GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the infant fit it? I have read several things referring to a newborn or infant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I believe it was mentioned by a neighbor, but police have repeatedly stated that there is not an infant in the household. Possibly mother caring for a neighbor child or family member's child, we don't know.

I cannot find any definitive mention of who reported Mikaeel missing, or what time.

Plenty of mentions of mom being first to notice he was gone, but nothing that states she reported him missing. If anyone has that info, can you point the way for me? It's irritating because when aricles get updated, a lot of sites just have the time of the last update. So when it was originally posted is lost. So I can't even track the time reports first appeared in the media. Not that it's a scientific method anyhow......

who else would report him missing? (I would make a guess it was his mother)

here is a timeline I found:

TIMELINE

2100: Mikaeel is last seen going to bed at home in Ferry Gait Crescent, Edinburgh

0715: Mikaeel's mother discovers he is missing from his bed

0830: Witnesses driving down West Pilton Gardens see a young boy running along the street

0900: Police Scotland announce they have launched a search for the boy in the Drylaw area. Officers are assisted by a police helicopter

1430: Coastguard teams and lifeboats search the shoreline in the Cramond an Drylaw area

1600: A dedicated telephone line is established as part of a Child Rescue Alert, supported by all police forces across the UK

1630: People asked to urgently check all property including gardens, outbuildings, garages, sheds and vehicles

2100: A new image of missing Mikaeel is released, showing beige jacket he was believed to be wearing when he disappeared

Overnight: Neighbours and the emergency services search through the night for the child

0700: Supt McAinsh says there has been a "fantastic" response from the public. It emerges that more than 150 calls have been made to the helpline

1000: Hundreds of people gather at the North Neighbourhood Centre in West Pilton Gardens to help search
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25772465

A lock was broken at the rear of the block of flats where Mikaeel Kular lived. Residents said the door had been insecure for some time.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urgh-toddler-Mikaeel-Kular.html#ixzz2qgQsyR1a
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Okay so with the lock having been broken, would this allow Mikaeel to open the door more easily than if the lock were working properly? The back door is recessed in a short stairwell, whereas the front door is flush with the ground. It is much easier to push a door than it is too pull, especially for a young child.

ETA that according to the article linked,

Neighbours suggested that the three-year-old boy would not have been able to reach the button which releases the heavy door, then pull it towards him to open it.

BBM

article-2541111-1ABEE54200000578-527_470x591.jpg

article-2541111-1ABEE55200000578-895_470x591.jpg

So it sounds like the door only opens in, not out as has potentially been indicated. That makes more sense, as rarely do you see doors of this type swing outward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-25756633

""Our concern is obviously - with the passage of time - he was last seen at 9 o'clock last night and it's a cold day that we had.

"I would ask people in the locality please continue searching in your own personal property.

"If your neighbours are away, then think about searching their gardens, their sheds, common stairs, wheely bins."

Mikaeel, who is British with Asian parents, was at home with his mother and four siblings, including his twin sister, on Wednesday night.

Officers are speaking to "all family members" about the disappearance.

Coastguard teams and lifeboats have been searching the shoreline in the Cramond and Drylaw area.

Efforts were made to speak to Mikaeel's father, who is understood to be of Pakistani origin.

Supt Liz Ainsh said: "We've spoken to all key members of the family. We've been in contact with them and they are assisting us with our inquiries".

They were in a vehicle and the police are said to be happy with the reason why they could't/didn't stop.

I wonder what reason?! wow.

my three yr old boy is 42" tall, I do think the reporting is off there. he also couldn't put gloves on, although mittens he probably could. (not that he would, I've had to lay down the law that we don't go outside naked when it's 50°!) but he's terrified of the dark, so I'm covered there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

As I don't have a link, this is just my opinion. I believe police know exactly where Mikaeel's father is, and what he is doing. So I don't really know why they are not excluding the idea he has been taken abroad as part of a custody dispute. It seems unfair.

Where does the infant fit it? I have read several things referring to a newborn or infant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Okay so with the lock having been broken, would this allow Mikaeel to open the door more easily than if the lock were working properly? The back door is recessed in a short stairwell, whereas the front door is flush with the ground. It is much easier to push a door than it is too pull, especially for a young child.

ETA that according to the article linked,

BBM

article-2541111-1ABEE54200000578-527_470x591.jpg

article-2541111-1ABEE55200000578-895_470x591.jpg

So it sounds like the door only opens in, not out as has potentially been indicated. That makes more sense, as rarely do you see doors of this type swing outward.

Wow. That lock must have been pretty hard to break and needed tools. Someone was determined to get in. Gives me the shivers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-3-may-have-been-victim-of-criminal-act.html

" Mikaeel normally shares a bedroom with his twin sister, but was sleeping alone on Wednesday night because he had been ill that day.

His coat and shoes were missing from the family’s duplex flat, where he lives with his mother and four siblings, and police believe he could have made his own way out of the building, despite claims from some residents that he would not be strong enough to open the main door to the building.

Supt McAinsh said that Mikaeel’s mother was “very distraught”, adding: “She just wants her little boy back home with his brothers and sisters. We are very concerned for her. We just want to be able to give her some news or let her know he is safe and well."

Asked whether she believed the little boy would be found alive, she said: "I remain optimistic but as time passes we become deeply concerned.”

Miss Kular qualified as a beauty therapist at the Adam Smith College, now part of Fife College, in Kirkcaldy, and moved to Edinburgh after her marriage broke up. Her estranged husband is the father of Mikaeel’s three older siblings"

Could just b reporting but strange saying he had been ill that day when more recent reports say had been unwell at least for a week, with not going to nursery since Xmas. So does this mean he was more ill on the Wednesday night necessitating moving his sister out of their bedroom ? Even more reason to find it odd that being very unwell he would get himself dressed and go outside into the cold

Ok now you can colour me confused. I always thought external doors HAD to only open outwards as it is a fire law. I envisioned pushing on a door because we have a communal entrance door similar that opens outwards only. Our hallway is full of signs and labels for health and safety, no smoking, fire laws. We rent, I know owning a property is totally different but I struggled to buy he could open one of these doors knowing how heavy they can be, and that is if you have to push it open, but pull it? I know LE have said they believe he could, but If he did he well, me > :O

I don't think we know yet whether medical advice had been sought. That would be interesting to know. I am intrigued by the coincidence that the very night he went missing happened to be on what is said to be a very unusual night when he was not sharing a room.

Ok now you can colour me confused. I always thought external doors HAD to only open outwards as it is a fire law. I envisioned pushing on a door because we have a communal entrance door similar that opens outwards only. Our hallway is full of sings and labels for health and safety, no smoking, fire laws. We rent, I know owning a property is totally different but I struggled to buy he could open one of these doors knowing how heavy they can be, and that is if you have to push it open, but pull it? I know LE have said they believe he could, but If he did he well, me > :O

Someone local?? posted those inward/outward details much earlier, skibaboo, but I am totally blank on recalling who, sorry.....

Talking of locals, if you are local guests, please consider joining and contributing. And the same if you are far away - you are very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda