UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, aren't we just taking SS's word that it was only NS who did the actual beating? She, a pathological liar, is the one who told LE what happened. Why believe her?

I don't think anyone could sit back and watch that horrendous, mind-bogglingly horrible abuse happen unless they wanted it to happen. I think she was intimately involved in the abuse and most likely carried it out, as well.

The pictures she took were trophies to celebrate what she did.

I hope these 2 rot. Hope they truly enjoy their honeymoon :furious:

http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15074193

(snipped)

Just read this article with more statements from the bio dad and more background on his and SS's marriage and divorce. I'm reeling from the injustice of it all. I know it's impossible to really "know" SS from the portions of information we get through the media and other sources, but even from the fraction we're able to see so far...she seems certifiably sociopathic. Seems like poor little Ethan was doomed to suffer in some way from the very beginning, because the divorce was not amicable, SS was bitter (oddly enough, because she's the one who left JS FOR NS), and Ethan was -- as someone else posted -- the obvious pawn, which SS turned into a weapon to use against her ex-husband.

Another fact that fleshes out this scenario for me is the fact JS is an oil rig worker. A lot of young oil rig families are doomed from the start, because of the regular prolonged separation while the husband is offshore working and the wife is left at home alone. The Army has "Dear John" letters. Offshore, the guys talk about "Jodie" moving in on their women while they're gone. Looks like SS met Jodie, wanted Jodie, and left her husband for him.

And infidelity/divorce is particularly hard for those guys offshore, just like the guys in the military, because they HAVE to be absent no matter what. While they're stuck at work, they're constantly plagued by thoughts of what their spouses/ex-spouses are doing in their homes, with their belongings, etc.. They're trapped out there, have no control over what's going on back onshore. They just have to stick it out the two weeks or four weeks or whatever until their hitch is over. SS had JS over a barrel in so many ways, and all of them knew it. And I bet SS & NS had the times of their lives hurting JS in any way they could.

And to add insult to injury...the article states JS had a pending settlement for an offshore injury. Depending on what the injury was, he could've expected a hefty lump sum. He was quoted to say he offered SS a full HALF of it if he could have full custody. Apparently, she was just dandy with this idea, if it weren't her idea to begin with. Know what I say? Well, I can't post what I say about that because my mother taught me not to say such things in polite company. (But you all know what I'm thinking.)

This man has lost EVERYTHING. The article doesn't say if he's returned to his job now or not, but he may be out of work, too, on top of everything else. How much can a man take?

The only solace I have in this is that SS & NS are behind bars now with no hope to see the light of day again for a long, long, long time. They're separated from each other, thrown in with wolves, and yoked with nothing but a whole lotta time to replay the crime in their heads over and over again.

JS, on the other hand...he's lost so much. He may never, ever heal. But he does have his life ahead of him. I hope eventually, he heals from this and becomes an incredibly strong person who has turned his grief into peace.

Gary McPhie lives in the building where Nathaneal and Stephanie Sloop recently moved in with Ethan, who came to live with his mother for the summer.

"If I knew what was really going on, I would have gone in and took care of it," he said.

Most of those sitting with McPhie said it is not unusual to hear children crying, but they all agreed they are going to listen a little more carefully and report anything suspicious.

http://www.standard.net/topics/etha...ghbors-gather-mourn-death-4-year-old-utah-boy

That's what I mean...she shouldn't be allowed to play the victim card. Some people may not be great day-to-day parents. It's not an easy job but some things need no thought, they're instinctual. Like animals, a normal mother would not think about rushing to the defense of her child. Nature and instinct take over, no thought for fire, danger, or anything other than saving one's child. It really is simple instinct and when that is not present, you are dealing with a serious aberration. And I don't want to hear that she was drugged or brainwashed. She took pics, went shopping, admitted that she knew Ethan needed treatment but did not act on that knowledge, got married and kept up her wedding website from hell. She went on with her life, failing to do the only thing that she should have done - protect her son. There is no excuse and I really want them to perform vivisection on that one just so science might find the crossed wires that lead to things like this.

Someone said SS makes Casey Anthony look like June Cleaver and I am inclined to agree. I have always wondered if Casey didn't do something stupid like give her poor child too much sleepy meds, or leave her in a closet, so she could go off and not have to worry. When she remembered to come back from clubbing, she was left with a dead child, and instead of admitting to that, here we are. It still says there's something wrong, but we can almost understand an accident. I had hoped Ethan's case would be so. What makes SS so wrong is her complicity, even admitting that she saw this man deface her son with a hammer. How can she retain any composure, especially after that? What sane person wouldnt be totally unhinged with that image in their mind? Look at those pics and see a woman who has obviously shed not one tear. Every single thing she did and didn't do shows just how much an equal partner in this she was.

You nailed it, on every point. Thank you.

This man has lost EVERYTHING. The article doesn't say if he's returned to his job now or not, but he may be out of work, too, on top of everything else. How much can a man take?

Ethan's father hasn't lost everything (thankfully)(; he has other children, by at least one previous relationship. (See "mommy2" posts on sltrib.com)

The only solace I have in this is that SS & NS are behind bars now with no hope to see the light of day again for a long, long, long time. They're separated from each other, thrown in with wolves, and yoked with nothing but a whole lotta time to replay the crime in their heads over and over again.

