UK UK - Manchester, 'Angel of the Meadow' WhtFem Skeletal, 16-30, buried, Jan'10

View attachment 205761

My uncle owned a pub in Ireland, and as a child, when I visited, I would wash glasses behind the bar.
This may be what they were talking about. It measures the head of the beer.
Well done for this :D (I bet it wasn't needed much in an real Irish Bar)

From the only pic I've found of this 'measuring chart':confused: it doesn't look like that?
Angel-of-the-Meadow.jpg
I know….the logo on the card wasn't a Guinness logo ever as far as I could find, looking into the history of the logo, at merchandise..
Why is there not a cleaned up photo, btw?
I think I can poor a wonderful pint op Guinness by now. Big chance it's all about the foam.
This^
Really could they not have either cleaned it up a bit or found an similar one to show giving a clearer idea what is it?o_O

The red font was used at one time...
2ec1f5cad54a4de1b1a98a4f14c11045.jpg
guinness_is_good_for_you080618PF_0ae60204-ed9c-411b-9c61-b87eb85d62ea_1024x1024.jpg

But it certainly wasn't such a 'modern' font used.

Well done for this :D (I bet it wasn't needed much in an real Irish Bar)

From the only pic I've found of this 'measuring chart':confused: it doesn't look like that?
Angel-of-the-Meadow.jpg
This^
Really could they not have either cleaned it up a bit or found an similar one to show giving a clearer idea what is it?o_O

The red font was used at one time...
2ec1f5cad54a4de1b1a98a4f14c11045.jpg
guinness_is_good_for_you080618PF_0ae60204-ed9c-411b-9c61-b87eb85d62ea_1024x1024.jpg

But it certainly wasn't such a 'modern' font used.

The picture of the glass it bothering me....couldn't find a simular picture anywhere.

You mean, she was "dressed up" for St Patrick's day? Wouldn't she have worn something in 'kelly" green....I don't know.
Actually that's an interesting thought, I hadn't thought about the actual clothing individually?
It was as someone previously mentioned possibly what time of year she was dressed for, mid-March I think would likely fit?

Interestingly (or maybe not?) ;)
On the Russian version of that^ ad. the glasses didn't have the 'stems'
vintage-guinness-posters-advertising-collectors-snap-up-secret-stash-of-unpublished-art.jpg

And the GLASS!?
The 'stem' it just seems wrong :confused:

If I recall correctly, the stem isn't wrong. It was just a liberty they took with the advertising campaign back then.

PS...Recreated the pinafore to what it may have appeared like when new.
Guiness dress UID.jpg
Probably Aer Lingus green in color as well.
aer lingus green.jpg

Last edited:
Lost Contacts – Missing Irish People
Wonder if the Manchester PD has searched through these postings of lost contacts?
Plenty of young Irish women went over to England to work in the 60's and 70's and lost contact with their loved ones.

These struck me...

"Kathleen Matthews

Kathleen Matthews (nee Delaney) left Kilkenny in the 1960's married as Kathleen Mathews. Lived in Birmingham , had two children.left husband and children and ran off into the blue......no one has seen or heard from her since, even the children haven't had any contact.
<SBM>
Worked as a barmaid at the time of her marriage, then left and has never been seen since.

Any information would be fantastic as family need to know as time is marching on."

Or...
May Traynor O’Connor

"Last seen 40 yrs ago. She had red currly hair approx 5ft 4inch.
<SBM>
Last known residence was Manchester England where she went to escape her estranged husband. Was working in a place called H. Williams in Manchester which is now closed. "
<SBM>

Guiness dress UID 3.jpg *Added blue jumper under pinafore.

