UPDATED:Casey Death Penalty Case Hard To Make At This Time

Why wouldn't they at least wait to make this decision until after the search this weekend? What if Caylee's body is recovered, and there are "aggravating factors" that contributed to her death?
I was wondering the same thing. I thought they had until the 24th to decide this.
So, if they find her body this weekend, are they locked into this statement?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought they had until the 24th to decide this.
No. The statement is the "PRESENT" state of their evidence doesn't support sufficient aggravating factors. If they get additional evidence that is relevant to and supports the aggravating factors, the result of not seeking the death penalty could change.

Whether she killed Caylee on purpose or by accident, I still hope they plan on throwing the book at her for her lying all these months.

They better not offer her some sweet deal just so they can get her to tell them where she dumped her baby's body.

No. The statement is the "PRESENT" state of their evidence doesn't support sufficient aggravating factors. If they get additional evidence that is relevant to and supports the aggravating factors, the result of not seeking the death penalty could change.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Geesh, how many dead people are laying around Florida, I have heard of several found since this case started.

We don't have *that* many dead people - no more so than any other state, lol.

THat said: I'll deal with lwop!

I've been saying all along that I don't think LE has much more than what we've seen. What they have is still enough for a murder conviction, IMO.

A couple of thoughts about this:

a) Perhaps they finally were able to get KC to tell them where Caylee is and that's why it's been taken off the table.

b) I highly doubt that this is the last of the evidence they have against her. I am sure there is much, much, much more.

c) I'd rather see her in General Population anyway. Suffering for the rest of her life is about right.

d) I won't believe it until I hear it as an official announcement.

A couple of thoughts about this:

a) Perhaps they finally were able to get KC to tell them where Caylee is and that's why it's been taken off the table.

b) I highly doubt that this is the last of the evidence they have against her. I am sure there is much, much, much more.

c) I'd rather see her in General Population anyway. Suffering for the rest of her life is about right.

d) I won't believe it until I hear it as an official announcement.

I second that emotion. I think KC may have told them where the body is but after reading what she said to DCF on orlandosentinel.com I doubt it. She said that the sheriff's office is trying to break her into confessing and her attorney is confident that at trial she will be found not guilty.

Also, I'd rather see the bi**h rot for 200 plus years than give her the DP. She will be thinking about Caylee for the rest of her days on this earth.

The prosecution is right, the forensic evidence I re-read today from the "new" dump, isn't enough. Yes I think she's guilty, but they need to find Caylee's remains. If they don't Casey will get off with "much more less" than a dealth penalty.

Much less is right.

and it won't be a tough sell to the jury, either. remember: we aren't privy to the testimony that the jury will hear from LE and experts, etc. ;) Just sayin...

Susan Smith has managed to make a "life" in gen pop by having affairs with guards and other women. I can see KC doing the same. She should never have another moment of happiness in her life. EVER.

Interesting.

The statement takes the bite out of the defense's aggressiveness.

I wonder if they are also wondering if making this statement might get Cindy & George to stop protecting Casey at the expense of solving this crime?

:clap:

the state can still change its course... ;)

not to mention the fact that the state can move to continue the trial. they haven't done it previously and i can't imagine a judge would say no to such a request, provided it was for a reasonable time, considering that Casey's right to a speedy trial rights would still be WELL PROTECTED. :D :D :D

That sucks.

I wish they could've held out releasing this info to use it against KC if they don't find Caylee's body this weekend. It might have been a really good bargaining chip to making her tell where she is.

I'm just curious, and please move me if I'm in the wrong place, but I am starting to worry if she might actually get "away" with this. I mean there is no doubt in my mind she will be charged with the fraud and lying to authorities, but I will be heartbroken if she ends up only spending like 10 years in jail.

Is anyone else worried about this?

The article says this:
"Prosecutors say they don’t know if they have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A spokesman at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have not taken the death penalty off the table, because the case is still developing and they hope to find Caylee’s body.

Randy Means of the state attorney’s office said there are doubts there are enough aggravating factors to get the death penalty at this time."

So, which is it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back