ITA. I'm anti-DP, so believe that the very worst punishment is life without the possibility of parole, forcing them to constantly think what got them there.

They may end up having to give her a plea of some sort to get all the details in about what was done to Ethan...she is all they have to back it all up. I think she would be still be looking at a very long prison sentence, probably the max for whatever charges, other than homicide, she faces, if they want to get capital murder on him...JMO

WARNING: GRAPHC and DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the timeline forward for the members and guests - not sure we can believe much of what Stephanie has told.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 3rd revision.

May 4th
- Tuesday
First of many cell phone pictures mom takes of abuse over the days. Picture of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
Nate's mom visits - says all is fine
Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, told his son was unavailable to talk as he had done in prior days.

Between May 5 and May 8
, Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

"Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports."

6 p.m. either Thursday or Friday...Stephanie Sloop come down the steps of her apartment and walk along the sidewalk onto the grass.
Quote:
"She seemed agitated, kept stopping and looking back," Hope said.

May 6th - Thursday
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

May 7th - Friday
Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water). Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth. Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries. Blood and vomit found in child's bed. Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets.

'Stephanie told us that on 05/08/2010 Ethan smeared his feces on the bathroom wall and on Nate."

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan is found dead in bed

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
Late in day Stephanie reports child missing Make up story about child leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53729228.pdf

They may end up having to give her a plea of some sort to get all the details in about what was done to Ethan...she is all they have to back it all up. I think she would be still be looking at a very long prison sentence, probably the max for whatever charges, other than homicide, she faces, if they want to get capital murder on him...JMO

I think Ethan's body is evidence enough, about what was done. If the hammer is found, DNA will show who weilded it. She admitted buying lighter fluid, so that's evidence.

She admitted going to Walmart to get him some drugs (what????), so unintentionally admitted she was free to leave without him, thus giving her the opportunity to call 911.

Ethan's father hasn't lost everything (thankfully)(; he has other children, by at least one previous relationship. (See "mommy2" posts on sltrib.com)

ITA. I'm anti-DP, so believe that the very worst punishment is life without the possibility of parole, forcing them to constantly think what got them there.

The DP would be too swift and painless for these two, IMO. However, I don't see either of them having nightmares over what they did to little Ethan. I don't see them thinking of him at all except to be angry and blame him for them being in prison.

please let me know of any additions or deletions. Tia
thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ound-mother-and-stepfather-arrested.html?pg=2
Another neighbor, Janet Hope, said she was coming home from work around 6 p.m. either Thursday or Friday and saw Stephanie Sloop come down the steps of her apartment and walk along the sidewalk onto the grass.
"She seemed agitated, kept stopping and looking back," Hope said.
eyes4crime this is the article on when ss was seen outside apartment.

I thought you might have missed it so I brought it forward.

What is swift about the DP? It takes years and years to make its way thru the courts...sometimes decades...often communted to life anyway...LWOP is always OK with me...

Thought I would bring the timeline forward for the members and guests - not sure we can believe much of what Stephanie has told.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 3rd revision.

May 4th
- Tuesday
First of many cell phone pictures mom takes of abuse over the days. Picture of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
Nate's mom visits - says all is fine
Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, told his son was unavailable to talk as he had in prior days.

Between May 5 and May 8, Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"
Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday
Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

May 7th - Friday
Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water). Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth. Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries. Blood and vomit found in child's bed. Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan is found dead in bed

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
Late in day Stephanie reports child missing Make up story about child leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Good work!
I like information laid out logically, too.
Just a suggestion: did you know you could put that information on a google website for free, then link to it in your signature line here? (See my signature, which takes you to the timeline/info pages for the Steven Koecher page).

The nice thing about doing it that way, is you never have to repost it -- and every time you post about anything else, the URL is right there for people to click on.

One suggestion:
May 11th: "teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence" -- perhaps change that to "Ethan's body found damaged as described in probable cause statements"?

Again, VERY good work that helps clarify things. The more reports that come out, you'll be able to add specific times. Like the phone call to 911.

What is swift about the DP? It takes years and years to make its way thru the courts...sometimes decades...often communted to life anyway...LWOP is always OK with me...

well.......unless you live in the vigilate state of texas :dance:

That poor child. OMG. She needs to be charged with Murder 1.

Seriously. They need to charge her with Murder. That child would be alive today if she had taken him to the hospital. :furious:

She heard him being beat in the bedroom and did nothing. This is horrible.
He was given Benadryl to keep quiet.
She did not get him help because she was afraid Nate would harm her if she tried to.

She is a . She could have called for help when she heard what was happening. That monster let that little boy die.

May 11 » Police spend nearly 12 hours searching the apartment complex and surrounding area before calling off the search, moving it to Powder Mountain. At 5 p.m., Ethan's body is recovered near a trailhead.

http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15074193

And another. Eyes4crime, thanks for doing the timeline.

This is from the photos on page 13 of this thread.

How can such utter evil look so normal? I really am just sick. I don't know how child welfare people do their jobs. I would have nightmares every single night.

I will never, ever understand these monsters. This story is just horrific and sad. R.I.P. Ethan. You didn't deserve this. I know you're in heaven playing with all of the other beautiful children who were taken too soon. You were such a little cutie-pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24