UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

All the good work that was done and now......

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....m-savile-s-legacy-begins-to-unravel-1-4999584

Sir Jimmy Savile’s high-profile legacy in his home city of Leeds was unravelling today as fresh sex abuse allegations were levelled against him.

Public figures and groups were keen to associate themselves with Sir Jimmy during his life and in the scandal-free months that followed his death.
But, with the number of women coming forward to accuse him of abuse now reported to have exceeded 40, the city is moving to distance itself from the showbiz legend and charity fundraiser.
The Jimmy Savile Charitable Trust has confirmed it is considering changing its name in the wake of the allegations.
A spokeswoman for the charity said the step had been suggested by “a number of members of the public”.
She told the Yorkshire Evening Post: “The trustees are currently considering all options.
“[They] will do all they can to ensure the charity’s beneficiaries are not adversely affected by the recent reports.”
The Saviles Hall conference facility next to the Royal Armouries museum in Leeds yesterday appeared to have removed a section of its website relating to events at the venue that had been attended by Sir Jimmy.
An organiser of a Sir Jimmy-themed walking tour around Leeds has also said it is “very doubtful” that any more will take place.

wfgodot
thanks for opening this thread ,there is so much which still needs to be revealed about Jimmy so vile ,particularly his connection to the Jersey home.

Do you think that putting this information in a thread in celebrity and entertainment or crime in the news forums would bring it to more peoples attention?

Freddie Starr in Blackburn no-show riddle
1:12pm Monday 8th October 2012

By Chris Adams

HUNDREDS of angry fans were left fuming after comedian Freddie Starr failed to turn up for his Blackburn show on Saturday night.

It was just a day after Starr publicly denied claims that he groped a 14-year-old girl in Jimmy Savile’s dressing room. Five media organisations over-turned a high court injunction brought by him to ban the pub-lication of the allegations.

Despite taking to the stage at Wolverhampton Civic Hall on Friday night, during which he cracked a joke about the Jimmy Savile scandal and called claims against him ‘lies’, he didn’t show up at King George’s Hall.

Organisers were given no indication that he wouldn’t appear and have been unable to contact him or his management for an explanation.

Around 250 £20 tickets had been sold for the event on Saturday evening and many of the audience were in their seats when they were asked to go home. Security, box office and bar staff were all in place.

Organisers at King George’s made several attempts to contact the 59-year-old entertainer throughout Saturday but received no response.

The show was part of a tour following Mr Starr’s stint on hit ITV reality show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

A spokesman for King George's Hall said concerns were first raised when a production company hired by Mr Starr for sound and lighting failed to show at 2pm.

Repeated calls to the firm and to Mr Starr’s company PK Celeb Ents were made but not answered throughout the afternoon.

Two of Freddie's 'biggest fans' were women in wheelchairs who had been outside waiting with flowers from early afternoon.

They were spotted by Blakey's bar staff who invited them inside to wait when they opened at 5pm.

A spokesman said: “The sandwiches and hot drinks were ready for the production crew at 2pm, so from 2.30pm we were on the phone trying to get hold of someone.

“We hoped that Freddie would show as often entertainers can be very late and we couldn't cancel prematurely.

“At 6.30pm, that was the minimum amount of time for costume and makeup so we made the announcement then.

“If we had been given some idea the show was off we could have avoided bringing all the staff in and having customers come inside only to be disappointed.”

David and Irene Moss, from Burnley, said the lack of communication from Starr was disappointing.

Irene said: “It would have been decent of him to get in touch. We have paid £20 a head to be here and it’s a great let down.”

Another couple, Rita and George Firth travelled from Nelson.

George said: “We have seen Freddie before and he puts on a brilliant show. Obviously we’ve heard about the allegations in the papers but if he’s not guilty then he should have been here.”

Staff at the venue were just as bemused as the audience after Mr Starr’s no-show.

One worker, who didn’t want to be named, said: “People have travelled from as far away as the North-East and Anglesey for this gig.

“They have spent money on transport and hotel rooms and it’s pathetic that he’s cancelled without notice.”

The venue was offering refunds and alternative events to disgruntled customers.

The show was billed as: "Madcap legend Freddie Starr is back from Australia and will be thrilling audiences during the spring and autumn of 2012 with his BACK FROM THE JUNGLE TOUR, as he takes his hilarious new show to some of his favourite theatres.”

The Lancashire Telegraph tried several times to contact Mr Starr and his representatives yesterday without success.

Back

© Copyright 2001-2012 Newsquest Media Group

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/trade_directory/

Jimmy Savile linked with Haut de la Garenne children's home scandal (Guardian)
---
A solicitor who acted for victims of child abuse in Jersey also told the Guardian that some former Haut de la Garenne residents, both women and men, now claim they were assaulted by Savile in the 1970s.

