GUILTY UK - PC Gordon Semple, 59, Southwark, London, 1 April 2016

At least one report says he had no children, though whether there's a wife, ex-wife or girlfriend in the background there's no indication. Perhaps in his case, the police really were his family. He can't have been far off retiring either. It's strange how often an officer is killed just before they are due to retire.
I was meaning family as in FAMILY - parents, siblings, nieces, nephews not necessarily spouse/children ... and he was reported missing by his partner, I took that to mean life partner not work partner.

Daily mail are making quite a bit out of the fact he was gay - guessing they are trying to insinuate this was a meet up gone wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Disgusting in my opinion and only being insinuated because he was gay!

He looks like a big guy who could handle himself and he'd have police training in self defence so I don't think it was a random attack or a disgruntled criminal, I think it was someone he knew personally.

The fact that he was gay is irrelevant but I don't think papers mentioning that he was gay is in any way homophobic. Meet ups go wrong for straight people so why can't they go wrong for gay people too?

He looks like a big guy who could handle himself and he'd have police training in self defence so I don't think it was a random attack or a disgruntled criminal, I think it was someone he knew personally.

He need not necessarily have known the man who has been arrested. The Mail reports that he was a crime prevention officer, so it would be fairly normal I think for him to visit members of the public in their own homes.

The fact that he was gay is irrelevant but I don't think papers mentioning that he was gay is in any way homophobic. Meet ups go wrong for straight people so why can't they go wrong for gay people too?

I suspect it is irrelevant as well, but looking back to the information released yesterday, that a 49 year old man had been arrested, the thought did cross my mind that Mr Semple might have been gay and that this might have been a domestic incident.

He need not necessarily have known the man who has been arrested. The Mail reports that he was a crime prevention officer, so it would be fairly normal I think for him to visit members of the public in their own homes.
There are very few people who are silly enough to murder a police officer on duty. Some kind of lovers tiff is statistically far more likely.

The candle outside the flat - I'd guess it was some kind of smelly candle to attempt to disguise the smell?

There are very few people who are silly enough to murder a police officer on duty. Some kind of lovers tiff is statistically far more likely.

The Mail mentions Mr Semple's partner as being a chap called Gary Meeks and it does not sound as though he is under arrest at all. On the contrary, the couple lived at Greenhithe in Kent so that makes it unlikely that the incident in Southwark is of a domestic nature.

Agreed that killing a cop on duty is not a sensible thing to do, so perhaps that in itself may be a clue to what occurred.

Yeah that's an awful headline. I get what they're trying to say, but the wording is poor. Journalism these days......... :facepalm:

I read it three times then decided to give up and read the actual article. Once I'd read the article I realised what they were trying to say but I thought it was me misunderstanding something obvious!

Reading that gives me an awful feeling...

"There was a candle burning outside the flat and when I knocked on the door it was answered by a guy wearing blue Speedos and glasses. I asked him what the terrible smell was and he apologised and said he was cooking"

"At that address a man was arrested and human remains were discovered. Due to the condition of those human remains it will take some time for cause of death to be established and for formal identification to take place"

I don't want to say it... but was the man 'cooking' Mr Semples remains? I hope my feeling is wrong!!

It's awful isn't it, that is how I read it too. I was immediately reminded of that Nilson bloke and his house of horrors.
Poor Mr Semple. [emoji257]

Reading that gives me an awful feeling...

I don't want to say it... but was the man 'cooking' Mr Semples remains? I hope my feeling is wrong!!

Reading between the lines that does seem to be what is being hinted at. If so,

1. I doubt this will ever come to trial as it will almost certainly be indefinite detention at a secure hospital; and

2. Mr Semple's may not be the only police officer's career ended by this incident.

Reading between the lines that does seem to be what is being hinted at. If so,

1. I doubt this will ever come to trial as it will almost certainly be indefinite detention at a secure hospital; and

2. Mr Semple's may not be the only police officer's career ended by this incident.
I don't get point 2 - am I missing something

I don't get point 2 - am I missing something

I mean that some of his colleagues and those involved in the investigation will be pretty traumatised if this turns out to be as bad as it sounds. Some will need time off, counselling and general support. One or two might decide to leave the job, especially the older ones who could draw their pensions.

I mean that some of his colleagues and those involved in the investigation will be pretty traumatised if this turns out to be as bad as it sounds. Some will need time off, counselling and general support. One or two might decide to leave the job, especially the older ones who could draw their pensions.
OK get'ya. Thought I was missing something.

Well, it's been verified that it is his body now and that it was dismembered...horrifying

The Daily Mail has some further information about the man arrested and what happened to Gordon Semple:

1. The man arrested is Stefano Brizzi, a 49 year old gay Italian freelance social worker who has been in the UK for around 6 years and who originally came from Pistoia near Florence. He had previously worked as a computer programmer at Morgan Stanley.

2. Brizzi had attempted to use acid to dissolve the body but when that failed had started boiling the parts.

3. It remains unclear how Mr Semple died.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...picion-murder-missing-PC-s-cut-body-flat.html

Since Brizzi was an "active member of London's gay community" according to the Mail, it seems very possible that the two men did know each other.

Pretty grim details emerging there. But at least the Daily Mail covered the question on everybody's mind.

Mr Semple, who is originally from Inverness, shared a £200,000 home in Greenhithe, Kent, with his partner Gary Meeks.

Pretty grim details emerging there. But at least the Daily Mail covered the question on everybody's mind.

Typical of the Daily Wail. As I was typing up my previous response I started thinking it all sounded like the plot of a Stuart MacBride novel.

I don't read The Sun so I can't link to it but I believe it's now reporting that parts of Gordons body are believed to be in the Thames and that his foot was found yesterday by a member of public

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back