makes a lot more sense in trying to come up with a new possibility.

IMO how could any reporter, LE, PI, etc actually know the 'title' of a perp when talking about a theory that involves anyone besides the parents??

I'm guessing these 3 alleged burglars were identified by LE from phone records. The names haven't been released to the public but both the Portuguese and British know who the are. IMO

I don't think she was referring to your post. :)

I think some posts were removed. Not yours. The rule is just be respectful to other members regardless of whose side you're on.

you are correct:seeya: It was in general.

You would think with today's technology other means would've been used. A letter? What about email? Fax? Heck even fedex. Good grief. It'll take at least a month or more if it was sent by snail mail.
:giggle:

I wonder if the "three suspects" are Kate, Gerry and Tanner?

If it is the "gang of burglars" well they've now had plenty of notice that someone's coming to get them, not a tactic LE usually employs. :banghead: They're probably in China by now.

Also I wonder if SY used a carrier pigeon - The Mirror etc knows all about this letter which apparently they haven't even delivered yet.

Farcical and Joe Public swallows it hook line and sinker.

bbm: are they in portugal right now? because if not.. then no that would not be possible:twocents:

Theyve been in Portugal for sure - their own libel case against Amaral is ongoing and they have been "trying" to testify.

Bring it on!

Thought on the wording used:
If we remove the word "burglar" or "robber" or any other word that gives a preconceived notion as to what the intent of the original entry reason was and replace it with "intruder" I think it makes a lot more sense in trying to come up with a new possibility.

IMO how could any reporter, LE, PI, etc actually know the 'title' of a perp when talking about a theory that involves anyone besides the parents??

When I read "burglar" I see "Ninja" as used in Arias case or "hippies" as used in McDonald case. I see a "red herring".

Theyve been in Portugal for sure - their own libel case against Amaral is ongoing and they have been "trying" to testify.

Bring it on!

did they break into other apartments as well?
Days before the toddler's disappearance, the burglars raided another apartment in Praia da Luz, disturbing a child. The infant's parents interrupted the intruders, who fled.

A source close to the investigation told the Mirror: "Portuguese police attached no significance to the burglary at the time. British officers regard this as an oversight."

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/made...met-prepares-make-first-arrests#ixzz2qPe7T2d2

They've used up all the red herrings, this is a very funky shade of wtf.

There are no 3 burglars!!!!! Just McCann spin!

:banghead:

The Portuguese Attorney General's Office has this evening confirmed it has received a 'note' from UK officials, revealing that it is now expecting a "request for judicial help" in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Portuguese authorities explained that they were yet to receive a formal request, but "when that happens, it will be analysed and duly carried out."

A PJ official in Lisbon added this evening that the execution of any rogatory letter or request to investigate by the Attorney-General's Office on behalf of British police will have to comply with Portuguese criminal procedure, which will govern the detention of suspects for the purposes of subsequent interrogation.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-portuguese-officials-await-uk-request-for-help/30378

did they break into other apartments as well?

In that case, if true , (Mirror) is tabloid, the intruder didn't take or kill the child. Why would they take Madeleine? Burglars don't kidnap children unless they're also pedophiles.

The Guardian Mon 13th says that the burglar/arrest information came from "a spokesman for the parents".

Aka Clarence Mitchell.

In that case, if true , (Mirror) is tabloid, the intruder didn't take or kill the child. Why would they take Madeleine? Burglars don't kidnap children unless they're also pedophiles.

iirc it said they were interrupted when they broke in.. maybe the intent was to take the other child? idk.. hope we get a little more information (fwiw I do see some articles in portuguese but need to put them in the little translation thingymabobber)

This was the first case I ever followed or posted on. I was so adamant that the Mccanns were responsible that I was banned from IS twice for being snarkey. It is my belief that the Mccanns are responsible either way for leaving her alone. However, I am glad they are interviewing these fellows as that should have been done in the very beginning, probably to rule them out more than anything. It is good to see light being shed on the case again for whatever reason.

My thoughts, exactly-that's always been my "beef" about this crime. We'll see what comes of this new segment of the investigation. Somehow, I don't believe we are really going to find out what happened to this adorable little girl, or where she is.

iirc it said they were interrupted when they broke in.. maybe the intent was to take the other child? idk.. hope we get a little more information (fwiw I do see some articles in portuguese but need to put them in the little translation thingymabobber)

Let me know if you need help. Post the links and I'll use google translate. I can't find any Portuguese articles. Weird.

My thoughts, exactly-that's always been my "beef" about this crime. We'll see what comes of this new segment of the investigation. Somehow, I don't believe we are really going to find out what happened to this adorable little girl, or where she is.

I agree. Unless someone spills the beans we will never know. I don't think she's alive. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203