Last edited:
Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cb/3d/1f/cb3d1fa0c35abf7e05dbc47eacd2d3eb.jpg

I was at school in Manchester in the 1970's, and needlework was a compulsory subject if I remember rightly. Anyhow, one of our school projects around 1975 was to make a pinafore dress by using a precut paper pattern. The finished item was an exam piece. You bought your own fabric, but polyester cotton mix was advised on the pattern envelope I could be wrong, but the fabrics were pretty heavy back then. I chose an airforce blue colour, and omitted the large buttons as I thought it made the dress look cheap. Underneath the dress I would wear a navy or white skinny ribbed polo neck sweater, every girl in my year wore their own version of this, some plain some printed. With heels or my own preferred platforms. It was almost a uniform at my school for us year 4 & 5 girls. I was 15.
I also read they had possible DNA of killer, as theyd tested 3 suspects in prison and there wasnt a match, so the suspect has never been DNA tested, or he's dead or...

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cb/3d/1f/cb3d1fa0c35abf7e05dbc47eacd2d3eb.jpg

I was at school in Manchester in the 1970's, and needlework was a compulsory subject if I remember rightly. Anyhow, one of our school projects around 1975 was to make a pinafore dress by using a precut paper pattern. The finished item was an exam piece. You bought your own fabric, but polyester cotton mix was advised on the pattern envelope I could be wrong, but the fabrics were pretty heavy back then. I chose an airforce blue colour, and omitted the large buttons as I thought it made the dress look cheap. Underneath the dress I would wear a navy or white skinny ribbed polo neck sweater, every girl in my year wore their own version of this, some plain some printed. With heels or my own preferred platforms. It was almost a uniform at my school for us year 4 & 5 girls. I was 15.
I also read they had possible DNA of killer, as theyd tested 3 suspects in prison and there wasnt a match, so the suspect has never been DNA tested, or he's dead or...
Your post just brought me back, way back 3 p's - patterns, pinafores and platforms!
Could "Angel" be a student?

...I was at school in Manchester in the 1970's, and needlework was a compulsory subject if I remember rightly. Anyhow, one of our school projects around 1975 was to make a pinafore dress by using a precut paper pattern.
6a1ace7dedeea646f28ed6a9ba791d7f.gif

:eek: Over 83,500 Vintage Sewing Patterns Are Now Available Online

McCall’s, Butterick, Simplicity. If you were into sewing, or simply spent time as a child rummaging through patterns with your mother at the fabric store, these names will bring on a wave of nostalgia. And now, thanks to a fantastic online collection of vintage sewing patterns, it’s time to dust off your sewing machine.

:DVintage Sewing Patterns Wiki

Vintage Sewing Patterns Wiki is a collaborative site dedicated to Vintage Sewing Patterns that anyone can edit. Browse vintage dress patterns and completed vintage sewing projects, explore amusing illustrations and ogle classic movie stars. You can search patterns available from our vintage pattern vendors as well.

6a1ace7dedeea646f28ed6a9ba791d7f.gif

:eek: Over 83,500 Vintage Sewing Patterns Are Now Available Online

McCall’s, Butterick, Simplicity. If you were into sewing, or simply spent time as a child rummaging through patterns with your mother at the fabric store, these names will bring on a wave of nostalgia. And now, thanks to a fantastic online collection of vintage sewing patterns, it’s time to dust off your sewing machine.

:DVintage Sewing Patterns Wiki

Vintage Sewing Patterns Wiki is a collaborative site dedicated to Vintage Sewing Patterns that anyone can edit. Browse vintage dress patterns and completed vintage sewing projects, explore amusing illustrations and ogle classic movie stars. You can search patterns available from our vintage pattern vendors as well.
I personally hated that dress, all the boys would yell "Hey! When is your baby due?" It looked like a maternity dress!

The 'pinafore' does look homemade. The buttons seem be an odd choice if on a new (bought) garment and it's doesn't have any labels where I'd expect?
I cut them out myself, that is on t-shirts, dresses but only on stuff when they irritate my neck, so even I wouldn't do that with a pinafore/apron. o_O
JS58893880.jpg
The pattern & material is certainly quite unusual?
JS58893883.jpg

:) I've posted pics again as I keep having go back to 1st page to find a link to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back