UNSOLVED UK - London, woman pushed into path of bus, 5 May 2017

A man who was arrested over an alleged assault after a woman was pushed into the path of an oncoming bus has denied any involvement in the incident.

Millionaire American investment banker Eric Bellquist, 41, was held yesterday in relation to the incident in which the woman was pushed on Putney Bridge.

But today a law firm acting on behalf of Mr Bellquist, who works for London-based investment firm Hutton Collins, released a statement to say he was in the US at the time of the incident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bus-driver-says-doing-job.html#ixzz4pRmYoSfM

A man who was arrested over an alleged assault after a woman was pushed into the path of an oncoming bus has denied any involvement in the incident.

Millionaire American investment banker Eric Bellquist, 41, was held yesterday in relation to the incident in which the woman was pushed on Putney Bridge.

But today a law firm acting on behalf of Mr Bellquist, who works for London-based investment firm Hutton Collins, released a statement to say he was in the US at the time of the incident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-bus-driver-says-doing-job.html#ixzz4pRmYoSfM

Interesting development. I wonder how this will proceed I hope they catch the right man.

Interesting development. I wonder how this will proceed I hope they catch the right man.

Yes, the man arrested claims he can prove he was in US at the time? My understanding, the actual incident happened 3 month ago. Would be interesting to see if this guy actually has proof that he wasn't in England.

He looks very much like the man in the photo and he fits the profile. Someone who lives nearby, arrogant, somewhat sociopathic/anti-social. Though I haven't read it anywhere, it's probable that the victim identified him in a line up. She saw him twice, so she probably got a good look at his face, clothing, etc.

Why would someone do this? Noticed from the video he was running in the center of the sidewalk, forcing anyone else to move far to the edge to get around him or pass very close to him to avoid stepping into traffic. Almost like he was picking a fight or trying to inconvenience others. A real jerk, someone who felt entitled to take the whole sidewalk for himself. I'm guessing this probably isn't the first time he's done something like this, just the first time he's been caught. Bet he tries to take up two parking spaces for his car, too.

It's disturbed me to see how many comments on SM (fb, twitter) from men saying 'she deserved it, she clearly tripped him' and 'I'd have done the same'. I haven't read any comments from women saying the same.
I'm pretty convinced there is no small amount of men out there who genuinely hate women. They aren't just sexist - they aren't just paying women less or cat-calling them - they want women pushed under buses.
Before anyone freaks out with #notallmen, I'm not saying all men. Many men have responded to those comments with "better get your eyes checked, because she clearly did NOT trip him".

It is disturbing. You can see her legs in the video, she wasn't trying to trip him. In fact it looks like she was trying to move more to the side to let him pass. I guess she was "too close" as far as he was concerned. Yea,I am guessing that as far as he is concerned, everybody better get out of his way. You can also see she isn't actually in his way but he pushes her. If that bus was driving faster the woman could very well be dead right now.

Yes, the man arrested claims he can prove he was in US at the time? My understanding, the actual incident happened 3 month ago. Would be interesting to see if this guy actually has proof that he wasn't in England.

Indeed. I wonder how far the police will take it. A statement from the US company only, confirming he was there on May 5 - or, will they check actual flight records ?

I might be being overly suspicious here - but it is interesting that the police have allowed this man's name and several photographs of him to be published in MSM.

eta : in the interests of being fair - if it is not him, he must be hopping mad and wondering who dislikes him so much to put his name forward.

Indeed. I wonder how far the police will take it. A statement from the US company only, confirming he was there on May 5 - or, will they check actual flight records ?

I might be being overly suspicious here - but it is interesting that the police have allowed this man's name and several photographs of him to be published in MSM.

eta : in the interests of being fair - if it is not him, he must be hopping mad and wondering who dislikes him so much to put his name forward.

Just what I was thinking Alyce, but surely the police wouldn't arrest and name him on the 'say-so' of one informant ? His name must have been put forward a few times, so it is all very odd.

Man quizzed by police over 'jogger rage assault' on Putney Bridge is partner at Mayfair private equity firm

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-private-equity-firm-in-mayfair-a3609486.html

He was questioned at a south London police station and later released without being charged.

ETA

Same report says he was arrested.

“A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm following police enquiries at an address in the Chelsea area on the morning of Thursday, August 10.

It would be easy to verify whether he was in the UK or US at the time of the incident by just looking at his passport. I'm sure LE has done that and we will hear more about it soon.

Speculating, if Mr. Bellquist is not the jogger in question, maybe someone tried to ruin his reputation by dressing similar to him and jogging in the areas he's known to jog? An angry business partner/colleague perhaps?

That somebody would not just have to dress like him but also look like him. So I very much doubt that somebody was trying to frame him by running around looking like him.

I have looked at the video multiple times and can't see the face clearly enough to say it was him or not. Imo this could be any guy around 40-50 y/o who has a strong athletic build.

LE must have other footage or other evidence to be able to arrest him. Or, since they let him go, maybe they don't have anything else.

The body build fits him, but yes, the face isn't very clear in the video. If he was actually in US then then clearly he would be the wrong guy. I would like to see what evidence he has.

I am guessing they will want flight records as they are definitive and easily available.

[bbm]

how on earth can you possibly know that EB fits the profile?! (and where did this profile come from anyway?) do you know EB personally? do you have an MSM link stating EB is 'arrogant, somewhat sociopathic/anti-social'???

He looks very much like the man in the photo and he fits the profile. Someone who lives nearby, arrogant, somewhat sociopathic/anti-social. Though I haven't read it anywhere, it's probable that the victim identified him in a line up. She saw him twice, so she probably got a good look at his face, clothing, etc.

Why would someone do this? Noticed from the video he was running in the center of the sidewalk, forcing anyone else to move far to the edge to get around him or pass very close to him to avoid stepping into traffic. Almost like he was picking a fight or trying to inconvenience others. A real jerk, someone who felt entitled to take the whole sidewalk for himself. I'm guessing this probably isn't the first time he's done something like this, just the first time he's been caught. Bet he tries to take up two parking spaces for his car, too.

Well it seems as if Mr.Bellquist is taking down his pictures on social media.and deleting his LinkedIn Profile. @cakeinmilk @EricBellquist @byronhamburgers.Maybe his partner was not happy about this news.I can tell you this if someone pushed me down and I saw them not once but twice I would be able to recognize their face.It was 7:30 am so there was plenty of light.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back