UK - Nicholas Billingham, 42, body found buried in garden, Northampton, Mar 2022 *arrest*

This is the weirdest trial scheduling ever.

Trial not sitting on these dates -

May - Fri 12th, Tue 16th, Wed 17th, Mon 29th, Tue 30th, Wed 31st
June - Thu 1st, Fri 2nd, Thu 8th, Fri 9th

Jury can expect to start deliberating week beginning June 12th

The following Apple Note discovered on Beal’s iPhone was read aloud to the court: “Confession. Final farewell. I am beginning this book to you on Saturday 12th February 2022. Its been 3 months and 12 days. I’m not a total monster. I know what I did.”

Beal was asked who this was addressed to. She said, “I don’t know specifically.”
“I would say it was just thoughts in my head,” she added.

(In the rest of the article there’s more about Tulip22, a lot of “I don’t remember” and contradictions when cross examined)

The court heard that, when the pair lived in Compton Way in Earls Barton, Beal did not like Mr Billingham working off the books.

Beal explained to the court that this was because she was claiming benefits but, as Mr Billingham was not registered to the property, she did not disclose his income on benefit application forms and she would, therefore, receive more money than she should.
The defendant claimed that Mr Billingham did not want anything registered in his name because debt collection companies were pursuing him and anything in his name would be seized as assets.
Mr Perian told the court this meant Beal had been dishonestly claiming benefits. Beal admitted that the information she put on the forms was inaccurate.

Such a strange case!

From the above article why would the step father and sister lie about the cleaning and nick name, they'd have nothing to gain from it

also wonder as a home owner and teacher I wonder what benefits she'd be claiming- this makes me think she is a mother

Exactly. She’s contradicting her own defence witnesses and making the prosecution’s job easier imo.
I wonder if it contradicts something she already said about him before trial, and if she agrees with them now it just stacks up the lies she's told. Like perhaps she'd said he was lazy and made her do all the cleaning.

Such a strange case!

From the above article why would the step father and sister lie about the cleaning and nick name, they'd have nothing to gain from it

also wonder as a home owner and teacher I wonder what benefits she'd be claiming- this makes me think she is a mother
It says that when they lived in their previous address she was claiming their benefits....when she lives in Earls Barton. But the address where this happened was Moore Street (Northampton). So how long ago did they live there?
Because I feel like she teacher trained in the past 10 years, not since leaving uni (if I remember correctly) - I am a teacher and remember thinking "Oh she went into teaching in her late 30s/early 40s then).
So possibly she was on benefits and renting before she trained as a teacher, got a job, and then bought a house. Guessing if she was unemployed before or on low income, she would qualify for Universal Credit of some sort?

Beal told the court that, after she initially found out about the affair in March 2018, Mr Billingham was debating moving in with the mistress. Mr Perian asked Beal how she felt about that.

Beal replied: “Um… it’s difficult to say. She invaded our lives and I actually thought it might be better if he did.”
The court heard that Mr Billingham moved in with the other woman in September 2018 where he remained for around three months before finding out about the pregnancy. He moved to his cousin’s house and then shared accommodation.
Beal told the court that, during this time, Mr Billingham would turn up to their Earls Barton address “crying a lot” and saying that he had made a “mistake.”

(…)

Invited by Mr Perian to tell the jury what her cannabis consumption was before she had stabbed Mr Billingham, Beal said: “I was smoking quite a lot at that point.

“If I wasn’t working… maybe 10 joints a day. Around £50 a week.”

The Crown alleges that Beal had not tested positive for Covid, but killed her partner after telling her school that she had contracted the virus.
Questioned about messages she sent to her school, Beal answered: “I thought I had (tested positive) but now I am not so sure.

Invited by Mr Perian to tell the jury what her cannabis consumption was before she had stabbed Mr Billingham, Beal said: “I was smoking quite a lot at that point.

“If I wasn’t working… maybe 10 joints a day. Around £50 a week.”

The Crown alleges that Beal had not tested positive for Covid, but killed her partner after telling her school that she had contracted the virus.
Questioned about messages she sent to her school, Beal answered: “I thought I had (tested positive) but now I am not so sure.

10 joints a day!

When it was put to her that the killing had “nothing to do with cannabis use”, she replied: “I don’t know.”

She then rejected the suggestion she had killed Billingham because she suspected he was having an affair, saying: “No. There had been plenty of affairs over the years.”

Perian asked: “This was a revenge killing, wasn’t it?”

“No,” Beal replied.

The former Eastfield Academy teacher was asked if she had thought about killing Mr Billingham by October 2021. She said she had “fleeting” thoughts of thinking it would be better if he was not there.
“I suppose wishing he was dead sometimes,” she added.
(…)
The prosecution questioned Beal about purchases she made on Mr Billingham’s credit cards and Amazon account including heavy duty refuse bin bags, venetian blind cleaner and mattress protector for a double bed in the early hours of November 2, 2021 - the day after she killed Mr Billingham.
On later dates, Beal used her partner’s card to purchase sex toys and watched *advertiser censored* on his phone.

Giving evidence at Northampton Crown Court heard on Monday, Beal told jurors she could not remember using Mr Billingham's phone to change her council tax status from double to single occupancy, view online *advertiser censored*, move his van and order a galvanised wood burner after his death.

She also claimed she had no memory of using the 42-year-old’s credit card to renew her TV licence nine days after he is believed to have been killed.

Giving evidence at Northampton Crown Court heard on Monday, Beal told jurors she could not remember using Mr Billingham's phone to change her council tax status from double to single occupancy, view online *advertiser censored*, move his van and order a galvanised wood burner after his death.

She also claimed she had no memory of using the 42-year-old’s credit card to renew her TV licence nine days after he is believed to have been killed.

Well, it was Tulip22 doing these things it seems.

JMO

You can move a van with a phone? The world is starting to scare me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear
Back