Alan Collins, a solicitor for several Haut de la Garenne victims, said "a handful" of former residents have now made abuse allegations about Savile. He said Savile's name was mentioned several times during the police investigation of 2008 but that the evidence did not seem to stack up at the time.
---
more at the link

Wfgodot,

As I mentioned yesterday do you think you could put this thread into a thread which more people might read as so much is beginning to come out now,particularly about Jersey.

Channel 4 have uncovered an old clunk click tape showing Freddie Starr next to the girl who said he molested her.

Wfgodot,

As I mentioned yesterday do you think you could put this thread into a thread which more people might read as so much is beginning to come out now,particularly about Jersey.

Channel 4 have uncovered an old clunk click tape showing Freddie Starr next to the girl who said he molested her.
I thought about putting it originally in Crimes in the News, but decided that, since it would be a long-running affair, this might be the place. Quite hard to get (and keep) UK posters, I've found, as, generally, the topics I make threads of - many of them Britain-oriented - sink like stones.

I thought about putting it originally in Crimes in the News, but decided that, since it would be a long-running affair, this might be the place. Quite hard to get (and keep) UK posters, I've found, as, generally, the topics I make threads of - many of them Britain-oriented - sink like stones.

I think this is a big story in the u.k and is growing, on many other websites it is the top story.I also think people in other countries are interested especially as other household celebrities are possible involved.

Why don't you try it on crimes in the news and see what happens?

I think this is a big story in the u.k and is growing, on many other websites it is the top story.I also think people in other countries are interested especially as other household celebrities are possible involved.

Why don't you try it on crimes in the news and see what happens?
I'll check with a mod. Rarely are threads moved but we'll see.

Freddie Starr forced to admit he WAS in the same room as girl who claims he abused her after footage from 1974 is unearthed
Freddie Starr was last night forced to admit being ‘mistaken’ after footage from 1974 showed him alongside the teenage girl who now claims he abused her.

Starr had strenuously denied ever meeting Karin Ward - who claims he tried to molest her in Sir Jimmy Savile’s BBC dressing room.

The comic had also insisted he only met Savile twice in his life, and had never even been to the BBC.

But last night he was proved wrong on all three counts after watching 1974 footage unearthed by Channel 4 News.

It showed Starr appearing on one of Savile’s BBC shows, Clunk Click - the very episode Ms Ward says was being filmed the day she was abused.

Standing next to him was a 14-year-old Miss Ward, in a yellow blouse and long brown hair.
---
much more at Daily Mail link above

Mike Smith calls claims of BBC abuse a "witch hunt" (Telegraph)
Former Radio 1 DJ Mike Smith has dismissed claims by fellow presenter Liz Kershaw that she was groped on air in the 1980s as "jokes" sparking a witch hunt designed to "smear" fellow presenters.

Talking to DJ Richard Bacon on his Five Live programme this afternoon, the former presenter of the channel's flagship breakfast show said his colleague Kershaw's account of being groped had led to an "epidemic caused by the media."

He said: "There's a danger here that an awful lot of innocent, hard working people are going to be smeared by the comments of Liz Kershaw and particularly Janet Street-Porter in her Daily Mail article.

"This is an epidemic caused by the media; there's not epidemic going on and there wasn't an epidemic at the time.

"This witch hunt has got to stop."
---
much more at the link

I think the way that young girl almost recoils in disgust in the Glitter/Savile clip posted earlier says it all.

These men were clearly NOT subtle with their crimes. That cadaverous, unfunny old pervert, and that fat weirdo in his too-tight sequined jumpsuit only got away with it for as long as they did because they were protected.

They only got to enjoy careers which gave them maximum exposure to their victim demographic of choice for so long, because they were protected.

By whom, precisely, is the next logical question. It's not sufficient to say "the record company" or "the BBC". There are names attached to the people whose job it was to keep these men out of prison for decades so they could keep on harming children.

"Witch hunt" indeed. It sickens me they'd use such a term. How about "criminal investigation"?

Jimmy Savile's family to remove his headstone 'out of respect for victims' as
police reveal they are looking into 120 leads over abuse against boys and girls

Jimmy Savile’s £4,000 grave is to be dismantled on orders of his family 'out of respect for public opinion', it was announced yesterday.

The astonishing U-turn by the Savile family was revealed only minutes after the Metropolitan Police press conference.
Sources said the relatives were 'emotionally drained' by the sheer force of the allegations as police announced a huge inquiry into allegations that Sir Jimmy Savile 'sexually assaulted underage girls over four decades'.
---
more at DM link abobve

At least the family arent in denial any more, makes me sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back