UNSOLVED UK - London, woman pushed into path of bus, 5 May 2017

Also interesting that this happened in May but only now is it being made headline news with a search for this man.
RSBM

That's what i was thinking...why are we now only hearing about this in August?

According to the article:

"The incident happened three months ago, at about 7:40 a.m. on May 5, but investigators have been unable to find the jogger, so they decided to release the video, a police spokesman said."

I wonder if LE patrolled along the bridge around the same time for a while, hoping the man would return as part of his routine, but he never passed that way again. So, I wonder why he returned that direction the morning of May 5 with all of those people gathered around the woman. OTOH, he may have expected the woman to be gone by then and so ignored her when she spoke to him, feigning innocence. Now he is apparently jogging an alternate route to avoid detection. JMO

RSBM

"The incident happened three months ago, at about 7:40 a.m. on May 5, but investigators have been unable to find the jogger, so they decided to release the video, a police spokesman said."

I wonder if LE patrolled along the bridge around the same time for a while, hoping the man would return as part of his routine, but he never passed that way again. So, I wonder why he returned that direction the morning of May 5 with all of those people gathered around the woman. OTOH, he may have expected the woman to be gone by then and so ignored her when she spoke to him, feigning innocence. Now he is apparently jogging an alternate route to avoid detection. JMO

They could have saved a ton of policing money by posting the video sooner.

A video is available. She wasn't walking into him.
"He’s little more than a blur in the footage, described by witnesses as a white man in his mid-thirties with short brown hair, and he appears to deviate from his path in a concerted effort to attack the woman – in other words, she’s not in his way and he doesn’t elbow her to the side with unfortunate effect, but rather he sees her ahead and swerves toward her in order to give her a proper two-handed shove into the busy adjacent road."
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...sexism-misogyny-right-questions-a7884126.html

I didnt mean she was in his way, I was thinking maybe that was a motive for him to target her.

I didnt mean she was in his way, I was thinking maybe that was a motive for him to target her.
It did look like she was walking down the middle of the sidewalk at first, so I also wondered if that might be his motive. When I replayed the video, though, it was clear she got over in plenty of time before passing the jogger. I think he was just being cruel. He didn't dare shove the man because he (the pedestrian) might not have budged and could retaliate. Now he's in hiding. The jogger is a coward.

Update in the Daily Mail today

Police are closing in on the jogger who pushed a woman in front of a bus on Putney Bridge as responses flood into a public appeal.

Officers are following a number of lines of inquiry in their hunt, after releasing shocking CCTV footage of the man barging into the 33-year-old pedestrian.

Today, the Metropolitan Police said that officers had received a 'good response' after calling for information on the incident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-jogger-pushed-woman-bus.html#ixzz4pLPLFZrQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

RSBM

Thanks. That explains why it is only now becoming news.

I think you are spot on, he returned because it was his usual route back home and he thought the woman would have gone by then. Today's report in the Mail says that by the time he did return, the other people had departed and the woman was alone.
So probably easy for him to pretend he knew nothing. No other witnesses to confront him.

Speaking earlier this week, sergeant Mat Knowles said: 'After he pushed her he ran across the bridge and 15 minutes later came back.
By this time the members of the public who had helped the woman were gone and she tried to talk to him as he ran past her but he just ignored her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-jogger-pushed-woman-bus.html#ixzz4pLQls2qz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d-woman-pushed-into-path-of-bus-putney-bridge
The 50-year-old man was detained on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm at a residential address in south-west London on Thursday morning, the Metropolitan police said. He was later released on bail.

attachment.php

Police originally gave the arrested man’s age as 41, but that was later corrected to 50. Officers continue to appeal for any witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Attachments

• 1335.jpg
    1335.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 501
It's disturbed me to see how many comments on SM (fb, twitter) from men saying 'she deserved it, she clearly tripped him' and 'I'd have done the same'. I haven't read any comments from women saying the same.
I'm pretty convinced there is no small amount of men out there who genuinely hate women. They aren't just sexist - they aren't just paying women less or cat-calling them - they want women pushed under buses.
Before anyone freaks out with #notallmen, I'm not saying all men. Many men have responded to those comments with "better get your eyes checked, because she clearly did NOT trip him".

I'm seeing variances in the man's age in 2 articles, one says 41, the other one says 50.
(Eta: nevermind, just saw dotr's post #32 re:this).

Re: him coming back, maybe to relish in his "work", like an SK revisits the scene? Maybe overthinking this, but this is just crazy, what he did. So who knows what all he is capable of.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back