UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

how very very strange that they say she's due to take the stand, but the prosecution is still presenting evidence against her. IMO

Hundreds of pounds spent on Nicholas Billingham’s credit cards after date it is believed he was killed

Beal was supposed to take the stand yesterday (April 26) but Her Honour Judge Lucking KC said Beal was not in a position to give evidence after arriving late to Northampton Crown Court.

As of 2pm today (April 27), jurors are still hearing further financial evidence and Beal has not yet been called to the stand.

Jurors were presented with dozens of pages of statements showing transactions made on the victim’s cards in the days and weeks after it is believed he was killed on November 1, 2021.

Beal was supposed to take the stand yesterday (April 26) but Her Honour Judge Lucking KC said Beal was not in a position to give evidence after arriving late to Northampton Crown Court.

As of 2pm today (April 27), jurors are still hearing further financial evidence and Beal has not yet been called to the stand.

“Today (April 28), jurors were presented with documents showing details of loans taken out by the couple and Mr Billingham’s spending and gambling habits.
The court heard that Mr Billingham lost more than £23,500 to just three gambling websites from August 2020 to October 2021.”

The above is all I can quote verbatim, but there’s more about NB’s serious gambling problem in the report below.

The prosecution finished this morning and FB should begin to give evidence this afternoon. Let’s hope we hear more later on.

“At the beginning, I remember when were in a flat,” she told the court. “I had left a cloth with cleaner on it and it stained a worktop.

“It didn’t seem really serious but then cleaning became a huge issue throughout the years. And rather than laughing things off I would get told off.”

Describing meal-times with her partner, Beal added: “Everything had to be exactly how he wanted it. I couldn’t tell you when it started.

“It just got worse and it lasted ’til the end.”

Items placed in cupboards had to be placed facing outwards, Beal claimed, while “there were a couple of occasions when he (Mr Billingham) threw a plate of dinner at the wall”.

“I lost a lot of confidence,” Beal continued. [...]

He said he didn't want his name on any official documents and that there were debt collection agencies after him.

'It was awkward all the time about that, I was nervous It was going to get found out.'

Beal explained how Nick went from 'very loving and caring' to telling her off when she failed to clean the house properly.

She added: 'He would resent me if I was tired. We were having less sex and I think that was an issue for him.(…)’

When Beal was asked why 19 of Mr Billingham’s 23 vehicles were registered under Beal’s name, she said it was because the vehicle had to be registered to Compton Way but she was the only one on the electoral register for that address.

Mr Wheeler asked Beal why they had so many cars. She said it was because Mr Billingham would keep getting “bored” and “badger” her for another one, sometimes giving reasons such as the seats were not comfortable.

When Beal was asked why 19 of Mr Billingham’s 23 vehicles were registered under Beal’s name, she said it was because the vehicle had to be registered to Compton Way but she was the only one on the electoral register for that address.

Mr Wheeler asked Beal why they had so many cars. She said it was because Mr Billingham would keep getting “bored” and “badger” her for another one, sometimes giving reasons such as the seats were not comfortable.

Living like this sounds real hell.
If true.
JMO

Living like this sounds real hell.
If true.
JMO
If the jury believe her, would all this be enough for a manslaughter charge as opposed to murder? For it would mean that women (or men) suffering from depression, who kill a narcissistic/controlling partner and cover it up the way F did, are not really committing murder :rolleyes:

If the jury believe her, would all this be enough for a manslaughter charge as opposed to murder? For it would mean that women (or men) suffering from depression, who kill a narcissistic/controlling partner and cover it up the way F did, are not really committing murder :rolleyes:
I understand your point.
I was not deciding about murder vs manslaughter.
Just sighing about how people can create hell for one another.
Why is it so difficult to leave such "relationship"?

Last edited:
“Today (April 28), jurors were presented with documents showing details of loans taken out by the couple and Mr Billingham’s spending and gambling habits.
The court heard that Mr Billingham lost more than £23,500 to just three gambling websites from August 2020 to October 2021.”

The above is all I can quote verbatim, but there’s more about NB’s serious gambling problem in the report below.

The prosecution finished this morning and FB should begin to give evidence this afternoon. Let’s hope we hear more later on.

Ok I think none of this is cause for murder but reading that - he owned 23 vehicles?!

And yet he wasn't reported to abuse her physically.
He had other lovers, one even was a mother of his child.
He left the defendant.
Why did she even take him back?

JMO
If it's true what she is stating...and I say that with a big if....then she was a victim of controlling coercive psychological abuse. Some people don't recognise this as abuse at the time because 'they are not hitting me'. Obviously this doesn't condone murder but it might explain her frame of mind. Being belittled everyday is extremely damaging to ones psyche. MOO

Trial of murder accused Northampton teacher Fiona Beal extended by one month​

The jury is expected to retire to consider their verdict in the week commencing June 12, the court heard

Giving a second day of evidence at Northampton Crown Court, Fiona Beal said Nicholas Billingham became “more angry and aggressive” and she had feared things could “get physical” in the weeks after they bought and moved into the house where his body was found.
Beal, who began her evidence on April 28, also alleged that her sexual relationship with Mr Billingham had “always been on his terms”.

Asked to describe what happened after the couple bought and moved to the Moore Street property in late February 2020, having paid a £7,000 deposit, Beal said: “When we first moved in things were OK and then it quickly deteriorated.

“The pandemic started in the March and I believe he got furloughed by June – it was around that time that things became more difficult.

Last edited:
When Beal appeared at Northampton Crown Court today (May 9), she was asked about her sexual relationship with Mr Billingham.

The former teacher said that she felt it was “always on his terms” and he would do things she was not comfortable with like push for oral sex and spit on her.

The defendant claimed that - on one evening in the middle of October - Mr Billingham returned from drinking at a working men’s club, pushed Beal down onto a bed and forced her to give him oral sex.

Ms Beal was asked by defence barrister Andrew Wheeler KC if she had any memory of how Mr Billingham came to be found buried in the back garden under carpet, soil, concrete blocks, planks and bark chippings in March 2022.
She said: "I remember feeling a dragging sensation that I was dragging something. I remember seeing what would have been the body wrapped in the dining room.
"But after that, no... not really much more."

When asked by the defence if she could recall anything about the stabbing she said: 'No - I thought that I had hit him over the head and that it happened in the bath.

'That I was sat by the back door wrapped in a blanket and had a cut on my head. I think it was for longer than a day. There had been a day and a night. I am not sure.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back